Ask Team NINJA

Status
Not open for further replies.

HokutoNoBen

The Ninja Gaiden series is well known for being a very difficult action game that requires players to be very knowledgeable and smart while being very unforgiving to players that aren't.

Honestly? Given what Hayashi and the new NG team have shown thus far with NG3, even that much may be something worth calling into question, now. :confused:

Anyway, I'm willing to wait until we see more regarding DOA5. For right now, I'm just taking the Pre-Alpha footage as "proof of concept" and not much else.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
IT WAS A FREAKIN' ALPHA BUILD OF THE GAME! ALPHA! THE TRAILER WAS JUST MADE AS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT DOA5 WILL BE LIKE! GOD!!!1
Time of the month? Why are you so upset?

I wasn't arguing about the gameplay situation, just trying to point out that both the graphical and gameplay sides need addressing and that neglecting gameplay isn't a good idea.

I'll argue your point by asking you "What was Dimensions then?" The game is 99% identical to what we saw in all the trailers and videos leading up to release.

Least talking is better than nothing. Heaven forbid it's so hard to please you people.
Except that when Team Ninja has talked in the past, all their talk amounted to "We didn't think those were issues." We have cause to be concerned.

I'm feeling all of you on this. But frankly, Grap3, all that question would do is piss them off and risk alienating us from them.

They've been very forward, let's not piss them off by calling them "too scared" to do anything, when all they've been doing is asking US what they SHOULD change. If Hayashi and Shimbori were getting into yelling matches over counter-holds, then it's pretty obvious at least one of them is taking our concerns to heart.
I hadn't really given it too much thought and I don't at all mean to insult but you're right, maybe "too scared" isn't the right terminology.

I guess what I meant is that they're being very reluctant to make changes. It could be because they do see how negative we've been towards DOA and now they don't want to risk further upsetting us so they're reluctant to make any significant changes right now.

I just want to emphasize that I'd like to see the gameplay take the same kind of leap that the graphics have.

If the game gets closer to release and we're still seeing no improvement, obviously it will be a question worth revisiting in earnest. Until them, give em a chance.
Noted and I'm just posting it here to get my thoughts down because I am horribly forgetful. I had a third thought but I couldn't recall what it was by the time I was done writing the first two, haha.

OSTCarmine

I think its good that we get all this stuff out on the forums now. That way, when they release another trailer Mr Wah will already have a nice bunch of questions and he can choose the relevant ones and pass them on. I dont think we should do too much inquiry until then though. TN should think of us as their allies... consultants, if you will. Not a bunch of whiners

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
All things in moderation, Carmine.

All things.

Time will tell how much they want our help getting their foot in the door with the competitive community. We must remain optimistic.

And should they let us down and abandon all community interaction, releasing a terrible game, we shall simply pretend the game never existed :p

OSTCarmine

All things in moderation, Carmine.

All things.

Time will tell how much they want our help getting their foot in the door with the competitive community. We must remain optimistic.

And should they let us down and abandon all community interaction, releasing a terrible game, we shall simply pretend the game never existed :p
I think i now understand why women stay with their abusive husbands... make of that what you will. I AM going to buy DOA5.

on a side note - Who knows/likes/hates/fears my new avatar? I got a soft spot for the pink chick in the middle lol. She kinda reminds me of :leifang: just a little. If they ever do a crossover title a la Tekken X Street Fighter I think she would be an awesome addition. Just a random thawt

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I thought I'd share a reply I received back from Shimbori with you all.

Yohei Shimbori said:
Dear Matt,

Thanks so much for the questions and opinions. I really felt the strong passion from your community and thanks to you and your kind clarifications I was able to break the language barrier and understand the way American DOA fans think, which is something that’s priceless for the team. I was able to see the differences between American and Japanese players which will help us to make a game that is more balanced and that can be appreciated by any fighter world-wide.

Unfortunately, I cannot answer anything about the game system right now. We are taking everything you said into account and we are implementing and trying it out as we speak! You’ll see the result really soon.

When we met in Dallas, I recall losing to you most. When I got back to Japan I started planning my revenge and I am getting back into DOA3 with my favorites from long way back, Jann Lee and Bass. When we meet next time I hope that we can also battle in DOA5!

Yohei Shimbori

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Personal response, very nice.

I wonder if he plans on putting any of those new changes into the demo build. Since the demo is a download and not part of the physical ninja gaiden package, that gives them more time to maneuver.

Damn. Hype.

Gill Hustle

I thought I'd share a reply I received back from Shimbori with you all.

I glad for you Mr. Wah, and also Awesmic, Rikuto, Raansu, and everyone else who made the effort to make it to DID.

It's real important IMO that the FSD community know what you did for the DOA fans.

:ayane:

Tones

Premium Donor
If they want people to be aggressive, why dashing put you in high critical?

I like what I read. Hoping for the best.

Daniel

My opinion here I am new here on the forums is that Team Ninja should bring back those other DOA games from 1 - 5 a Collectors edition, more like a Epic-ology so that you can buy the full bundle of DOA, maybe it is in the process of making maybe not hope my message goes out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD