System Angled Wall Hits, Floor breaks and the like.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
This has likely been mentioned somewhere else, but one issue I've had with DOA, such as in DOA5U are the angled wall hits.

I fucking hate them.
- They mess up combos
- Knock the opponent away, usually to a safer spot away from the wall
- End up doing less damage then front-walled hits at 5 dmg instead of 10 dmg + wall splat
- Tend to have picky hit-detection
- Allow for no follow-up capability or pressure

I'm also not a fan of floor breaks due to them also messing up combos, though some characters do have applications for them (such as Rachel's Yurlungur stomp). However, they're not exactly like TTT2's floor breaks that have guaranteed combo follow-ups (though Tekken is more focused on having as many juggle opportunities as possible).

What's your take on angled wall hits? I personally would like them to be like SCV's wall hits where they still allow for follow-up capability even when the opponent hits the wall at an angle.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
That is another issue which is the collision glitch where characters pretty much go through each at times. A gripe I have with corners is how easily characters can become "disoriented" between Front-facing and Backturned, with an example being Ayane's 66KK4~BT7K juggle turning into 66KK4~7K leading to an annoying whiff, or 66KK4~BTPP4PP7K turning into 66KK4~P4P for example.

Xernuht

It kind of bothers me as well, but I tend to just launch anyways. What they could do in those regards is just increase the 'straight hit' angle to something more like 90 degrees.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
You guys have no idea how many matches I lost offline and online due to 66T not connecting because of "lel random wall collision physics FUCK YOU!!"

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD