DOA5LR Begin to Master Mai Shiranui

Mai has been officially released for play with Last Round and people have already begun to take her to the lab; figuring out her tech and mastering her combos. If you are unfamiliar with this iconic fighter, allow @DestructionBomb to give you a demonstration of perhaps one of the most beautiful move sets I have ever seen in a 3D Fighter via the combo and command training:

Another educational and recommended source is viewing the Twitch Channel of professional player @EMPEROR_COW. He says that the character is fast, and has viable range -- but like most every other character, Mai is not without flaws and weaknesses. Check his channel out if you want over five hours of Day 1 content.

FreeStepDodge has you covered on a discussion topic, plus a growing combo thread... you can also easily submit your best matches and lab work discoveries to the FSD Media Section which now has over 7,000 videos dedicated to DOA5 posted from members of the community. Good luck figuring out the new character fighters!

Last edited:
OK Guys here you go ..
I re-did the Mai breakdown yesterday and I covered a lot of areas..
from BnBs, Max DMG, Stage followups, crushes, PL combos, option selects..
the stream was really long but I highlighted the most important 1:30-45 hours of it, basically when BBoy jumped in and I did a recap..lol .. (rest of the stream was more or less me doing trial and errors and was just quiet .. but if ur interested in that i could showcase that too)
https://www.twitch.tv/emperorcow/v/89448797

if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask .. hope you enjoy :)

shoutouts to @Rubedo and @BBoyDragon for keeping the stream alive and commenting as i go .. ^^

EDIT: fixed archive link

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD