Brad notepad

Patrick Wimmer

Standard Donor
Normal hit CB-setup combos.
:4::P::P: :6::P+K: :K: :6::6::P: CB-setup combo (66DMG)
:3_::P: :8::K::4: :4_::K: :6::6::P: CB-setup combo (59DMG)
:4::K: :H+K::K: :P::P: :6::6::P: Cb-setup combo (70DMG)

More to come, hopefully soon.

HoodsXx

:4::P::P: :6::P+K: :K: :6::6::P: CB-setup combo (66DMas t G)
:3_::P: :8::K::4: :4_::K: :6::6::P: CB-setup combo (59DMG)
:4::K: :H+K::K: :P::P: :6::6::P: Cb-setup combo (70DMG)

More to come, hopefully soon.
Just to let you know that the first combo doesnt work as it can be slow escaped and held. Other than that the other two work fine.

Tones

Premium Donor
That last one is a good one.

I did a bit of an over hall. Let me know if things don't make sense.

Patrick Wimmer

Standard Donor
(Normal stance):P+K: :4::P::P: :6::6::P: 59DMG, sit-down stun.
(Back turned) :6::P+K: :4::P::P: :6::6::P: 61DMG, sit-down stun.
(Normal stance) :P::6::P::P: :2::K::P: :8::P: :6::6::P: 57DMG

Please let me know if these don't work. :bradwong:

HoodsXx

(Normal stance):P+K: :4::P::P: :6::6::P: 59DMG, sit-down stun.
(Back turned) :6::P+K: :4::P::P: :6::6::P: 61DMG, sit-down stun.
(Normal stance) :P::6::P::P: :2::K::P: :8::P: :6::6::P: 57DMG

Please let me know if these don't work. :bradwong:

Sadly he doesnt get any of those CBs off with those setups. If you're trying out setups of ypur own. My suggestiln os to set the computer in training mode on fastest slow escape and try to see if the setup works. So you know, Brad's 66P is 20i comes out in 2 active frames. Off of the BT 4PP setup the best thing he can do from there is get a guaranteed launch with 214P, and if you are close enough and havent pushed the stun threshold so much you can get off 3K as well and mix up from there while in Crane stance. With the last setup because the stun is pretty light even on NH/CH/HCH unless they're in crouching, he wouldn't be able to get off 66P as they could slow escape the stun and then block the CB and punish you with a throw or hold the CB.

Patrick Wimmer

Standard Donor
Sadly he doesnt get any of those CBs off with those setups. If you're trying out setups of ypur own. My suggestiln os to set the computer in training mode on fastest slow escape and try to see if the setup works. So you know, Brad's 66P is 20i comes out in 2 active frames. Off of the BT 4PP setup the best thing he can do from there is get a guaranteed launch with 214P, and if you are close enough and havent pushed the stun threshold so much you can get off 3K as well and mix up from there while in Crane stance. With the last setup because the stun is pretty light even on NH/CH/HCH unless they're in crouching, he wouldn't be able to get off 66P as they could slow escape the stun and then block the CB and punish you with a throw or hold the CB.
I see, i will change to recovery to fastest and see if i can come up with something else then. Thanks for the heads up :)

Oh and anouther thing. Did any of you know that if Brad is in his lying stance(head towards the opponent) if you press :h: when the opponent does a low strike it acts like a little sabaki :)I accidently did it during an online match and i was very surprised.

HoodsXx

Yeah that sabaki helps him a lot since it stops a lot of lows which usually destroys his offense when you're in LHT.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Not really...

I have been lately putting most of my effort training for improving my neutral game. Also I have been renewing my stun game because all my offline friends know my mix ups very well thus I have been helding too much...

I have been looking for more choices for oki game too with a little success. For example I hadn't realized that 3kpp juggles uses to set up (66*) 9p over-foe jump. This often means best juggle damage + nice oki choice.

The most interesting tech I have recently realized is 6k causes a hard knock down on spinning air launch, which guarantees a forced tech. For example: 3kp pk 6k 33k. The 33k is guaranteed (I don't remember the weight class for it) which also grants some frame advantage. However it doesn't seem to worth it because more damage can be inflicted with other juggles (such as that 3kpp + over-foe jump oki choice...).

I also hadn't noticed [3]*p[p] now causes +3 guard break on full charge. I don't know in which patch was this -micro- buff introduced... I just remember it just doing an absurd +1 considering it requires a whole second charge...

Last edited:

HoodsXx

Uhm. In terms of tech I'll explain his laydown in greater detail. So as you all know, Brad is a stance character, and a few of his setups are also stance dependant on them working or not (which is frankly dumb....) But anyways, to add onto that, laydown is another type of stance that's stance dependant. (Yes a stance within a stance...) Anyways lol. How his laydown works if you want to understand why he can be so evasive at times, and at other times not while in laydown is really because of what stance you're in whilist in laydown. That being Open-stance or Closed-stance. Here's an example. Let's say we're playing the spacing game during neutral and I decide to bait Ayane into doing a move and I do PP2K2. If I'm in Open stance, and she does for instance 3PP, her first 3P will whiff. Now I know most of you are all like, but what about the second P that usually scoops Brad up? The awesome thing about this whiff is that she's actually at an absurd amount of disadvantage when she whiffs with the first 3P, so you can actually OH her out of the second P and get your damage in. The only problem with that is if she decides to do 3P2K then from there you have the problem of having to guess and use LFT K which will beat out 3P2K and give you a nice juggle to work with. The main issue though is that now you've dissected 3PP and 3P2K but it's now a 50/50 as per usual with most of his shit... Good news though, this works against more of the casts moves as well and some of them don't force you into 50/50 situations. (Woot!) Here's an example from Ayane again. Let's say I now do 2H+K in Closed stance and Ayane goes for 6PP, 6P will whiff and you can choose to do his OH OR his LFT K with his LFT K being better damage on Alpha weight > Middle/Cruiser weight. While against someone like Rachel or Leon / Bass you'll want to do his OH for more damage. Anyways, that's what I've found with Brad. Feel free to look more into it, and delve into the cast more to see what you can use so his evasive properties can be used to it's fullest.

PS: You'll have to a) figure out what moves changes your stances as well as be able to tell on hand what stance you are in when committing to this type of tech, it's very hard but very rewarding. So I'd say it's high risk high reward imo. It's not "needed" in order for you to be good with Brad, but it definitely could level up your game more reactionary wise as you're having to look more closely at what you and your opponent is doing in the heat of battle.

PSS: Enjoy the new tech! (Or Old Tech).

Tones

Premium Donor
@HoodsXx Good shit, so entering LFT is randomly slightly safer. Keep in mind entering LHT crushes a lot of mids while your during the last portion of the frames. On the defensive end, you could enter LHT after blocking say a jab or string as a high crush and a late soft mid crush and throw.

Entering laying up close and throwing always works well for me.

You can also enter LFT while in mid range while they are trying to transition (via attack or dash or run) into close range to fuck with spacing and rhythm. Whether you throw, launch or roll forward/back is up to you and depends on what they did.

@Tulkas is (3.p)p low or high throw interruptible?

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Not really...
The most interesting tech I have recently realized is 6k causes a hard knock down on spinning air launch, which guarantees a forced tech. For example: 3kp pk 6k 33k. The 33k is guaranteed (I don't remember the weight class for it) which also grants some frame advantage. However it doesn't seem to worth it because more damage can be inflicted with other juggles (such as that 3kpp + over-foe jump oki choice...).

I had opportunity to do a bit more testing in lab. I found sacrificing juggle damage for getting this forced tech seems to worth it on exploding floor stage. I hope to fully test it in a month.

HoodsXx

So I found an Unholdable setup for Brad I forgot to mention it to you guys wayyy earlier. Found it before SJ8 thought I'd post it here. But when you do his 8K in critical 2 threshold or use 8K twice for the knock down and go into crane stance. DHO 2KT is guaranteed and can't be hekd or stepped no matter which way they tech it'll always land. He has some wall setups too I'll go over and give them to you guys later on this week.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD