Apparently the girls (and Eliot) get censored as well.

Lycanthrope -R-

Oh, so they took these completely out of the game? (Why didn't I even notice playing?) What happens when they are hit?
The same as if you turned the "violence" off. It's a far away camera angle no matter what. There's no WHITE FLASH. But, it's zoomed out.

But they worked in Marie Rose, Honoka and NiCO facial morphs animations for Break Blows:

This is self censorship, they changed their mind in last moment.
That one dude was like they should do it for all the females. :rolleyes:

EvangelioN

I tried Break Blow on Brad just to see and he doesnt have blood too which is weird considering he is not a loli lol

Macca Beam

Appealing to the lowest common denominator is not a defense for ineptitude. Considering that this developer literally made my favorite, hyper-violent game of all time, it seems pretty goofy to suggest "Team Ninja won't make hardcore violence because Japan," especially when they just released Nioh where people's limbs fly off in fountains of blood. It's a different genre, but the position you put forward is more poorly constructed than the one you're criticizing.
Last I checked the term "lowest common denominator" usually pops up in discussions of people who gleefully consume gratuitous fanservice, which both sex and violence are a part of. Then again, it might just be another one of those polyform concepts that conveniently morph into whatever fits the user's narrative.

"because Japan" is a completely valid suggestion seeing as this happens all. the. time. Exceptions still exist because it is not completely close-minded about the subject, but whenever gore/violence gets mysteriously gutted out of something (despite existing before) that's your #1 suspect. There is no other explanation.

A company has to be consistent in everything they do is an extremely flimsy argument (so is relating a deliberate artistic decision I didn't like with ineptitude, while forgetting this was its first occurrence in the series' history altogether). Did Dissidia have limbs flying off everywhere? Did Street Fighter have decapitation? Was Injustice anywhere close to MK's aesthetics? What inept kusoge those were! Alas, DOA is neither Nioh nor Ninja Gaiden, and not even back when Itagaki was in charge did he consider the two series to be aesthetically similar.

While I've always talked enthusiastically about violence, the execution of Break Blows is simply too shit for me to care. If anybody really thinks a literal :P: laced with strawberry juice qualifies as violence, they might just be part of the sense of style-void mass. It's only thanks to the stylish camera angle you get when turning it OFF that the whole thing was partially salvaged. Why did my overkill have to die for this?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD