System Bad habit or good strategy?: The “no mix-up” mix-up

Darkslay

I don't think this works in DOA. If you finish a string you're going to get countered, so mixup is a requirement. The example you used for Jann Lee is a mixup itself since he has two options after 66P.

Well in that situation what do you go for? lets have another example, if i do KK (Lee) are you going to try and hold the third K?

d3v

I don't think this works in DOA. If you finish a string you're going to get countered, so mixup is a requirement. The example you used for Jann Lee is a mixup itself since he has two options after 66P.
Actually, it works in DOA because of the counter system. Since at higher levels, people are expecting you to go for mixups, not doing a mixup can work against them.

Legendary Goken

Standard Donor
I've fallen victim to this bad habit unfortunately, most of the time it works in my favour, because a lot of players don't even know what a mix-up is. I tend to do a mix of 3 patterns and throw when I see an opening. I find it also helps if you have a strong defense. It can make people go insane fighting you, lmao.

I use have a really solid mix up and I've been trying to change it, but I'm honestly not driven with the same passion I use to have when I first became a good player ten years ago.

Crext

Standard Donor
I've fallen victim to this bad habit unfortunately, most of the time it works in my favour, because a lot of players don't even know what a mix-up is. I tend to do a mix of 3 patterns and throw when I see an opening. I find it also helps if you have a strong defense. It can make people go insane fighting you, lmao.

I use have a really solid mix up and I've been trying to change it, but I'm honestly not driven with the same passion I use to have when I first became a good player ten years ago.

Agreed. Personally I want a next gen console release, which somewhat tears on my motivation where I don't want to be stuck in the old ways (it is bound to happen).

Darkslay

It can be character dependant as , Lee himself is a character that can play offensively and defensively but he can't rely on either one, so you need to have good understanding of both defense and offense to make the character work.

Its understandable, its the way a lot of people feels, but me personally playing a fighting game for more than 5 years now (SF4) i kind of got over it, i manage to find enjoyment in it still lol.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I find not mixing up with Kasumi dangerous, because she has a lot of strings that hit in the same hit level multiple times, like :K::K::K:, and :P::K::K::K:. And if I do mix up her strings, she still has a chance of being thrown because a handful of her mix-up strings are considerably unsafe on block. So for me, it's a double edged sword when choosing one of these approaches.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD