Characters ARCADE: Phase-4 combo video and Character 1.05 patch changelist

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Well, no, Decabre was known well before the reveal. It's more that Capcom was being hella stupid with their promotion and that reveal video being hella troll.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Have you read the manga, watched the ova, or played SFA3? I know it's fighting game story and all, but it's basically the entire backstory of Cammy.

d3v

team ninja was basically like "oh we're going to add another clone" and there was mild disappointment at first until we've seen her movelist, there basically was no reason to add her other then to have a new character which the gesture was nice

capcom hyped a character for 9 months trolling the entire fanbase and what did we get a complete copy paste character with the only new edition is teleports
Aside from a few things borrowed from previous dolls, her entire moveset (stinger, barrage, scramble, ground pound) is new.

FatalxInnocence

Actually, they stated we'd be receiving the 1.05 patch upon the release of Marie Rose... so we're getting the changes next week.

3lj9BFo.png

Edit; Just decided to throw this in for proof >_>;;

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
The only thing bothering me about phase 4 is that she looks like kasumi too much..

If she had those bloody red eyes in the ending for example or just any changed feature. Scar, mole whatever.. then id be a little happier..

Then again we got hayate and ein... So.. nevermind > __>

Kronin

For some reason it bugs me that, if you take a closer look, both suits are an exact(!) copy of Ayanes C2 :p just with a scarf added and the flower pattern on the black armor parts changed to a more camo military design I guess.

You're right the outfits are the same model: they seemed to me different in the first impression that I had: so they are almost a recolour just like happened in DoA2U.

By the way I assure you that this is an hystorical outfit (part of Kasumi's vestiary, but actually in the collective imagination of the fans always associated to her clone) and that people really were asking for it.

Even if this end to be a copy of Ayane's outfit, the fans will not see is as a such thing so I think that there is no problem. But of course, something able to differentiate more the two outfits would have been a better scenario.

Yeah...you didn't see P4 stepping on a picture of Tengu either to troll the fanbase unlike how Capcom decided to handled it. The method of how the two characters were delivered couldn't be more different.

Neverthless, Tengu's heart was broken... :(

Get out your tissues for wiping the tears: this is the real sad story of Tengu Bankotsubo... (not for the faint of heart!):

7vj6G1b.jpg

https://twitter.com/Kronin1/status/444254371996397568
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=380372668771157&set=o.126851554085605&type=1&theater

@Female Tengu Lol, I realized just now that I didn't write a closure for a sentence XD

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Actually, they stated we'd be receiving the 1.05 patch upon the release of Marie Rose... so we're getting the changes next week.

3lj9BFo.png

Edit; Just decided to throw this in for proof >_>;;

That's not "proof", that's "confusion". That's referring to the console's 1.05 update, different from the arcade's 1.05 update. The arcade's 1.05 update will most likely be the console's 1.06 update. They already announced the changelist for the console's 1.05 update last month.

FatalxInnocence

That's not "proof", that's "confusion". That's referring to the console's 1.05 update, different from the arcade's 1.05 update. The arcade's 1.05 update will most likely be the console's 1.06 update. They already announced the changelist for the console's 1.05 update last month.

You are aware the arcades 1.04 was introduced to us at the same time right? I don't see why this should be any different. Many people actually thought the 1.04 patch would introduce Marie Rose SINCE it was a patch being applied to the arcade version at the same time. Of course, it didn't introduce her... however it did introduce the same changes.

I imagine this will be the same, just without Phase-4. Also, do you have any visual proof behind that? cause if you can provide it I'll believe you. I just find it hard to believe that they would provide 2 different change lists solely for 1.05 when they didn't for 1.04.

Edit; I guess we wont know for sure until the patch releases, but here's the 1.04 changelist, which shows that it was universal for all current releases of 5U ( Ps3, 360 & arcade )

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/ultimate/information/info_20140204.html

( kind of have to scroll down to the actual changelist, the stuff at the top varies due to arcade having a diff customization system + console having tag. )

Last edited:

FatalxInnocence

Hey, I'm all for it if it's released on all consoles. However I'm playing it safe until I hear official word otherwise.

Oh, no. I understand that. I'm jumping the gun, I admit. However, it just wouldn't add up if they didn't. They purposely ran the beginning phase of the arcade version off 1.03, both consoles & arcade received 1.04 within the same time period.... you had to admit, it would be strange if they both received different versions of 1.05 if they have been running off the same versions prior.

We'll see next week I suppose.

Yurlungur

Aside from a few things borrowed from previous dolls, her entire moveset (stinger, barrage, scramble, ground pound) is new.
Stinger = 100 hand slaps, ultras = maximum spider and yoga catastrophe, has a cannon drill/spiral arrow and third strike dive kick

All her grounded normals are stolen from cammy and a few air attacks are stolen from bison and oni, also i'll give you the benefit of the doubt her teleports are not stolen from raven from x-tekken which a lot of people say

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Oh, no. I understand that. I'm jumping the gun, I admit. However, it just wouldn't add up if they didn't. They purposely ran the beginning phase of the arcade version off 1.03, both consoles & arcade received 1.04 within the same time period.... you had to admit, it would be strange if they both received different versions of 1.05 if they have been running off the same versions prior.

We'll see next week I suppose.

One of my contacts at Koei-Tecmo told me the following:

The link you gave me is for Arcade version and I'm not 100% sure if this patch is compatible with the console version at this moment. But I can't find any typical reasons that Team Ninja adjust and change the balance between Arcade version and console version. I think when they tune the balance for the arcade they should apply the same to the console. I will make sure and let you know.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD