Ayn Rand: Why is she so popular?

DyByHands

Because she was a communist... And that is where the GOP is heading. Sorry, that is the nicest thing I could say given the people mentioned in your topic.

Black Dragon

Touchy subjects need to be discussed the most. Clearing the air, more or less.

P.S. She wasn't a communist. In fact, her philosophy is criticised for being way too individualistic.

DyByHands

I know she wasn't a communist, just an Author. It was just a good segway into my issues with the "comeback team" of the Romneybot and Ryan ;) And, Ryan denounces that he was ever even a fan. No spine.

Ooobe

That's just incredibly way off. I believe her views are more often summarized as "I got mine and fuck you."
In other words, if you're in a bad place or someone else has more than you, that's your problem not theirs. Couldn't be less communist. :(

DyByHands

I corrected myself and said I just used that comment as a segway. No biggie. And no offense to communists or individualists or anyone.
And honestly, I don't know why I even commented on this topic. Nothing against you TC, I come here and play games to get away from politics.

Ooobe

Yeah, sorry. I think my troll detector broke for a moment. ;) Lol
It is a touchy subject and I agree that that's more reason to discuss them <sensibly if possible>, but I agree even more that this is not the place. :oops:

UnD34D

Yay, half my job is politics and then I come n to the forum to see people that have no idea what they are talking about spouting bullshit...

Ubersuntzu

Because without a social contract based on individualism any history or relationship I have with this country becomes void and at that point it's just a pile of dirt I don't care about.

Basically.

Brute

Standard Donor
Because existentialism, utilitarianism and individualism are highly logical and resonate to those with intellect.

I'm aware she calls her philosophy "objectivism," but basically it's a hybrid of the beforementioned philosophies.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD