DOA5LR Battle Royal 2015

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
The international tournament takes place before NEC XVI.

The 2 players from the US are qualified by Community Vote, however anyone is able to attend the Festival tournament.

I saw this too after I saw the english link. This "International Tournament" was briefly mentioned to me at D-1 Ultimate Climax Blade, but no one knew anything about any details, and the only question I cared about asking was "when?" and they told me sometime late this year or next year.

What makes me mad is that every other tournament was hella in advance and this one pops up within 2 months and a couple weeks after I leave Japan? That's annoying. Though I'm pretty sure the plan was to try and rush it in so NEC XVI could be like the grandest, most badass DOA tournament to have ever happened in DOA history, with guaranteed winners/top players from all parts of the world. At least this means there's going to be a high chance of Japanese showing up. I hope Katsuninken and Flack enter, because apparently Katsuninken had better things to do than win DOA tournaments at D-1. He didn't even enter any of the previous qualifiers. Maybe this will be big enough.

Last edited:

kfad

Damn I don't think I can make it out to any T_T eh oh well hope everyone has a great time and good luck! :D

DyByHands

Bumped for some info. Pardon my small wall of text. Didnt really know where to ask these questions.

As I grow older I am also growing more tired of still being a fighting game tournament virgin. And I am set on changing this. So, looking at the picture in the OP, I'd say the best option for a broke guy in the midwest would be NEC in Pennsylvania (yeah, TFC in NC would probably be the same distance, but I need more time to save some money, and NEC is in December). However I wonder, since NEC is like the top one, will it be more expensive?

And when does info like registration fees and such, normally become available?

I figured if I start planning now, there is no reason I couldn't make it. I don't play online and only play with a few people here and there. Sure to get bodied by any advanced players. But, as a long time fan, I just want to be in that enviroment with the DOA community and fans.
Thanks for any info :cool:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Bumped for some info. Pardon my small wall of text. Didnt really know where to ask these questions.

As I grow older I am also growing more tired of still being a fighting game tournament virgin. And I am set on changing this. So, looking at the picture in the OP, I'd say the best option for a broke guy in the midwest would be NEC in Pennsylvania (yeah, TFC in NC would probably be the same distance, but I need more time to save some money, and NEC is in December). However I wonder, since NEC is like the top one, will it be more expensive?

And when does info like registration fees and such, normally become available?

I figured if I start planning now, there is no reason I couldn't make it. I don't play online and only play with a few people here and there. Sure to get bodied by any advanced players. But, as a long time fan, I just want to be in that enviroment with the DOA community and fans.
Thanks for any info :cool:

NEC shouldn't be more expensive because it's the grand finals.
Plan for $60-75 for registration fees and such.
Pre-registration tends to happen one or two months before the event, most likely after The Fall Classic happens.

Tenren

Hey guys SCR preregistration end next weekend with SCR taking place the weekend after. Please pre-reg or let us know if your coming in to sign up the day of. Also Cali crush is the weekend after that so sign up

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD