Are You Going to Winter Brawl 3D Next Month?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

I think it would be pretty awesome to see a successful tournament for DOA at WB3D even if it was announced with less notice than usual, I hope people will make it. I have a few obligations to attend to, but I'm going to do my best to be there. I know some of FSD's newer members have never ever been to a tournament, and that's super cool, but there are reasons for you to join our tournaments. From what I've seen over the years DOA community is one of the more accepting communities I know. We also bother to reveal gameplay secrets and are generous with information and advice.

It's hard to pull yourself out of a grave and I believe COVID destroyed offline tournaments, but Big E gaming is doing the absolute best he can for DOA and other 3D fighters. He's featuring DOA3, DOA5 and DOA6 as main games. I tip my hat to Big E. He's an awesome person. If you can go it also supports him as a tournament organizer.

If there is a reason you are not going, may I ask why that reason would be? Do you need help with that flight? Is it not enough notice? Are you simply tired of the current DOA selection? My last question would be: what would be incentive for you to attend?

TheIndustrialCowboy

NiCO Evangelist
Premium Donor
I'm not quite ready to attend an event like this yet. Someday, I want to though - I'd love an excuse to wear my NiCO cosplay in public and meet people from the community in-person.

For now, I need to focus on shaping my mood/psychological state as it relates to my gameplay. I need to first be able to get to the point where just playing DOA doesn't give me anxiety - it isn't always a bad thing (I often focus really well when anxious) but it would be nice to be able to just relax. Then I'll be able to take on the daunting task of travelling out of state on my own (something I've never done before).

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm not quite ready to attend an event like this yet. Someday, I want to though - I'd love an excuse to wear my NiCO cosplay in public and meet people from the community in-person.

For now, I need to focus on shaping my mood/psychological state as it relates to my gameplay. I need to first be able to get to the point where just playing DOA doesn't give me anxiety - it isn't always a bad thing (I often focus really well when anxious) but it would be nice to be able to just relax. Then I'll be able to take on the daunting task of travelling out of state on my own (something I've never done before).

In the height of gameplay and turnouts for DOA there tend to be several cosplay events and sometimes people do it anyway regardless. You have a well-done NiCO cosplay and every now and then you will see big names join in on it with Bass cosplaying as Matt Ponton, Emperor Cow as Leon and so on. The truth is I think even the calmest person feels tournament nerves. I felt mine sky-rocket when I competed against Crazy Steady and I felt them just as much with a new player (because I think deep down there is a fear of losing to inexperience).

You have to be able to also facilitate the adrenaline rush of crowds. I think that's the biggest one for me. When you get the chance, it is always a good thing to get your name out there as a fighter on stream because we record people's highlights and what they did right here and don't focus on the negatives even if they were eviscerated.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
You can still check out our coverage with the VOD posted in the comments. Welcome to FSD!

Tiburonin

You can still check out our coverage with the VOD posted in the comments. Welcome to FSD!

Thanks! That was some good coverage

Mestizo

Standard Donor

I think it would be pretty awesome to see a successful tournament for DOA at WB3D even if it was announced with less notice than usual, I hope people will make it. I have a few obligations to attend to, but I'm going to do my best to be there. I know some of FSD's newer members have never ever been to a tournament, and that's super cool, but there are reasons for you to join our tournaments. From what I've seen over the years DOA community is one of the more accepting communities I know. We also bother to reveal gameplay secrets and are generous with information and advice.

It's hard to pull yourself out of a grave and I believe COVID destroyed offline tournaments, but Big E gaming is doing the absolute best he can for DOA and other 3D fighters. He's featuring DOA3, DOA5 and DOA6 as main games. I tip my hat to Big E. He's an awesome person. If you can go it also supports him as a tournament organizer.

If there is a reason you are not going, may I ask why that reason would be? Do you need help with that flight? Is it not enough notice? Are you simply tired of the current DOA selection? My last question would be: what would be incentive for you to attend?
I went, got greased on 6 stream, then did pretty great on doa5lr. Amazing what just doing reps to adjust to local from online can do.

My goal though was to get on stream aaaaannnd luckily there were so few people there for 6 that I failed Upward and get on stream.

I was also really surprised by how much fun doa3++ was. Entered just to support community but was REALLY PLEASANTLY SURPRISED. Game goes hard.

Was really sad DOA5LR wasn't on stream and that the stream setup for 6 was all basic ugly ass default costumes. The sheer ugliness was genuinly distracting to use Tina's C1 which I have never used not even once. Stream setup didn't even have the on disk costume unlocks. Meanwhile the DOA6 area had atleast some defalt unlocks available.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I went, got greased on 6 stream, then did pretty great on doa5lr. Amazing what just doing reps to adjust to local from online can do.

My goal though was to get on stream aaaaannnd luckily there were so few people there for 6 that I failed Upward and get on stream.

I was also really surprised by how much fun doa3++ was. Entered just to support community but was REALLY PLEASANTLY SURPRISED. Game goes hard.

Was really sad DOA5LR wasn't on stream and that the stream setup for 6 was all basic ugly ass default costumes. The sheer ugliness was genuinly distracting.
It was good seeing you there! Nice Tina stick by the way!

Mestizo

Standard Donor
It was good seeing you there! Nice Tina stick by the way!
I've been to Halo and Smash 4 / Ultimate local play tournies in addition to DOA events. DOA is by far and away the nicest, most warm, and most welcoming of any local gaming community. Amazing how loltiddy game is more like my old martial arts tourny days than anything else I play.

Spending time/playing with a man of such refined culture as yourself was indeed a blast.

You got any idea when the next east coast event is going to be?

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I've been to Halo and Smash 4 / Ultimate local play tournies in addition to DOA events. DOA is by far and away the nicest, most warm, and most welcoming of any local gaming community. Amazing how loltiddy game is more like my old martial arts tourny days than anything else I play.

Spending time/playing with a man of such refined culture as yourself was indeed a blast.

You got any idea when the next east coast event is going to be?
The next one would be Summer Jam, but that event won't have DOA. My suggestion is to wait for NEC.

Mestizo

Standard Donor
The next one would be Summer Jam, but that event won't have DOA. My suggestion is to wait for NEC.
Honestly im hooked on DOA again since halo infinite is so dead and lonely (really sad I don't even get hate xbl messages). I may as well be playing against bots.

But I'm thinking about hosting weeklies at my house, stream it and build a grass roots scene for fun tiddy game! ^0^. Gunna clean out and set up my garage for it lol. Doa deserves so much more than it's got and if melee can do it so can doa!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD