Character bashing

vINv

I seem to get bashed frequently for using Helena and idk y is thier some sort of character edicate or ppl on this game just that rude was looking for feed back and wondering does this happen frequently to anyone else?

Nightpup

1. People are assholes. Get used to it. Especially on DOA.
2. Helena's ... pretty damn good. She's quite possibly the only character with untechable setups, if I've been hearing things correctly. That lets her put on an endless offense that the opponent can only cancel with a lucky hold.
3. It's generally frowned upon to use ninjas, jelly molds, otherwordly demons, or well-known god tier characters, from what I've seen.

vINv

So it would some S+ tool with bass of all chars called me a scrub for using helena and called all helenas scrubs and ive beaten this same guy with tina 3x

Ghosty-J

2. Helena's ... pretty damn good. She's quite possibly the only character with untechable setups, if I've been hearing things correctly. That lets her put on an endless offense that the opponent can only cancel with a lucky hold.
3. It's generally frowned upon to use ninjas, jelly molds, otherwordly demons, or well-known god tier characters, from what I've seen.

And everyone's been saying Helena is trash?? That's just a load of bologna .V.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
People online just wanna complain. There is no character etiquette. Rarely happens offline tbh.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Ahh, David Sirlin. Or as I like to call him David Sirloin Steak. He makes excellent articles.

I hope you take the time to read and understand it.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I never got bashed for the character I use, but rather myself as a character.

That's why I got a self-confidence patch.

Raansu

She really can't do them all that well anymore in 1.03. They lowered the launch height of practically all her setups so she can't get the last slap anymore if you tech roll. Technically yes you still have to tech roll every time, but the advantage is nowhere near as ridiculous as it used to be.

She went from good to legitimately a bad character again. So much so that mamba quit playing.

Nightpup

Online shouldn't be taken seriously. I use Tina as my main (obviously) and I'll get hate mail saying ridiculous crap like "all you do is grab!" -- well geez...sorry for grabbing with my GRAPPLING character. :rolleyes:
Thing is, all Tinas only ever go for the same setups, so it's ridiculously annoying to fight her. I can't stand her either. I just love her duckface.

vINv

Seriously well she is a grab charcter with limited move set so us tina players do what we can gives more moves well stop being repitive

Doug Nguyen

This is pretty much what every Helena player goes through. It the people in the communities fault for complaining about how "broken" Helena is. Everyone else just hoped on the band wagon, with out educating themselves. Seems like people either think Helena sucks or they think she's broken.

vINv

Seriously well she is a grab charcter with limited move set so us tina players do what we can . give us more moves well stop being repitive

saikyom

I started playing online recently, I didn't play much dead or alive I main Akira,so i'm in training mode and from time to time people challenge me, I meet a lot of button mashers,And they win :) but i don't feel like complaining I know my level, and I enjoy fighting good players online, so the scrubs who keep hating when they lose are just one of "online's cons.
enjoy the game and don't give a damn about what people say, rare are qualified to give a valid opinion. :)

synce

If you play Alpha or Helena online you're going to get hate for various reasons. Helena gets a huge boost in lag, where it's almost impossible to react to anything and she's the queen of mixup. And Alpha can do big damage with 1-guess combos, something every DOA character should have but doesn't.

I've used 5 characters (soon 6) and basically I've only gotten hate mail for Alpha, but recently people have been disconnecting on my Pai a lot and sometimes they'll just sit there and refuse to fight lol

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Helena can't sing! Christie shot the wrong person, is that legit?

I get bashed all the time: In DOA4 for using Tengu, and in DOA5 for using Alpha! ALPHA! Seriously, it's not my problem you can't duck her offensive hold and I slaughter you with it or RUSH as soon as you get up. If I meet a wall I'm fucked, so that's out of the equation.

When I see a message pop up after a match in DOA5, I see a plea for mental help and I ignore it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD