Color Edit mode / Palette Swap selection

Stikku

How would you guys feel about a Color Edit mode in DOA5, or a proper Palette Swap selection when choosing costumes to get rid of "Palette swaps as a costume slot"?
I've made a few examples to show the possibilities.
01kasumiDOA5real_C1_4colourswaps.jpg02bradwongDOA5real_C1_4colourswaps.jpg04helenaDOA5real_C1_4colourswaps.jpg05kokoroDOA5real_C1_4colourswaps.jpgchristieDOA5real_C1_4colourswaps.jpg09jannleeDOA5real_C1_4colourswaps.jpg

Ghosty-J

Anything, and I mean ANYTHING, to keep color swaps from having their own costume slots, then I'm all for it 100%. It keeps from taking away from the characters' "spirit" and gives it a slightly more extensive sense of creativity to the players since some of the color choices made for characters are pretty bland *coughrigcough*.

Ooobe

I'd support this, - horizontal slots for each vertical costume slot would make it quickly selectable. I don't want to wait forever (or make others wait for me) until a decision what colour to paint an outfit is made. ;)

Stikku

eliot_c1.PNG
eliot_c1_2.jpg

The possibilities for player customization would be a lot better than what they are now, even if they aren't quite up to Virtua Fighter / Tekken / Soul Calibur standards.

A simple palette swap option after choosing your character and costume would add more "player personality", and a full-blown color-edit mode would add even more player personality. :)

Keved

Those examples are brilliant man, props.

I'd love to have color/palette swaps also. I would be changing Sarah's skin-tight blue outfit to black asap.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Great, now I have four more reasons to fa--- uh, fathom the possibilities of creativity behind Christie's new outfit.

Drake Aldan

Color edits of main costumes are usually what I stick to in Soul Calibur... Create-A-Soul and CAS equipment usually clips, or doesn't fit right, or what have you. Default costumes usually have more care put into them/look nicer...

If Team Ninja made the main costumes, and you just got to pick the colors, I think that would be best. Too much customization can get a little ridiculous... and sometimes downright distracting.

ChrisArmoun

Even without the ability to change or alter items, a standard color editor does wonders. I did the same things as Drake in SCV for some of my edits and had a ton of enjoyment using the color editor in KoFXIII. Just have to make sure its extensive enough to make robust changes. Not like TTT2 where you can only edit 3-4 colors. Simple solution for skin colored bikinis is to use SCs system where certain colors of the spectrum aren't available to bikini items

Souichiro

How would you guys feel about a Color Edit mode in DOA5, or a proper Palette Swap selection when choosing costumes to get rid of "Palette swaps as a costume slot"?

This is the best idea someone had for at least a week. Being able to change even the littlest of things by yourself is awesome. Having to rely on extra slots just for different rendered colours is a method that should have honestly died with the previous generation of consoles. And to add to your great idea i will also suggest this --->

I mean, seriously... How AWESOME IS THAT?!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD