Character list leaked from Demo's EXE

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'll wait till September. If he doesn't end up being in the game, then there would be no reason for me to play the game.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I'll wait till September. If he doesn't end up being in the game, then there would be no reason for me to play the game.

What if they somehow (by some miracle) decide that hey! He WILL be in the game but as free DLC because sorry we didn't have time to make him would that change your mind?

Believe me I'm really upset that Leon is gone ... But I really hope that somehow they bring him back even if its after a few months. The game just isn't the same without him.

PhoenixVFIRE

lol I love how everyone is assuming he's gone based off of an old 15% Alpha demo's data. How about not getting pissy and assuming the worst and wait till September? Everyone? Yes? No? Maybe? This is a problem with most people, and that would be assuming the worst and speaking words of death. He has a character camera which is evidence that he might exist, but his data was not in the demo yet. Instead, everyone focuses on the bad and how he doesn't have his data and "Oh! Well he must have been cut!....No, how about waiting until confirmation?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
That's why I said I wanted to wait till Sep for the reveal, otherwise I would've said no right away because I'm just not feeling this game.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
That's why I said I wanted to wait till Sep for the reveal, otherwise I would've said no right away because I'm just not feeling this game.

What, no Bass? The super unfinished version I played of him was not exactly bad. Assuming he isn't nerfed into the dust, he should be really fun to play.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
What, no Bass? The super unfinished version I played of him was not exactly bad. Assuming he isn't nerfed into the dust, he should be really fun to play.
Naaa, man. Bass went from being GGXA Potemkin in 3.1/3.2 to GG1 Pote in later games. Now if by some miracle he becomes the same good character again and this game ends up in majors, then yeah, I'll pick it up.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Naaa, man. Bass went from being GGXA Potemkin in 3.1/3.2 to GG1 Pote in later games. Now if by some miracle he becomes the same good character again and this game ends up in majors, then yeah, I'll pick it up.

From E3 alone he wasn't bad. Had more sitdown stuns than any other character by far. The question now is whether or not they nerf the unholdable stuns.

Blazeincarnated

lol I love how everyone is assuming he's gone based off of an old 15% Alpha demo's data. How about not getting pissy and assuming the worst and wait till September? Everyone? Yes? No? Maybe? This is a problem with most people, and that would be assuming the worst and speaking words of death. He has a character camera which is evidence that he might exist, but his data was not in the demo yet. Instead, everyone focuses on the bad and how he doesn't have his data and "Oh! Well he must have been cut!....No, how about waiting until confirmation?
Your right, think about it..... Maybe they didn't finish his model? He had an Ingame camera didn't he? That would be their excuse as to say they wanted to keep Bayman and Leon's movesets as far from each other as possible, so they delayed making his model, Or he is just an unlockable character, hence why he isnt in the character code... ;)

Bogetsu

To be honest, I never thought that Leon would be dropped out. He was even like a featured character in DOAD.

KwonJigglypuff

Yeah, except for the Ninjas and the DOATEC gang (Helena, Bayman, Christie), they made like 1 new scene with Jann Lee kicking Lei Fang's ass, many new scenes for Hitomi (with Ein/Ayane), 1 for Kokoro when she protects Kasumi, 4 for Lisa to explain her background, 1 with Eliot and Gen Fu, 1 with Brad when he tries to rape Ayane...

The only one who only had old footage were Tina, Bass, Zack and Leon... but Leon is the only non-ninja/non-DOATEC character to have a CGI cutscene (this cutscene when Roland dies..).

Lexmark2

To try out the new characters and the fact that its a new game? I've lost my mains in different games where I only had one and I really find it odd that people buy fighting games for just one character. Not saying there's anything wrong with that,just that I would think that would get might boring if you aren't going to tourney's(which everyone that does something like that doesn't)

MrMoon360

U know what would be really fucked?
If team ninja troll us and give Bayman a turban in a costume.
Just like what SFxT did by putting in R.mika's costume for Kuma... >__>

I swear I would rage so badly..

They also trolled with Megaman. Shit was disrespectful. >.>
If they were gonna be trollin', they should've trolled Pac-Man too. He had a horrible cover art as well.
TGA427-CoverArtFailPacMan189.jpg

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I meant everyone in general who is complaining. I'm well aware that some people have brains :)

I am not basing it on the alpha demo rip ... I am basing it on what DrDogg said. He aint comin.. its that simple.

DrDogg know this, which is why he is not commenting on the matter.

Only chance of him coming, if ever, is through DLC..

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Don't count on it. Team Ninja has specifically stated that they "have no plans to sell characters as downloadable content." Well, they could do it for free so everyone gets it, right? That would be correct if Tecmo-Koei wasn't the publisher. TK doesn't want to give anything away for free so even if TN wanted to do free DLC, TK wouldn't let them. I think DOA Dimensions was the exception but that was incentive to make people buy the game sooner and at full price.

DontForkWitMe

watch them pull a ninja gaiden 3 razor's edge and release DOA5:HARDCORE exclusively on Wii-U with Leon, Ein, and a bunch of other extras over the PS360 version

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Don't count on it. Team Ninja has specifically stated that they "have no plans to sell characters as downloadable content." Well, they could do it for free so everyone gets it, right? That would be correct if Tecmo-Koei wasn't the publisher. TK doesn't want to give anything away for free so even if TN wanted to do free DLC, TK wouldn't let them. I think DOA Dimensions was the exception but that was incentive to make people buy the game sooner and at full price.

TK has to be on their best behavior after the screw up of NG3,not to mention their Warrior series isnt even dubbed and hardly sold disc wise.they would be wise to please their dwindling fanbase as much as possible.

DrDogg

I am not basing it on the alpha demo rip ... I am basing it on what DrDogg said. He aint comin.. its that simple.

DrDogg know this, which is why he is not commenting on the matter.

Comment on what matter? I generally don't pay much attention to this thread.

If you're asking for character confirmation of a character that has yet to be announced, I wouldn't be able to say anything either way.

All I've said about characters is that the leak may not be 100% accurate. That could mean anything.

NG3 got free DLC.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor

hence the "if ever" ...
Its quite unfortunate .. I'm still getting the game of course but its just not the same without Leon...
Actually I feel kinda let down... :/
I just hate having a character disappear like that ... especially if it was a kick ass character like Leon.
He was probably the second most used character on my character usage list ... lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD