Based on interview heres my guess for who else is returning

BXRXSXTX

In an interview that just came out it was said {edit: I was incorrect, I don't know the roster number}. This is for fun but I want to see if I can guess the remaining return characters, and I'll say a reason for each. I'll assume 3 of 20 or whatever are new characters. Obviously there could be a hidden or boss character or a few more. And this doesn't count post launch.

Tina - long running character, grapplers not revealed yet
Bass - Big guy archetype
Bayman - Another archetype they need assuming leon or new ones don't fill it
Gen-Fu - Old man archetype
Ayane - popular, part of story etc.
Christie - Distinct look, fighting style, just generally expected
Honoka - I think they will still have to add something to sell, at least to Asia, on cuteness. Could be replaced with a new one.
Brad Wong - Really Brad that few play? Well I think it would add to the fighting style diversity.

This is not what I want I'm just trying to make an accurate prediction. I like Rachel, Mila, and Lisa better than most of these.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
It's confirmed that there will be more than 20 characters at launch, but probably not more than 25.

I think the big one missing is Marie Rose. She will definitely be in probably announced alongside with Honoka. If a girl made it into Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, you can bet your ass they will be in. Kokoro is insanely popular in Japan.

DyByHands

Yeah Shimbori said that at 10 fighters, they haven’t even shown half the roster yet. So it should be 20+.
Also, I am pretty sure they have said that there are only 2 new fighters. One male and one female.
And lastly, with modern game bs, dlc is pretty much expected. So I’d pick characters people would be more willing to purchase, to be cut from base roster. Rachel or Momiji? Sure, people would probably pay extra for them. Mila or Eliot?.. Sadly, I don’t know about that one. So I’d guess them to be in the base roster. IMO. Who really knows.

prototypetom

my overly specific guess...
Ayane, Bass, Bayman, Brad, Christie, Eliot, Gen Fu, Hayate, Helena, Hitomi, Jann Lee, Kasumi, Kokoro, Liefang, Lisa, Marrie Rose, Mila, Rig, Ryu, Tina, Zack.
(21)
I think there will be 3 new characters. Diego obviously, another male and a female (military themed unless Leona from KoF is a guest)
(24)
I think Leon, Honoka, Momji, and Rachel will be DLC with another 2 new characters.
(30 by end of first year)
I think Raidou, Ein, Phase-4, Alpha and all guests are toast.

BXRXSXTX

Alive Xtreme 3, you can bet your ass they will be in

I think it's the opposite, they made it clear that "Xtreme" has it's own characters, tone, and target audience. DOA6 is going in a different direction. (not that I'm saying they won't add them, they still have to market it to a broad audience).

My guess?

Confirmed:

Kasumi
Hayate
Ryu Hayabusa
Helena
Zack
Leifang
Hitomi
Jann Lee
Diego
Rig

Very Likely:

Ayane
Eliot
Kokoro
Marie Rose
Honoka
Mila
Tina
Bass
Bayman
Christie
Brad Wong

Likely (As DLC):

Gen Fu
Nyotengu
Rachel
Momiji

Unlikely:

Ein
Leon
Raidou
Every guest character in DOA5
Alpha-152

Unknown:

Lisa/La Mariposa

That's what I think the roster for DOA6 will pan out. ;)

Last edited:

TOBMAST3R

Well my guess is, that also a strong character will be a DLC character, such as Ayane, Kokoro, Christie, Marie Rose or Tina. I can see, why some of you assume, that Rachel, Momiji or even Gen Fu could be DLC characters (story is over or don't know how to implement, cause from a different game).

But here is the thing - my guess is, that the following "new" DLC characters to DOA5 ( Marie Rose, Honoka, Nyotengu, Rachel, Momiji) could be in the main roster, to let them shine for the very first time story-wise. Well, in the end, I don't wanna have Rachel and Momiji behind a paywall. So, I love the theory, that IF they are, new characters will also hit the scene.

By the way - THIS TIME, all new characters need a story. DOA5 was not a good example how to welcome a new character to a fighting game series.

Last edited:

BXRXSXTX

I don't think think Ninja Gaiden guest chars (Momiji etc) will be at launch or early release because I don't think the story will involve them. I don't think it will involve Marie Rose either, and she doesn't fit the initial marketing of the game as "serious". The only reason I think Honoka might be in the story is there is some unexplained lore there about her power and they could refine her into a meaningful character with a backstory. Having a "power" is at least a plausible explanation as to why she can kick someones ass, but they would have to be more clear about it. Then again it was just to make an addon character that had other people's moves, a classic cheap add on method in fighting games.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Tbh I don't see why everyone is worrying, I think they'll be able to include everyone since they no longer have guest characters or the VFs to bog them down. I feel like everyone will make it, in DOA5 the only characters who didn't make it in were Ein and Leon due to time restraints, trust and believe that if the VFs were not a thing in DOA5 they would have been in from the get go. If Ryu is in then there's no doubt in my mind that Momiji and Rachel will be in unless they're treated like guests(which shouldn't be the case since TN has alot of freedom with them)

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I don't think think Ninja Gaiden guest chars (Momiji etc) will be at launch or early release because I don't think the story will involve them. I don't think it will involve Marie Rose either, and she doesn't fit the initial marketing of the game as "serious". The only reason I think Honoka might be in the story is there is some unexplained lore there about her power and they could refine her into a meaningful character with a backstory. Having a "power" is at least a plausible explanation as to why she can kick someones ass, but they would have to be more clear about it. Then again it was just to make an addon character that had other people's moves, a classic cheap add on method in fighting games.

But if it's being advertised as "esport" title why would the story even matter? From an "esport" perspective Rachel should be in right away and Honoka should be hung from the neck 'til dead.

prototypetom

agree with @deathofaninja . you don't make a fighter with a roster based on a story, you make a story based on the roster - it's no coincidence fighting games generally have such cockamamie storylines. And i think that would hold true regardless of the esports pitch they're making. has anyone in the fighting game world said "I'm not playing x because the story's a bit ropey"... ever?

Reactions: d3v
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD