Character smilies

Lady Tengu

Instead of bitching about it, why aren't you submitting a better one?

So called professional owner you are! Maybe I can't draw and I have no desire to but let's be fucking serious it's salad. This is fucking pathetic don't you think? Maybe I am bitching about it but make no mistake this is a Fucking joke.

werewolfgold

Can we please have an actual character icon for Honoka? @CyberEvil @Mr. Wah @Brute @Rikuto
\:honoka: < This is a fucking joke Excuse my language. This is a pointless childish thing that is going to be funny for a couple more weeks. Meanwhile people who actually like Honoka cant have an actual Character icon. I Swear this thread is disappointing me.
Strange. I can only see a blank icon. I thought it was a placeholder. Therefore reading your post was kind of funny.

You mean to tell me there's actually supposed to be a pink Marie Rose salad picture here? This seems to be a Firefox problem. I can see it in Google Chrome.

Edit: Never mind. Had to clear my site cache out. It's all good.

Last edited:

Squizzo

Can we please have an actual character icon for Honoka? @CyberEvil @Mr. Wah @Brute @Rikuto
\:honoka: < This is a fucking joke Excuse my language. This is a pointless childish thing that is going to be funny for a couple more weeks. Meanwhile people who actually like Honoka cant have an actual Character icon. I Swear this thread is disappointing me.
Gotta agree that the whole salad thing seems completely pointless. Imagine the scenario when a newcomer sees people calling her salad.
Newbie: Hey why do you call Honoka, salad?
Veteran: It's a typo that was meant to say solid.
Newbie: So did TN reveal her with a typo?
Veteran: No, it wasn't TN, just a random user.
Newbie: So salad has nothing to do with her character or personality?
Veteran: Nope
Newbie: So you nicknamed a character based on a typo made by a random user one time, that has nothing to do with Honoka as a character.
Veteran: Yep
Newbie: Seems a bit pointless.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

You can't seem to comprehend that the word "Salad"...once again...Salad...does NOT mean a dislike towards the character. There is nothing wrong with it. This thread is disappointing "You". Just solely you and a very minor few. I mean really, it's just an character Icon. Just ignore it. It's still Honoka for Pete's sake.

Gotta agree that the whole salad thing seems completely pointless. Imagine the scenario when a newcomer sees people calling her salad.
Newbie: Hey why do you call Honoka, salad?
Veteran: It's a typo that was meant to say solid.
Newbie: So did TN reveal her with a typo?
Veteran: No, it wasn't TN, just a random user.
Newbie: So salad has nothing to do with her character or personality?
Veteran: Nope
Newbie: So you nicknamed a character based on a typo made by a random user one time, that has nothing to do with Honoka as a character.
Veteran: Yep
Newbie: Seems a bit pointless.

Interesting how you made a future scenario that may not even happen. Newbie will think it's hilarious..but it's of no situation at the moment. The character forum is still Honoka and it's just an "ICON". You must be the future forecaster if you solely believe this will be right. Dropping this one more time.

It's still Honoka. Stop crying from an Icon. People will still call her Honoka, get a grip.

Last edited:

Squizzo

Nonsense. A salad is a mix of various ingredients. And so is Honoka's moveset. There ya go. All the rationale you need.

We can also move over to Schoolgirl Raidou, but maybe that's a bit too long.
But the whole salad thing started before we even knew she was a mimic character, it's just coincidence that a salad is a mixed food item. By that logic she could be called trial mix, hot pot, mixed nuts, buffet, pick n mix etc.But I don't see people calling her any of those names.
Interesting how you made a future scenario that may not even happen. Newbie will think it's hilarious..but it's of no situation at the moment. The character forum is still Honoka and it's just an "ICON". You must be the future forecaster if you solely believe this will be right. Dropping this one more time.

It's still Honoka. Stop crying from an Icon. People will still call her Honoka, get a grip.

Nobody is 'crying' here, there is no need for such hyperbolic language. Just expressing their opinions. Secondly I didn't claim to be able to predict the future I said 'imagine the scenario'. Maybe you didn't understand the meaning of scenario.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Nobody is 'crying' here, there is no need for such hyperbolic language. Just expressing their opinions. Secondly I didn't claim to be able to predict the future I said 'imagine the scenario'. Maybe you didn't understand the meaning of scenario.

Sweet Jesus, the amount of absurdness is unfathomable. Let me be clear with this one since it takes a shit ton of bricks to get it to the skull of an individual like you. You "imagine" a scenario of someone who just recently registered the site and you would imagine he would ask in the Honoka forums "What does Salad mean?" The result of this happening is not even a positive outcome of whether he would ask this or not. It says Honoka forums. No matter what the situation is, the end result is that it's still "Honoka." You have to be super curious to ask what it means, but that's not even the most important considering that you registered for the forums to learn the character and talk about her. The Salad thing has 0 impact towards the game and 0 impact towards you and the rest of the members.

Yes I know what *Scenario* means. Maybe you haven't noticed that the character is named Honoka and that the Salad thing is a small thing.

The issue right now is the Character Icon. It's there, but guess what? It's still Honoka. That little piece of bowl down there has 0 affect towards the game. So once again, Get a grip. Ignore it. It is not that serious. People also have fun communication towards others with the joke but we still help out other players how the character performs.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Could just keep both Icons which would be sweet. Of course, that decision is up to Mr.Wah and Rikuto. Salad thing was a trend for communication. I call her Salad and I bet I'll contribute more write ups on findings than most people on the boards. See if they like my Salad now.

Squizzo

Sweet Jesus, the amount of absurdness is unfathomable. Let me be clear with this one since it takes a shit ton of bricks to get it to the skull of an individual like you. You "imagine" a scenario of someone who just recently registered the site and you would imagine he would ask in the Honoka forums "What does Salad mean?" The result of this happening is not even a positive outcome of whether he would ask this or not. It says Honoka forums. No matter what the situation is, the end result is that it's still "Honoka." You have to be super curious to ask what it means, but that's not even the most important considering that you registered for the forums to Learn the character and talk about her. The Salad thing has 0 impact towards the game and 0 impact towards you and the rest of the members.

Yes I know what *Scenario* means. Maybe you haven't noticed that the character is named Honoka and that the Salad thing is a small thing.

The issue right now is the Character Icon. It's there, but guess what? It's still Honoka. That little piece of bowl down there has 0 affect towards the game. So once again, Get a grip. Ignore it. It is not that serious. People also have fun communication towards others with the joke but we still help out other players how the character performs.
Look there's no point in getting aggressive. I'm just expressing my opinion that I find the whole salad thing to be pointlessly irrelevant to me and no doubt would be even more irrelevant to someone who wasn't around for the start of the running joke.
I'm not suggesting that anyone will actually get confused as to who Honoka is or that calling her salad will actually affect the game or the community in any way. I'm just saying that from my point of view, nicknaming a character based on a one off typo that has nothing to do with Honoka's personality, seems to me to be really pointless.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
When did the Salad thing say it was based on her personality? I respect your opinion. I really do. But in times like these, it will not affect anyone's gameplay. If it did, then by all means..I support against the Salad thing. Not saying to not speak your mind and your own opinion to this, but what good will it do if it's not even a threat to begin with.

Nicknames are not a default name. I will end this argument but people will eventually continue saying that, just saying.

Last edited:

Squizzo

I'll just say this and then I'm done. I don't want to argue, make enemies and derail the thread any further. People can call her salad if they want, I'm not trying to stop them. It's just that a nickname is normally based on some facet of a persons character or a play on words / adaptation of their name. 'Salad' is neither of those things to Honoka.

Argentus

A) She will be Salad forevermore. Deal with it, its hilariously appropriate for the character, that's why its a thing.

2) The character icons don't always look like the actual character anyway. Like Eliot was mistakenly drawn as a man in his little icon, Momiji looks like grumpycat, Tengu looks like Garfield, etc etc. The icons are okay to be little jokes. Salad icon should stay.

C3) P.O.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I agree that a talented someone should make a proper Honoka icon, though I like the idea of the Salad one sticking around alongside it.

I don't like that the current Honoka one is just a recolor of Marie's and forces the salad joke on anyone who wishes to use it. Hopefully we can get a proper Honoka one, and then also make an alternate edit of it with a salad in front of her, like in Nightpup's current version.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD