DOA5LR Ayane Combo Discussion

Ayane

I plan on finishing my combo list by the end of next weekend and hopefully have a video with optimal ones around the same time.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Looking forward to it.

EDIT: Decided I'm going to use numerical notation (ex: PP6PP) for the combo lay out instead of the button icons. I'll have a Legend set up to explain what each number and letter represents for people unfamiliar with the format.

Dallas1088

Hey guys, Ayane noob here :) I was in the lab and found some pretty sweet combo setups (IMO at least, haha). I apologize if these have been posted before and by no means was I trying to take anyone else's credit. I tried to focus on mixing the opponent up and guaranteed damage, hopefully they're viable (these are all on NH on a light character):

6K2K, 4K, PPPK (8 hits, 70 pts)

PK, (BT)F+K, (BT)4K, (BT)6P, PPPK (11 hits, 80 pts) The timing can be a little tricky at the end, you can sub out the 6P for a 4P, PP4PP8K finisher instead. It's easier, but does a point less damage.

PK, (BT)F+K, (BT)P, 6B+K, (BT)4K, (BT)4P, (BT)PP4PP8K (13 hits, 96 pts, Burst Combo) This was my Critical Burst variant of the above combo.

OPEN STANCE
6P+K, 4F+K, 4P+K, (BT)6P, PPPK (10 hits, 88 pts) I found that if Ayane hits an opponent with 6P+K while in Open Stance her 4F+K will cause a limbo stun, thought it was a cute trick haha

OPEN STANCE
6P+K, 4F+K, 3P, 6P+K,(BT)4K, (BT)6P, PPPK (11 hits, 106 pts, Burst Combo)

3PP,(BT)P, PK, (BT)P, 6P+K, (BT)4K, (BT)4P, (BT)PP4PP8K (14 hits, 116 pts, Burst Combo)

3PK, PK, (BT)P, 6P+K, (BT)4K, (BT)6P, PPPK (13 hits, 104 pts, Burst Combo) This is a slightly more mixed up version of the above combo, I would think more people would fall for the 3PK rather than the 3PP :)

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
To add to MeanMrMustard's 64F+P throw combo

On Mid Weights;

Midscreen - 64F+P, 4P+K, 6P, 66KK4, BT7K

By the wall or blocking object - 64F+P, 4P+K, BT4P, BTPP4P7K

Mid Weight combos can be performed on Light Weights as well if you're having trouble getting the timing down in between 8KK and BTPP4PP7K.

On Heavy Weights;

Midscreen - 64F+P, 4P+K, BTPP6KK4, BT7K

Also, ceiling combo from Advanced Mid Kick Hold;

46F, 8KK, BTPP4PP7K

91 damage (101 damage when knocked into a wall)
114 damage on Counter (119 damage when knocked into a wall)
135 on Hi Counter (145 damage when knocked into a wall)

Can be done on all weight classes.

lripthejackerl

Same combo as above - (46F, 8KK, BTPP4PP7K)

I managed to pull off 46F, 8KK, 4P, BTPP4PP7K. (Note: 4P timing takes practice)

Does 68 damage. (Attempted on Dojo stage)

MeanMrMustard

To all aspiring Ayane players: DO NOT rely on moves like 6k2k or 3pk to open up your opponent. These lows are EXTREMELY easy to block on reaction offline and is strictly an online tactic. Focus on spacing and whiff punishing as well as mixing in rush down with 66kk4. If you have a combo starter/set up that includes 6k2k or 3pk it most likely is not a very good tactic.

Dallas1088

To all aspiring Ayane players: DO NOT rely on moves like 6k2k or 3pk to open up your opponent. These lows are EXTREMELY easy to block on reaction offline and is strictly an online tactic. Focus on spacing and whiff punishing as well as mixing in rush down with 66kk4. If you have a combo starter/set up that includes 6k2k or 3pk it most likely is not a very good tactic.

While true, and I'm sure we're all appreciative of the heads up, this topic is for discussing the potential combo opportunity that arises from a variety of situations. Should you rely on some of them? No, but if you happen to land one then it's good to know what your options are :)

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
While true, and I'm sure we're all appreciative of the heads up, this topic is for discussing the potential combo opportunity that arises from a variety of situations. Should you rely on some of them? No, but if you happen to land one then it's good to know what your options are :)

That's the reason why Statix brought it up lol. Sure you might confirm the low from 6K2K or 3PK from time to time, but it definitely shouldn't be your go to options. Ayane has better options than those two strings as it is.

Dallas1088

That's the reason why Statix brought it up lol. Sure you might confirm the low from 6K2K or 3PK from time to time, but it definitely shouldn't be your go to options. Ayane has better options than those two strings as it is.

l know, we're all on the same page. Should you rely on them? No. Is it good to know your options if you happen to land one? Yes, lol. We're all helping each other here :)

OSTCarmine

managed 83 on a lightweight. Needs space though, but just enough to get 66KK.

64F+P or 64F
6PP 66KK4 4P.K

note: the 66KK4 is VERY tight on the cancel. no room for error, cancel as soon as the kick lands
also the 4P.K can also be 4P 8K or 6P 6K2K. same damage

managed 74 on bayman. same setup as above
6PP 6KK4 but end it with 8K

if space is a little tight opt for
6PP (dash) PPPK this does 68

if space is non-existent (walls all day everyday) always stick to 4P+K PP4PP8K

also, it goes without saying that all these combos apply to 6F, 64F and 64F+P

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
@Carmine: 6PP isn't guaranteed after 64F or 64F+P as 6P can be SE'd to prevent the launch to even happen at the desired launch height. It would be best to stick with 4P+K as your launch since the follow up juggle is guaranteed.

OSTCarmine

@Carmine: 6PP isn't guaranteed after 64F or 64F+P as 6P can be SE'd to prevent the launch to even happen at the desired launch height. It would be best to stick with 4P+K as your launch since the follow up juggle is guaranteed.

awww... i really liked my combo...
oh well

OSTCarmine

yo hajin, would you mind choosing a good format and posting combos in the thread starter post. That way anybody opening it can see all the combos that have been found and tested. I have been reading through the ones here but the differences in notation are messing with my head lol. any notation chosen is fine as long as its consistent throughout. I hope this is not too much work to ask for...

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I will later tonight, I can't do so at the moment since I'm in class. You'll have to wait a bit longer. :/

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I've gone ahead and began adding a few combos to the OP. I'll be updating it more thoughout the night with other combos/setups, will add damage output as well. Still kind of busy with other things, and hungry..

OSTCarmine

Starter - 6K/PP6K On Normal/Counter/Hi Counter
- 6KK - Short but simple, and guaranteed even if 6K is being SE'd.
- 6PK - Short and simple, but effective.
- 6P/6P3P - 6P further stuns opponent, 6P3P is optional but will launch on NH and in stun regardless. You can also just do 6P3 instead of 6P3P.

6PBT6K gives sit-down stun. follow it with 66KK4 7K for 77 damage. You need to dash in a bit to get 66KK4 to connect and the 6PBT6K can be SE'd

PBT4K follow with 66KK4 7K

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
6P only stuns on counter and hi counter though. But that is an option if 6P hits on counter or hi counter.

But I listed what was listed for 6K simply because 6K actually stuns on NH now. You can obviously go for further stuns from it, but it wouldn't be the most optimal thing to do because of the simple fact of how easy it can be SE'd. Even when 6K connects on NH/CH/HCH, a followup 6KK will go though regardless of 6K being SE'd. Because 6K > 6KK is fast enough to hit confirm before opponents can SE the first 6K, no matter what. And if they are SE'ing, you are still at advantage and continue on with pressure or mixing them up.

OSTCarmine

6P only stuns on counter and hi counter though. But that is an option if 6P hits on counter or hi counter.

But I listed what was listed for 6K simply because 6K actually stuns on NH now. You can obviously go for further stuns from it, but it wouldn't be the most optimal thing to do because of the simple fact of how easy it can be SE'd. Even when 6K connects on NH/CH/HCH, a followup 6KK will go though regardless of 6K being SE'd. Because 6K > 6KK is fast enough to hit confirm before opponents can SE the first 6K, no matter what. And if they are SE'ing, you are still at advantage and continue on with pressure or mixing them up.

im not really too good with reading frame data just yet. from what i saw both 6K and 6P are 13 frames. if the initial 6K is SE'd then I simply use 6PK, else the stun is good and the sitdown guarantees the follow-up

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD