Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hey gang,

Ever wanted to ask Team NINJA about Dead or Alive? or suggest issues to them?

Well, I've been graced with a contact that can provide Team NINJA a list of questions, suggestions, and feedback to answer and respond to.

So post here any questions, suggestions, and feedback and I'll select from those to send over to Team NINJA.

Oh, one more thing, questions will not be sent that ask about Dead or Alive 5 or its platform(s) being in production. It's just a wasted question as they will say they have no plans at this time for it.

Berzerk!

I understand about asking about Dead or Alive 5 platform or exact dates, but surely giving such feedback is moot unless it's to be directed towards a new DOA? Are we under that understanding, that this is feedback for a future DOA? I'm wondering how useful answers to our questions will be if they pretend they aren't making a new one (or indeed, are not).

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
If there is a next DOA, that is what you're suggesting ideas for. Otherwise, you can ask about past decisions as well.

I'm just saying, they will not respond to any specific answer about the status of a Dead or Alive 5 game at all. Even if they were working on it, they would not be able to say they are until after their marketing team and company announce the game officially.

Right now, all marketing efforts are going towards Ninja Gaiden 3. Announcing a game that may or may not be coming out after such would steal the thunder and focus from NG3 (Both from the developers and the fans).

Gill Hustle

Congrats to Mr. Wah getting the foot in the door to open up communications specifically FSD! ;)

Hmm, nothing DOA5 related though well then the best I can do will be a copy/paste edit of the stuff I posted on DOAC:

1. Are DOA++, DOAU2, DOA3.1 and DOA4 gonna be released as Live Arcade/Games On Demand? I know 2 of these titles are easy to find but this is more of a suggestion in a ways to help spread DOA awareness.

2. Since side stepping is outta the question due to the triangle system, will characters gain more moves with SS/Evasion properties and/or parry evade movements (example Counter to Jann Lee's Dragon Kick).

3. Will the Chronicle Event Story Mode/Cutscenes only be exclusive to DOAD. Even though I'm getting the game, it would be sad if a lot of other people get to experience the storyline cuz it's looking really good.

4. What are Team Ninja's thoughts on Ghost Data characters and DLC for *ahem* future DOA titles.

5. If they are gonna continue with the DOAX series would yo consider putting in on par with other titles like Mario Party?

The mini games could not be played multi player offline LIKE Mario Party. There were no leaderboards to my knowledge on ANYTHING and all you could do was Jet Ski and Vball online.

We have titles like GTA and Saints Row where you can do activities, have conversations with other characters, and just have plain fun in a whole city so is it possible do something on a similar caliber on Zack Island?

Also I think the menu system and time spent on the island need to be revamped. Meaning more activity time and a better interface. Shenmue is a good example.

And speaking of Saints Row and GTA, how cool would it exploring the island in a similar way? A few more activities couldn't hurt either umm I don't know like surfing, hang gliding, scuba/swimming, or bike riding.

6. Mr. Wah if you could paraphrase from my topic on FSD regarding full arcade stick compatibility with DOA.

That's all for now.

:ayane:

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
  • Characters like Zack and Bass seem to be based heavily on real-life people from 90s popular culture, would you consider any current pop-culture icons to influence future characters in the series?
  • Many competitive players do not like the critical stun system in DOA4 and Dimensions and prefer the way it was in DOA2 and 3. Meaning that too many moves cause a critical stun and you are required to stun your opponent multiple times before you can launch them. In previous games, fewer moves stunned and you were able to launch your opponent immediately. The stun system in previous games made for less guessing and this is bad.
  • Tag mode was very popular in 2 and 3 but not in 4 and Dimensions. This is in part due to the critical stun system. Will we see tag mode like it was in DOA2 and 3
I'll finish in a bit but I do have a request, I'm afraid to ask technical gameplay questions because I'm not that great a player. I'm sure Mr. Wah has a bunch of technical questions already lined up. Would you mind posting them so we're not repeating ourselves and, if need be, clarify or offer follow-ups?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Before I send the final questions, I will post them in the second post for final review. That way everyone is okay and clear with what will be sent.

JAG THE GEMINI

Just one question.

Will there ever be a DOA3 Ultimate(DOA3 with enhanced graphics +Online-mode)?

´Cause it is the only DOA fighting game to date that was never Online playable.

KoF06

Questions I wanted are already asked so I will just ask
  • On DoAD DoA I had the feeling characters personality changed. It's just a feeling?
This feeling perturb me a lot when I play doad.

Berzerk!

I must acknowledge what a good thing it is for Sorwah to have direct contact with Team Ninja. I honestly feel this is the best person in the community to channel communication to the developer. Great technical knowledge of the game, its history, and fair understanding of the views of a range of players, with a professional understanding of the developer.
Thanks, Sorwah.

I'm going to repost what I put in the similar thread in DOAC.

- Will Team Ninja continue to expand their community outreach and player contact?

- Will Dead or Alive be given a serious Multimedia push in its next version; it seems ideal for an anime series, for example

- Will TN consider updating the look of the characters to give them a more realistic tone?

- Will significant updates to the mechanics be entertained to give DOA a new feel?

- Will DOA be treated as a serious fighter and supported in major tournaments?

- Will you involve top level players of the community in development of future DOA titles? There are many pages of strategy discussion with ideas on desireable changes on the community sites.

- Will you support any released games with updates to the balance to keep the game both playable and fresh for both new players and old?

- Can you incorporate an expansive and intuitive training and exercise mode (like DOA4, but expanded, look at Virtua Fighter 4 EVO)

- Can you expand upon and strengthen the storyline mode to make it a true multiplayer campaign experience in a fighter; this is an opportunity to make non-fighter gamers pay attention. The new MK is a good attempt at this - but add Coop/internet play to the story/campaign and all characters need to be playable.
(The reason shooters are so popular is a combination of multiplayer for hardcore and solid cinematic storyline campaigns that capture interest of all gamers and provide motivation/goals for the characters)

- Please consider an ARCADE version for Japan to build early interest and test the game.

- Please consider making DOA3 as a downloadable title as this has never had an online mode.

- Can DOAD be recreated as a downloadable title for 360 and PS3 with further gameplay changes after learning from DOAD?

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Please port the Japanese release of DOA3 to Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network and
  • add levels and costumes from DOA2U
  • add internet play like it was in DOAU
  • tighten controller input window; in DOA3 there was a lot of moves performed by mistake
  • change holds to 6-point double direction (ie: high punch hold is :6::7::F:, high kick hold is :4::9::F:, mid punch :6::4::F:, mid kick :4::6::F:, low punch :6::1::F:, and low kick :4::3::F:)
  • bring back the DOA1 parry for :7::F:, :4::F: and :1::F: where you cannot parry during critical state
  • fix or remove Hayate's cartwheel
  • release at 15 USD
  • call this "Dead or Alive 3 Ultimate" or "Dead or Alive 3 Revival" or something similar
There are many benefits to doing this:
  • this will have a large audience; there are many more customers on Xbox and Playstation than on a new system like Nintendo 3DS
  • more people are likely to purchase this for $15 than if released at $60 at retail stores
  • if you can see how competitive players play, then you can see and make changes accordingly
  • DOA has a lot of potential, if you can make these changes then there is potential for the fighting game scene to take DOA seriously again and this means more supporters, both casual and hardcore. It is easier to market future games when there is a market already.
  • DOA3.1 (Japanese version of DOA3) was very difficult to obtain and play in the US, it is the best DOA in the last ten years but it is also the most difficult to obtain and play. This is a big barrier to entry. Releasing simultaneously on XBLA and PSN ensures that it is accessible to many more people.
  • It should not cost much to port over DOA3 to XBLA and PSN since you have all the old assets already available and will not be creating much new content. The potential to profit on a quick release is very high.

Memories HD

I'm really hoping for a new doa title on a HOME console very soon. I can live without dimensions. I'll just stick to my doa3.1.

Red dragon

I'm really hoping for a new doa title on a HOME console very soon. I can live without dimensions. I'll just stick to my doa3.1.

agreed. The only handheld doa i've played is paradise and its been a while since i touched that one. Im planning on taking doa3 and the double pack of doau back home with me. I can live with those games until another doa is released. They need to give us more than hints of a console doa coming out within the next few years.

im wondering if they could do some kind of downloadable content for doa4 like more costumes or something that would bring more hype to the game. Its running on empty and needs an energy drink real bad.

Memories HD

Exactly. that would do so much for the Doa community if they even gave us just costumes, maps, or even a dowloadable version of dimensions on the xbox arcade, or psn store.

Red dragon

i havent played dimensions yet and i dont have any relatives that have a 3ds nor the money to go get one. Im wondering how the game turned out anyways.

Memories HD

If you have a gamestop nearby, you can play it before the display is changed. its on display at most gamestops for the next week, so you can check it out.

Red dragon

actually i can't. Im not in the states right now. Im over in palestine on a lenthy, boring vacation as well as trying to finish up some business over here as well. I wont have the luxary of playing the game for myself. I already promised myself that i wouldnt do any reckless spending either, espically if i do wind up getting married this year or next year. Hell, i wouldnt have bought a ps3 if my older brother wouldnt have gone half in with me to get one. The only reason i wanted a ps3 was for mgs4.

Memories HD

thats the only reason i bought one too. the community on the xbox is just more solid. and has better exclusives. but this way, if doa5 is an exclusive, i can have both. and as far as doad goes, th eonly thing your missing is costumes, and the chronicle mode. online mode is garbage, unless playing with friends.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Okay guys, you can continue it in a private conversation. Let's not get off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD