DOA5LR Ayane Combo Discussion

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I also got 3H+K BT 4P BT 4PK to connect (most damaging 1 so far). 4P~K still has more potential for better damage though. Plus the time is pretty strict. It does 53 nh, 67 ch (whole entire setup). 4P 7K after that does 48 NH 60 CH. Same for 4P~K. It did the wall slam with it but haven't got them to bounce off of it yet.

Ayane

ive only tested on Hitomi. Also the power launcher 44P+K>44P+K>8KK>PP4PP7K does 112 dmg raw whereas the one in the OP does 104 I think, but it says 140 O.O

EDIT: Just tested the 3H+K combo on Bayman; it still works!

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
ive only tested on Hitomi. Also the power launcher 44P+K>44P+K>8KK>PP4PP7K does 112 dmg raw whereas the one in the OP does 104 I think, but it says 140 O.O

What I listed in the Power Launcher section was after a Critical Burst. I'll re-edit that so it doesn't cause further confusion.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor

EDIT: Just tested the 3H+K combo on Bayman; it still works!

Excellent! Could you test it on Hayabusa (mid weight) and Helena (cruiser)?

EDIT: That will not be necessary since it hit confims on a lightweight and a heavyweight. Already safe to say that it's universal. I've gone ahead and added the combo to the OP.

Good stuff.

Last edited:

Ayane

Also btw that 112 dmg power launch I linked earlier doesn't work on heavy weights. Ive just been doing 44P+K>44P+K>66KK4>7K 102 dmg i think on heavies instead. It works on lights and mids for sure tho!

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Excellent! Could you test it on Hayabusa (mid weight) and Helena (cruiser)?

EDIT: That will not be necessary since it hit confims on a lightweight and a heavyweight. Already safe to say that it's universal. I've gone ahead and added the combo to the OP.

Good stuff.

Helena's actually a Middle-weight. There's only 4 weight classes now:

Heavy-weight
Middle-weight
Light-weight
Alpha-weight

This is much better because Helena being heavier than someone like Hayabusa was annoying as hell. Gen Fu has also been demoted to Middle-weight.

Female Tengu

Hm, not a single bound combo work for me. What does 66 mean? Double tapping 66? Or holding the last 6 for the roll (I already tried both variations)? How can you reach your opponent THAT fast with 66?

I would love to see some kidn of a video for the bounding.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Hm, not a single bound combo work for me. What does 66 mean? Double tapping 66? Or holding the last 6 for the roll (I already tried both variations)? How can you reach your opponent THAT fast with 66?

I would love to see some kidn of a video for the bounding.

66 means Forward-Forward or double tap 6 like you said. Don't hold 6 or you'll get BT~666 which is Ayane's roll. I'm guessing you're seeking combos off of 3H+K? We unfortunately don't have our absolutely wonderful 3H+K~BT4K awesomeness anymore and get aggravatingly tight combo links instead. The combos listed in here are alright at the moment. I only attempt 3H+K 66~BT4K~7K or 3H+K 66~BT4P~K.

Comboing off of the bounds are a pain in the ass compared to sit-down stuns because the timing feels so darn unintuitive. It doesn't even look or feel like I'm hitting my opponent during a bound.

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I admit, I'm still in that phase of trying to do 3H+K > 66 BT6P > 66KK4 BT7K for guarantee 70+ damage like in Vanilla (only because I've not had the game to practice anything yet really, but now I have the game so I'm gonna dig deep and adjust to everything soon).

We have to accept the fact that 3H+K's combo timing is more strict than it was before, so we'll have to get used to the change. We'll get things down in that light with time and practice, I know I will. And we'll more than likely find ways to dish more maybe 60+ midscreen (or more).

For now though, the 56 on normal hit is good until further notice.

Just continue to readjust and practice, folks.

Hello folks !

I dunno if it was already noticed by some of you but let's go...

4P+K launches higher. Try 66KK4 > BT PP > 4P+K then *relaunch* with BT 4K !! OMG XD

Just for the lol : 66KK4 > BT PP > 4P+K > BT 4K > BT 6P > 4PK for 96 dmg neutral (tested on Ayane vs Ayane)

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Yeah I found out that 4P+K launches higher on Day 1, was trying to figure out some other stuff but my 360 keeps red ringing on me. I'm so mad right now.

ESArion

Hmmm i've been trying to get 3 H+K 66> Free 66KK4>7K to hit but it has only worked on the desert wasteland were the leveling was off also 3H+K>66 BT H+KK also works for 40dmg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD