[Aug 25, 2012] GVN Summer Jam VI - Aug 25 & 26 - Philly,PA (Philadelphia, PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnD34D

That's awesome. I haven't seen Shade Swifteye since like DOA2U, and he was a beast back then too. Is he using Kasumi? Also, no one else thinks its funny that Lopedo put out Black Mamba? Who is largely considered one of the top four DOA players, while Lopedo was often ostracised for being an online player?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I thought we were going to be able to see top 16?

I don't know who said that. I was always told that top 8 would be streamed. I'll look into getting some casual matches streamed as well. Keep in mind this event is running three HD streams of 12 different games. If anyone wanted to see all the matches for themselves or check out the newest build, they could have arrived themselves ;).

The top 8 will be streamed on 8WayRun in around 2 - 2.5 hours (after King of Fighters).

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Seriously, that Kasumi just stood idle for a while and then FULLY charged a PB. Even in sit-down stun the Lisa had the advantage.
No, that Kasumi was in recovery from the attack that led to the sit-down stun.

dathighleveldoa5play.gif

27" 65 - Kasumi's kick hits and puts Lisa in a sit-down stun
27" 20 - Kasumi finally recovers and is at neutral
27" 14 - Kasumi starts charging her power-blow
26" 90 - Lisa's hold instantly recovers her
26" 74 - Kasumi's power-blow is just barely visibly charged, I'm talking just a few pixels here
26" 69 - Kasumi's power-blow is actually visibly charged
26" 32 - Lisa holds AGAIN

Kasumi just stood idle for FOUR frames while Lisa managed to hold and recover before Kasumi's power-blow was even ready. The reason H2O held the power-blow for so long was because he saw the hold and was trying to catch Lisa on the recovery frames. It doesn't change the fact that even if he hadn't hesitated for those FOUR frames, he would have still gotten held.

Looks like he had to wait sevral frames before he could hold from sitdown stun.
Which I stated in my post, however I'm arguing that the entirety of the stun should not be hold-able and the same goes for guard breaks, guard crushes and the other "un-hold-able" stuns.

To be fair though, H2O was late and messed up a ton of things with Kasumi. Even in that gif image, Kasumi just sits there for a second before even doing the charge and then charges it EVEN longer :/
He hesitated for four frames.

I got up, went in the kitchen, made a sandwich and he was still charging the PB.
It looks like Lisa had 43 frames before she could hold, of course Kasumi had to recover from her move first and then perform an attack. In reality, she only had a 16 frame window where she could have gotten a guaranteed hit. Show me a power-blow that charges, releases and is active in less than 16 frames.

Dude that gif is messed up. No holding out of stun. No one said anything about holding while in half crouch transition. Totally skipped the animations. It's not about Kasumi being late on her follow ups. This gif needs to be sent to TN though for sure. It shows exactly what the bitching has been about.
Exactly! How many people are going to see that happen while they're playing and call DOA "bullshit" and never play it again? Besides being poor for balance, it just looks awkward that all those frames of animation were skipped.

DR2K

I don't know who said that. I was always told that top 8 would be streamed. I'll look into getting some casual matches streamed as well. Keep in mind this event is running three HD streams of 12 different games. If anyone wanted to see all the matches for themselves or check out the newest build, they could have arrived themselves ;).

The top 8 will be streamed on 8WayRun in around 2 - 2.5 hours (after King of Fighters).

I heard it last night on the stream. Either way sounds good.

Which I stated in my post, however I'm arguing that the entirety of the stun should not be hold-able and the same goes for guard breaks, guard crushes and the other "un-hold-able" stuns.

Well you get guaranteed launchers off of it if you have 16 frames before it becomes holdable. So it becomes the players choice in which game he wants to play. Guess and get more damage or guarantee less damage and in that scenerio win the round.

Ooobe

I didn't think that the PB needed to be fully charged.
I think it looks like H2O could have punished that grab between 26:70 and 26:40

Keylay

I didn't think that the PB needed to be fully charged.
I think it looks like H2O could have punished that grab between 26:70 and 26:40

It doesn't need to be fully charged but it needs some charge. H20 saw Rabies hold and was trying to hit Rabies during his recovery frames. The problem is that the recovery frames of the hold are very small. If someone just spams mid punch hold over and over again, it's not easy to hit them with a mid punch during their recovery. Doing it with a PB is even harder.

Chris Harris

This top 8 is making me really fearful of the out come . . . .

Also at the lil gif you made trying to explain something Grap3

1. Evil did the sit down stun. . .good job!
2. He actually took a step forward before starting the PB (mistake 1)
3. He saw the hold and didn't simply let go. Him going for a PB meant he was at least baiting a hold (not really a mistake but just lack of nerves)
4. He should have just hit him with a CB instead of even charging the PB to begin with (mistake 3 and biggest problem)

So in general even IF Rabies spammed hold the OPTION to bypass that entire scenario was in Evil's hands but he pulled random out. So he gambled and lost on his own nerves/reflexes.

Allan Paris

If Eliot stays as is he is top tier, hands down. Rabies is causing more damage than I am with him. The i9 punch is crazy, I did use it often off stream. Some players don't know how to handle it. Shit handling Eliot period is difficult. He is linear but once he starts on you its hard to get him off. Missing holds and getting parried by him is THE THING THAT NO ONE WANTS TO DO!

Eliot is very good, I like him.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
H2O Evil Posting:

Grape youre dumb.. that is all

As i said to Rabies.. love making him sweat! it was an awesome match.. he deff got the best of me with lisa.. but the game isnt even a complete build and weve only had maybe a day or two to really sit down and think about it.. I can tell you this.. after that match i went into casuals for a couple hours and learned what was safe and how to get more damage with Kasumi.. that match was good dont get me wrong.. but you all have to remember its build version 0.95.. Its not even completed.. so anything could change for all we know..

And Ninja is right i held it longer because i saw the first counter.. so i tried getting inbetween the recovery frames.. but sadly didnt get it.. What i should have did was side step out of the PB and 7P+K dash up and punched him into a sit down stun again.. but like chris said.. Nerves and reflexes got in the way..

Overall a great match.. I cant wait to get my hands on the final game and go into the lab with kasumi.. she is a really fun mix up character and has potential to be a big threat in this game..

But we shall see in the final build.. its great already to have a great match on record to go back and look at.. esp against a good player like rabies.

DontForkWitMe

If Eliot stays as is he is top tier, hands down. Rabies is causing more damage than I am with him. The i9 punch is crazy, I did use it often off stream. Some players don't know how to handle it. Shit handling Eliot period is difficult. He is linear but once he starts on you its hard to get him off. Missing holds and getting parried by him is THE THING THAT NO ONE WANTS TO DO!

Eliot is very good, I like him.

513992.gif

TRI Mike

I just get a little grumpy to the fact that some of you guys want enough time to go to the kitchen, make dinner, eat it, shit it, take a nap, wake up and still get guaranteed shit after every stun. That gif is a terrible proof that the stun system is bad because Kasumi made like 5 mistakes in there.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, there are actually two kinds of sit-down stuns, one allows to hold out of it after a few frames while the other is completely unholdable, both can be SE out of though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD