DOA6 Combat and Features Trailer

Team NINJA keeps fresh content coming with a new electrifying trailer that breaks down the gameplay in Dead or Alive 6 beautifully, and explains all kinds of exciting new features to the game. At the beginning of the trailer Team NINJA mentions that DOA5 has a lifetime figure of 12 million digital downloads. If you want to know why DOA6 is coming out this quick, look no further than the success of DOA5 and the relationship between Team NINJA and the fighters that played it.

The gameplay and feature mashup in this trailer is one of the most intense and enjoyable trailers Team NINJA has ever made. With every kick, punch and expression that is thrown your way, you will want more and you'll get more! Even the triangle system tutorial bits were filled to the brim with the finest and most polished gameplay yet.

You can see a lot of polish in this trailer in comparison to some of the previous ones, and it only takes a few clips to see that the hit detection on moves is better than it has ever been and the smooth and refreshing animations flow wildly. When it comes to DOAs characters and moves you are getting an artistic game with an identity that nobody can replicate. You're also getting a bevy of game modes to satisfy your competitive cravings and casual solo grinds.

In this generation of fighting games you might be stuck with a picture book for your story, but with DOA6 you get a complete 3D experience with a story line that features over 24 characters. It's also worth mentioning again that Team NINJA is incorporating our beloved DOA5 DLC characters like Honoka, Marie Rose and Nyo-Tengu in DOA6s story. It also looks to answer questions players have had for ages, and might even bring a tear to your eye if you've been following the narrative all these years.

Diego and NiCO get some nice highlights in this trailer as well, and appear to mesh in with the rest of the DOA cast just fine. NiCO's move set looks ravishing, and the electric touch to her hands really adds to her mystery and flashy style. Diego shows off his raw power, how dangerous he is near a wall, and that sick air grab that Team NINJA demoed last week on Twitter.

DOA Central is looking to add tons of custom options that were not explored at DOA Festival. You can switch hairstyles (with the possibility of being able to use the hairstyles of other characters), glasses and titles for each individual character. You can spend points on new accessories and you can even buy music with your points and set individual tracks to characters and menus!

You can also go to the Library menu in DOA Central and check out the DOA Encyclopedia! For the first time in DOA history you can purchase SERIES LORE with your points and see how Team NINJA sees things all of these years later. This additional content could keep players up for weeks putting story bits together, and is just another great way for Team NINJA to develop their characters.

'DOA Quest' is a brand new mode that has you performing various objectives and other demands for a quest clear completion. This mode rates your performance at the end, and you also accumulate a score. You can unlock costume pattern parts and other rewards for playing through the quests.

DOA6s training mode is also looking good with a new training level to practice on, and returning modes from DOA5. Some of the modes returning are: Combo Challenge, Command Training, Basic Training and the Tutorial.

DOA6 also bolsters a wide variety of other modes you would expect like: Versus, Arcade, Survive and Time Attack. It's usually a big bummer in any game where one of these is lost for reasons unknown, but it's all returning to DOA6 on Day 1.

It seems like DOA6 is the complete package for DOA players because it gives us just about everything we asked for. With Nyo-Tengu and Phase 4 revealed, the DOA6 beta coming out today, and now this hype feature trailer conclude a very news-worthy week for DOA6 with plenty more to come. Stay tuned for everything at FSD and enjoy the action from the online beta and the gameplay discussion in the forum!

Last edited:
Do you mean collection mode? That's exactly what I'm hoping for but it probably wont be in
I meant survival.

Just saw Mortal Kombat 11 reveal event, I gotta say DOA 6 looks underwhelming here. Especially those x ray moves look so good, DOA 6's Break Blows are practically the same. They should add Super Break Blows or something flashy (with 3 gauge or when health bar flashing red).Maybe then it could attract more new comers. :rolleyes:
DOA is a little different......I love Mortal Kombat but come on man.

Just saw Mortal Kombat 11 reveal event, I gotta say DOA 6 looks underwhelming here. Especially those x ray moves look so good, DOA 6's Break Blows are practically the same. They should add Super Break Blows or something flashy (with 3 gauge or when health bar flashing red).Maybe then it could attract more new comers. :rolleyes:
Comparing DoA to MK xD A lot of people don't like the style of MK, find it too dark looking and find animations look awkward. Nevermind it being a 2D fighter.

For those that like 2D fighters, I'm sure MK will be great. I personally don't give a rat's filthy ass about Warner Brothers or biased Scorpion junkie, Ed Boon so I stay away from their games.

I've also never played a Kombat game I've actually liked. I've yet to find a character I like in that series other than Jade.

They are clunky games, I think the style of the game has always made me kind of sick to my stomach as well.

The fatalities blood and gore. I will take the sexy characters and bright colorful world of DOA6 instead.

See how @N1ce Dreams read me like a flip book?

For those that like 2D fighters, I'm sure MK will be great. I personally don't give a rat's filthy ass about Warner Brothers or biased Scorpion junkie, Ed Boon so I stay away from their games.

I've also never played a Kombat game I've actually liked. I've yet to find a character I like in that series other than Jade.

They are clunky games, I think the style of the game has always made me kind of sick to my stomach as well.

The fatalities blood and gore. I will take the sexy characters and bright colorful world of DOA6 instead.

See how @N1ce Dreams read me like a flip book?
LOL you would hate dark anime like Devilman Crybaby then if you're like that man.

Also they're not clunky games. You're entitled to your opinion but don't spread fake news ninja. On a serious note, I know some kind of look down on MK because it is the only fighter with hardcore violence. I am happy DOA is adding in some violence to make the fighting more real and less dumb than thsoe fucking powerlanuchers.

There ARE people who look down on MK because of the violence? Everywhere I go it's "graaaaah MK is so VIOLENT and DARK and MATURE unlike these CREEPY weeb games ughh...." and America pretty much worships fictional violence and machismo.
As for DOA, the ninjas have had the same dumb air launches for quite a long time and I wouldn't say strawberry jam on the camera and taking away overkills count as "adding in violence"...

There ARE people who look down on MK because of the violence? Everywhere I go it's "graaaaah MK is so VIOLENT and DARK and MATURE unlike these CREEPY weeb games ughh...." and America pretty much worships fictional violence and machismo.
As for DOA, the ninjas have had the same dumb air launches for quite a long time and I wouldn't say strawberry jam on the camera and taking away overkills count as "adding in violence"...
Yeah dude you'll be surpise. Even some OG Street Figther guys shit on MK. But if you follow me, or ask Mark or Clay. They will tell you some of the things I love which is MK and Sonic.

Also...I like it as it is showing off a real fight. I would say it would be ncie to some bruised and swelling but that is my combat sports fan mind talking now.

LOL you would hate dark anime like Devilman Crybaby then if you're like that man.

Also they're not clunky games. You're entitled to your opinion but don't spread fake news ninja. On a serious note, I know some kind of look down on MK because it is the only fighter with hardcore violence. I am happy DOA is adding in some violence to make the fighting more real and less dumb than thsoe fucking powerlanuchers.

To me it's clunky and stiff as well. It's not fake news, Donald Trump, it's a comment I believe in. I don't know why you bother heckling me.

I think Mortal Kombat is meh. I'm glad people like it. I don't and I've played almost every game that's ever come out.

To me it's clunky and stiff as well. It's not fake news, Donald Trump, it's a comment I believe in. I don't know why you bother heckling me.

I think Mortal Kombat is meh. I'm glad people like it. I don't and I've played almost every game that's ever come out.
Not trying to heckle you though.

Well that's your opinion and I respect it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD