Character question

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I might get a lot of flak for being biased and not good enough to express an opinion, but what the hell, I'm gonna try anyway. I'm tired of being afraid.

I'm gonna say Christie is well-rounded. She has a sufficient amount of fast pokes, a jab that's one of the fastest in the game, a command throw that grants easy access to the opponent from behind, a surprisingly strong wall game, a good oki strategy, great damage output from combos after CB or on Hi-Counter, has a way to do ceiling damage, and has a special stance that not only expands on normal strings, but is just as as evasive, if not more evasive, than the universal sidestep.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I might get a lot of flak for being biased and not good enough to express an opinion, but what the hell, I'm gonna try anyway. I'm tired of being afraid.

I'm gonna say Christie is well-rounded. She has a sufficient amount of fast pokes, a jab that's one of the fastest in the game, a command throw that grants easy access to the opponent from behind, a surprisingly strong wall game, a good oki strategy, great damage output from combos after CB or on Hi-Counter, has a way to do ceiling damage, and has a special stance that not only expands on normal strings, but is just as as evasive, if not more evasive, than the universal sidestep.
I totally agree that Christie is a strong character. It is very easy to become overwhelmed by her speed and evasiveness. In terms of all around tools, she has very weak holds and she doesn't have any offensive holds.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
^At least I tried. -_-
It wasn't a knock against you or your character.

Akira doesn't fit the all around mold either. He has shit range, stupid linear, and no offensive holds. He's also slower than Christie.

Koompbala

Gen Fu lacks range, and is a bit on the slow side.

Not that that makes him lacking or anything, but I'm not sure he's "well-rounded."

I would say Hayate before Gen Fu.

I would like to know what makes gen fu slow? How is he even a bit on the slow side? Hayate though I agree with that pick.

Brute

Standard Donor
Christie is a very strong, solid character, but I'm not sure I'd say well-rounded because her holds and throws are some of the weakest in the game (save 4T and her launch hold).
Maybe though. You know her better than me, so I'll differ to you.

I would like to know what makes gen fu slow? How is he even a bit on the slow side?
His pokes are all good speed (a bit too good, if you ask me), but many of his strings result in slow strikes that can be intercepted. He's best when you're a free-cancel nut. Not that that's a weakness, really, just not sure it's "well-rounded."

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
what the hell happened with Tina before the game came out everyone and their grandmother seemed to be using her now i don't see or even here of her anymore.

Brute

Standard Donor
what the hell happened with Tina before the game came out everyone and their grandmother seemed to be using her now i don't see or even here of her anymore.
I think people got bored of her. At first she was appealing because she's so braindead to use, but after enough time, she gets stale.

Pokerking87

Tina lacks a bit in speed i doesnt know her Frames but her 4k is Crazy fast and her 1p crush everything. Besides her damage output is damn good. Strikes, Throws, Holds everything far over average and she got One of the best Force techs in the Game.

Koompbala

Tina lacks a bit in speed i doesnt know her Frames but her 4k is Crazy fast and her 1p crush everything. Besides her damage output is damn good. Strikes, Throws, Holds everything far over average and she got One of the best Force techs in the Game.

Her 4K is 14i so thats alright wouldn't consider it crazy fast. If all you do is throw out highs all day. Then yes 1P crushes everything its a fantastic move in water and snow though. What she lacks in speed she makes up for with tracking. Her strikes are okay their not terrible by any means. Her moves to force tech aren't really anything to brag about. 6H+K gives +9 after force tech. That's not that much advantage especially with Tina. She has others that give her +17 or +22. You would think wow thats awesome what are you complaing about. All her force techs put the opponent to far away to do anything. All thats left is slow linear moves to reach the opponent or run grab. 6H+K is a great move though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD