DOA5 Bass General Discussion and Why He's So Damn Strong

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
^^^ Just added a few notes to

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the most damaging option after HC superlauncher facing a wall is to go straight to the air-throw (:426:::h::+::P:** > :2::3::6::9::8::h::+::P: > :426::h::+::P: > :h::+::P:). It probably has something to do with damage scaling where the first throw is at 150% and the air-throw is at something like 120%, so it ends up doing more damage than :426::h::+::P:** > :2::3::6::9::8::h::+::P: > :6::K: > :426::h::+::P: > :h::+::P: because the :6::K: changes the scaling slightly.

Long story short; On HC, I think you do more damage by doing :426::h::+::P:** > :2::3::6::9::8::h::+::P: > :426::h::+::P: > :h::+::P: for slightly more damage. Awkward to time, but looks pretty cool.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Well, I haven't tested pure :426::H+P::5::H+P: but I can tell you the alternate juggles:

... :6::P::K: > :H+P:
... :8::K: > :3::P: > :H+P:

Raansu

Well, I haven't tested pure :426::H+P::5::H+P: but I can tell you the alternate juggles:

... :6::P::K: > :H+P:
... :8::K: > :3::P: > :H+P:

I've been doing :9::P::K: > :H+P: since it doesn't wall splat like :6::P::K: and :8::K: does and when near a wall Bass seems to most of the time find a way to toss you into the wall lol.

On normal it does 106 and on HC 143 which are both 1 point less damage and if the throw goes into the wall it does 111 on normal and 148 on HC.

dont know if anyone found this out, but i found that on stages with ceilings and furniture you can get combos over 250 dmg.

Super launcher throw facing an object 41236F+P - 2369F+P When they are getting up you put them at max threshhold with 3p 66k OR 66k and they cant counter the second way, when they hit the furniture they will do a hard bounce on the ground, not the crawling stun from the floor. 7k Launch them from there and its the highest ive ever gotten that kick to launch. from there its up to you but the launches i found, and i experimented with it a ton on home and temple

Super Launch 3p 66k BT 7k 3p 3p 3p 6kp Does a force tech

Super Launch 3p 66k 3p 3p BT 7k AT 41236F+P - F+P << this one is interesting becuase if thrown on Home it will break a wall and floor bounce again, at certain distances ive followed it up with 6F+K for 263ish dmg, and i think you might get a pick up, if not then a force tech. Since it wall breaks, on Temple on the pottery facing the window in the corner, Ive finished with breaking out to the courtyard ending in a combo at 292 dmg, i did it twice then it wouldnt count the dmg when initally hitting the window again, not sure why but its almost a full lifebar combo.

Super Launch 3p 66k 7k 3p 3p ppp 2F+P Free Pick up

Super Launch 3p 66k 7k 6pk AT41236F+P F+P

and there were more but this is what was worth listing, the best place to practice/Test this out is on the home map in the first room, line yourself up with the breakable table facing the wall, and do your super launch

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Finally got onto FSD and updated the OP. Things should be fairly up to date now.

Also, I don't know if this is a bug or not, but SS :h::+::P: doesn't seem to come when you cancel a PB into SS. SS :P: and SS :K: are still there, but not the grab.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Finally got onto FSD and updated the OP. Things should be fairly up to date now.

Also, I don't know if this is a bug or not, but SS :h::+::P: doesn't seem to come when you cancel a PB into SS. SS :P: and SS :K: are still there, but not the grab.

I don't even put much faith in the H+P option anyways, and I don't even use fake PBs anyways.

Though it might be interesting to do pickup :7::P+K::8::8::K:...

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Can't say I ever use the SS grab option either. To be honest, I don't really know when to use it except for punishing linear moves that would be either safe or plus on block.

I think fake PBs are overlooked. I suppose fake PB after pick-up would probably make it seem like you just cancelled his OH into SS.

Man, I miss Bass' pick-ups after a juggle. I guess we really do have to go for max damage now.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Can't say I ever use the SS grab option either. To be honest, I don't really know when to use it except for punishing linear moves that would be either safe or plus on block.

I think fake PBs are overlooked. I suppose fake PB after pick-up would probably make it seem like you just cancelled his OH into SS.

Man, I miss Bass' pick-ups after a juggle. I guess we really do have to go for max damage now.

Made some edits to the OP.

added in the icons for :268: and :4862: smilies where I saw applicable. Please use those in the future as it's easier to read.

Also

UncleKitchener said:
  • :6::6::K:
    A good kick that has Clean Hit properties and +3 on block, so it's safe to use and has good range too. This can also be his While Running :K: move. Leaves you in back-turned position.​

I thought it was -5 in v1.02? Did it change to +3 in v1.03? If so, it's a better option now for the i10 BT H+P which would effectively make it i7 BT H+P whooo boy. I just don't expect it to be +3.[/list]

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Thanks, dude. Kinda forgot about those.

I swear :6::6::K:'s been +3 since like ver 0.98. That kick's always been safe.

edit: Changed this week's theme to the awesome WCW Outsiders theme tune:
You guys probably never click that 'listen to while reading' link, but that's okay.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD