Atlanta/GA Thread

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Ok, so even though I'm living up in Boston at the moment, there's a slight chance I may be relocating to Atlanta for work in the fall of 2013. I know it's a ways off, but I'm still a bit curious as to what the DOA scene is like down here. I know ATL has a pretty big FGC, so I was wondering if any of our Atlanta brethren could shed some light on how strong the DOA community is.

Also, this is a matchmaking thread, so you guys can totally go nuts and setup offline sessions and stuff here.

Allan Paris

I won't be down here anymore by the time you get here. There is a shit load of players that play DOA in GA. I have came across quite a few. The thing is that, most of them are in cities that are a little bit far away from ATL. So you'd have to setup a spot that you both can go to.

I'll get in touch with some of the players that I know of and get them in here. Hopefully they can come to surface and the scene grows down here.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I go here very often...

http://www.gxgaming.com/

It's located in Lithonia. When DOA5 drops there will be heavy emphasis on this fighter in particular on Rampage Wednesdays (which is the day we usually go nuts with fighters every week).

I don't know if I'll still be in GA on the fall of 2013, but I'll keep you posted if I actually decide to move to, say, Maryland a year down the road.

crepuscule2012

Was I living under a rock? I never heard of this place? And I live in Gwinnett county... I need to check this place out when DOA5 comes out!

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I stay in Jonesboro, glad to see a few players in the A. Awesmic, I'll be hitting gxgaming up for sure.
Speaking of Jonesboro, I have recently settled at Lake Jodeco, which is in that area. My sister and I have gone separate ways, so I got a little more freedom as far as transportation goes (taking her to her college every other day was a pain and a half, and it sucks even more that I can't share her PS3 anymore).

Anyway, if you need a ride to the GX one of these days after Anime Weekend Atlanta, let me know something on a PM a week or two in advance.

Allan Paris

I'm in Jonesboro and Atlanta, for the next several months at least. Whoever is down here and would like to play with me better get it when they can. Once I leave I'll be gone unti Final Round next year.

RhythmikDesigns

Speaking of Jonesboro, I have recently settled at Lake Jodeco, which is in that area. My sister and I have gone separate ways, so I got a little more freedom as far as transportation goes (taking her to her college every other day was a pain and a half, and it sucks even more that I can't share her PS3 anymore).

Anyway, if you need a ride to the GX one of these days after Anime Weekend Atlanta, let me know something on a PM a week or two in advance.

Cool beans

I'm in Jonesboro and Atlanta, for the next several months at least. Whoever is down here and would like to play with me better get when they can. Once I leave I'll be gone until Final Round next year.

Good to know, I'll definitely hit you up.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Ok, so even though I'm living up in Boston at the moment, there's a slight chance I may be relocating to Atlanta for work in the fall of 2013. I know it's a ways off, but I'm still a bit curious as to what the DOA scene is like down here. I know ATL has a pretty big FGC, so I was wondering if any of our Atlanta brethren could shed some light on how strong the DOA community is.

Also, this is a matchmaking thread, so you guys can totally go nuts and setup offline sessions and stuff here.
I'm not from the ATL, but live only like 2 or 3 hours away. I'm from Tennessee and the closest city that I live near is Chattanooga. I been looking to be in the competitive fighting scene as well!

Allan Paris

Thanks man! I'll mark it down. If school don't cut in the way & if I don't have to go to any school concerts around that time, I'll do my best to get there!

Great. I look forward to meeting you, a new face in the community. Hopefully you can make it out.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Great. I look forward to meeting you, a new face in the community. Hopefully you can make it out.
Gotta start off a scene in TN man. I hope so too. Plus meeting one of dopest DOA Players I ever known too? I have to man

7thfonon

Anyone on the east coast area of GA? I know it's probably a pointless question because no one ever plays FG's in this area here, but might as well ask. lol. I'll probably just be driving to Florida to get all my competition as per usual.

Allan Paris

Anyone on the east coast area of GA? I know it's probably a pointless question because no one ever plays FG's in this area here, but might as well ask. lol. I'll probably just be driving to Florida to get all my competition as per usual.

I'll be hosting this in November: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/nov-17-2012-georgias-fight-club-jonesboro-ga.1211/
I hope you can stop by and play.

They're people all over GA that plays this game. As for the players that I know of they are either up north, mid atl, to south GA

7thfonon

I would go, but Jonesboro / ATL area is about 4 hours 30 minutes from me. :(

Jacksonville FL is only 2 hours away from me, which is why I go there to play games. Otherwise I would love to play some people in Georgia, especially since I got some friends who live in GA that I met from tournaments/majors in the past.

But if you know of some players near the south/eastern area of GA who meet up at offline events that would be great.

Allan Paris

Yeah a 2hr drive is better than 4. I'll let you know if I come across some players in those areas. I'll only be down here for a few more months. So I hopefully I'll have something to tell you.

7thfonon

Yeah a 2hr drive is better than 4. I'll let you know if I come across some players in those areas. I'll only be down here for a few more months. So I hopefully I'll have something to tell you.

Thanks. I'm also only here only for a short time as well. I moved to GA near the beginning of the year, and gonna be moving back to NC this november. Hope to at least get some games here before i leave.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD