Brad notepad

HoodsXx

As to why Brad's not low tier? His speed may suck, but his crushes are outstanding. A lot of his moves are mid and high crushes. His low crushes are significant enough. Plus with wake up kicks, he can crush mid wake ups with either his lay down stance, then punish with his OH, or you can time his 6H+K to dodge mid wake ups as well. His 236P or running P, can also dodge wake ups which is pretty boss imo. For low wake up kicks, he has 6H+K, 8H+K, and just 7P. The thing that's really awesome that you're able to do with him though is that if you're about 1-2 spaces away from your opponent and do H+K, 2H+K you can proceed to do 9P which is his front flip move, and you can use it like Kasumi's 9P+K to jump over your opponent while they are on the ground, and when they do a wake up kick they wake up on the opposite side of you, putting them in BT (Back turn) status. Which is awesome. Since Brad can then punish with P+K, since he's also in back turn. And even if you don't space correctly, you can still back dash after the 9P and make them whiff their wake up kick, putting you letting you punish again. Plus his mix up game is one of the best as well.

Tones

Premium Donor
Updated.

He does rely on crushes but that's all his got close up that doesn't involved getting hit. 214p is only worth it at mid distance. If you think or know otherwise, let me know .

He's not reliable against wake up kicks, other characters have options which are a lot easier to set the situation where it will land (relying on a 50/50 isn't that great, and while running and 236p is very situational). I'm thinking it's best to get hit out of 6k+f or just sit around in a stance to bait and counter.

Yeah, 9p to flip over them might be okay, haven't had a chance to use it though.

HiguraShiki

Yea from my time with Brad, he plays best as a whiff punisher, spacer, stance transition character.
He's actually better than I thought he would be personally, his worst matchups seem to be characters with lots of fast true mids (Hitomi) which he cannot crush.

Tones

Premium Donor
His mid-long distance and run in game is much better than Hitomi's so I try to put them at range.

Tones

Premium Donor
It's the same as every other frame advantage situation (Hitomi has a few of them). Your options are to crush, sidestep, or block.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
4p+f is +11 and it takes 4 frames to turn around blocking (3k hits but not 6p). They are put at quite the range, 3k hits but not the follow up p. 3k4 p can hit if they don't slow escape. May be more useful when you get them so their back is on the wall. 4p+f. LHT 6 p+f is the same throw.
3k is guaranteed, the k follow up has enough range to hit and launch but can be countered. p+f is also guaranteed after the throw, which gives you +8 and you can follow that up with 6p+f, which can only be crushed or attacked out of... That means from the 12 frame throw you have deal either 40+58=98 (p+f 6p+f), 40+137 (p+f 6p assuming you land a full CB power blow) 30+14+26 (3kk 6pp4k..juggle may vary)... Remember that they can only crush/attack out of the second throw.
So the whole mix up: 4p+f p+f 6p+f is breakable, isn´t? I´ve always have gotten the 2th throw (p+f) but not the 3th one (6p+f)...

HoodsXx

It will take me an EXTREMELY long time to write all of this out. But, if I can I'll make a video. I found some new dirty tech for all your Brad Wong players. I can say this, he's definitely high tier and definitely on par with Helena. Once I bring this out, make it flourish in the offline scene. And rep that Brad Wong. I'll update you all after TFC. :)

Tulkas

Premium Donor
It will take me an EXTREMELY long time to write all of this out. But, if I can I'll make a video. I found some new dirty tech for all your Brad Wong players. I can say this, he's definitely high tier and definitely on par with Helena. Once I bring this out, make it flourish in the offline scene. And rep that Brad Wong. I'll update you all after TFC. :)
Please give us some in advance! What moves cause the thech... I can't wait!:confused:

Seppu

moves that are safe on block:
  • :P:
  • :P::P::6::K: (gb)
  • :2::P:
  • :3_::P::[P]: (gb)
  • :6::4::P:(((:4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):K::K: (gb)
  • :4::6::P:(((:4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):K::K: (gb)
  • :K::K:(:4:)
  • :7::K::K:
  • :3::K::6::K:(:2_:) (gb)
  • :2::K::K: (gb)
  • :6::P+K:
  • :214::P+K::P::6::K: (gb)
  • :H+K:(:K:):P:
  • :6::H+K:
  • :2::H+K::K: (gb)
  • bt :P:
  • bt :K: (gb)
  • bt :6::K::6_::K:
  • bt :6::P+K:
  • lft :P:
  • lft :h::5::K:
  • lht :P:
  • lht :K::8:
  • dho :P:
  • rhs :H+K:(:K:):P:
moves that can only be punished by grapplers on block, otherwise safe:
  • :P::P::6::K::2_: (gb)
  • :6::P::P:
  • :6::4::P:(((:4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):K::K::2_: (gb)
  • :4::6::P:(((:4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):K::K::2_: (gb)
  • :6::4::P:(((:4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):K::P:
  • :4::6::P:(((:4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):K::P:
  • :2::K::P:
  • :P+K:
  • :214::P+K::P::6::K::2_: (gb)
  • :H+K:((:K:):K:)
  • while running :P: (gb)
  • bt :6::K::P:
  • bt :P+K:
  • bt :2::P+K:
  • dho :P::P::6::K::2_: (gb)
  • hs :K:((:K:):K:):6::K:
  • hs :H+K:
  • rhs :H+K:((:K:):K:)
lows that stun:
  • :P::P::2:/:2_::K:
  • :1_::P:(:P:):K:
  • :6::4::P:(((:4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):K:((:P:/:K:):2_:)
  • :4::6::P:(((:4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):K:((:P:/:K:):2_:)
  • :K::K::2::K:(:2_:)
  • :1::K::K::2::K:
  • :1::K::2::K:(:8:/:2_:)
  • :6::6::K:
  • :3::3::K::2::K:
  • :214::P+K::P::2:/:2_::K:
  • :2::H+K:(:2:/:K:)
  • :1::H+K:(:2:)
  • while running :K:
  • bt :P::P::6::P::2::P:
  • bt :P::P::2::K:
  • bt :2_::P::K:
  • bt :6::K::K:
  • bt :6::K::3_::K:
  • bt :2::K:
  • dho :P::P::2:/:2_::K:
  • dho :2::K:(:H+P:)
  • hs :P:
  • lft :H+K:
  • lht :6::K:(:2_:)
  • lht :H+K:
lows that cause a knockdown:
  • :6::4::P:(((:4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):K::2::K:
  • :4::6::P:(((:4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):4::P:/:6::P:):K::2::K:
  • :2_::K::K:
  • :1::K::2::K::2::K:(:2_:)
  • :H+K:((:K:):K:):2::K:(:2_:)
  • rhs :H+K:((:K:):K:):2::K:(:2_:)
some data will vary depending on range and stance.

Tones

Premium Donor
Updated with DOA5U information. Let me know what people want to see, what your opinions on certain things etc.

Last edited:

CBB

I noticed Brad's 1p is very good, especially in the beginning of the first round when people rush you right from the start. I'm currently training online with him and this seems like a staple move for him. Thoughts?

HoodsXx

I noticed Brad's 1p is very good, especially in the beginning of the first round when people rush you right from the start. I'm currently training online with him and this seems like a staple move for him. Thoughts?
You mean BT 2P right? It's good against characters with 12i-13i mids. So it can be good in some cases. Characters you don't want use it on however. Would be:pai kasumi christie hayate zack lisa brad himself unless they're in laydown.

CBB

Forward facing is 1p? From BT yeah. I had great reasults forward facing as well from crouch. I just got back in the game after a few years so I'm rusty in my terminology besides gameplay. Looking to up my game quick. I have a lot of questions coming up.

HoodsXx

Sure man bring out the questions. If you're on psn or xbl let me know and I'll help you out.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD