Character development *Future patch discussion*

Brute

Standard Donor
Doanybody know these combos still work? 236T, 236P, 214P, 236P+KPP 412369T (ceiling combo)
(i don't have internet btw)
Again, 236T is not a move Ryu actually has. You mean the beginning of the Otoshi, which is 41236T.

And yes, that combo still works. But it should be noted that if you land the throw on Hi Counter, the damage boost will not apply to the strikes you make after the opponent falls from the ceiling anymore. Thus, I'm not sure if on Hi Counter it would do more damage than just finishing the normal ceiling Izuna.
Someone with more time spent in the lab than me can feel free to answer that.

MajesticBlue

4F+K was changed in the last patch. The notes read: "4H+K: changed motion recovery from 28 to 22F, removed wall blow back."
Shoho is 23F and 4F+K is 22, yet still when I test this in training mode, both me and the AI can crit hold 4F+K after 214P but not the Shoho. Can you hop into the game and test this yourself? I don't think I'm messing this up.

Though if the stagger escape is glitched, I feel Shoho won't be guaranteed after 214P for very long :(

Thats what I get for not refreshing myself on the patch notes hahahah. I have been waiting for the patch for too damn long to remember.

I have no clue how 4F+K is holdable. Kinda weird. Even if it took longer to get to acitve frames I wouldn't think it would be that much longer. I really can't test anything since I have it on 360, sorry.

Yeah, if the SE glitch is patched we can say goodbye to a lot of things. Still 33P and 3P+K will still work. They are more then enough.

Brute

Standard Donor
Because they might of did something stupid to the SE, knowing how glitchy this game can be.
Ceiling combo still works. Just be wary that the 214P may not guarantee a subsequent Shoho if the opponent slow-escapes. Just take that part out and the combo will still connect.

Chaos

Ceiling combo still works. Just be wary that the 214P may not guarantee a subsequent Shoho if the opponent slow-escapes. Just take that part out and the combo will still connect.
I wish they would get rid of slow escaping for sit down stuns.

GeMster

I wish they would get rid of stagger escape altogether. It doesn't really add anything to the gameplay except being super annoying. Jin in the first Blazblue game had that property aswell on his ice attacks. Wiggle the stick to break the ice. Only because of that he was the most annoying character to fight against imo.

cip

After todays patch (1.04) I tested 214P->Shoho and 4H+K->33P and they both worked, as in they could not be critical held, even with stagger escape. Neither by me, nor the AI. (Okay, okay, the second combo can be held with perfect SE, but that's the same as pre patch and I don't worry about anyone holding that in real play)

That's pretty sweet :D

MajesticBlue

I have always found the smartest thing to do is just to SE into a block for the most part. Going for a hold with that tight of a window would be pretty hard but remember chances are a good player will go for the guard. I think the purpose is the fact that even if you put yourself at no major disadvantage, you give up guaranteed damage for a throw mixup more or less./ Theory fighter.

If you can hit confirm in time I bet counter hit 3P and 6K would be great for setting up shoho. Pretty sure some people could hold that on reaction though.

Hey Cip, are his force techs still in after the patch? I don't think I have heard either way yet.

Chaos

I've notice that Ryu can get a ground bounce from his Ongyoin Stance - Fudo Unryu :2::P::and have the ability to air throw his opponents. I always thought it was retarded that you couldn't do a air throw after it but now you can which is extremely pleasant
and a welcome change, Thank You TN :)

cip

Force techs still work. Except for being able to SE myself, I didn't find any change with Ryu.

:6::K::P: gives the same ground bounce, but only if the K didn't hit or if the threshold stun for a critical burst has been reached. It's really neat.

SilverForte

Im glad to hear the forcetechs are still in. and the guaranteed stuff with 214p and 4h+k, I hope xbox gets this soon so you guys can mess around with it.

cip

Did you guys know, that :P+K: gives a holdable limbo stun, when the opponent was in stun beforehand? Did this come with the patch?

This is really useful in my opinion, since the move is quite hard to read and thus hard to hold. Plus it is safe on block and can transition into Ongyoin. I should use this more often. Too bad it's mid P, as most of Ryus good moves.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD