Copyrighted DOA streams

UmbxCrisisx

I don't know if I'm new to this but a lot of my twitch streams are being copyrighted for the song Welcome to the Elites by Bad Newsz Greatest. (Look it up and you'll see why). So I would avoid using the DOA rap as your menu music if your streaming on twitch (youtube doesn't copyright it)

WAZAAAAA

Just wondering, do you actually get any account limitation or some kind of penalty after getting copyrekt on twitch asides from the audio being muted in some archived videos?

UmbxCrisisx

Just wondering, do you actually get any account limitation or some kind of penalty after getting copyrekt on twitch asides from the audio being muted in some archived videos?
From what I know, it's only muted and unless you try to send it out or challenge it , nothing else really happens.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Oh wow. Yea, it's the exact same background track with different lyrics.

Heh. Funny.

WAZAAAAA

so wait
the YT video is dated 2011 and the DOA5 series is 2012+
did Chosen1 outright steal the track?

Brute

Standard Donor
so wait
the YT video is dated 2011 and the DOA5 series is 2012+
did Chosen1 outright steal the track?
Most likely they both picked up the same sample track from a studio. Keep in mind that most rappers aren't actually musicians and can't create music for crap, so they just shop archives of pre-made beats and then pick some shit they think they can mutter over and then call themselves artists.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Most likely they both picked up the same sample track from a studio. Keep in mind that most rappers aren't actually musicians and can't create music for crap, so they just shop archives of pre-made beats and then pick some shit they think they can mutter over and then call themselves artists.
Most rap music nowadays sucks gaping asshole anyway. XD I find it funny that this artist just happened to choose the same beat that the TN rap song MC did, but not so much. Most beats these days have the same BPM, rhythm, etc. It's just the matter of adjusting pitch and other stuff to make it sound "different" while still being in the same genre to get it played on the radio.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Hard part is that you had to deal with it for a full year until Ultimate was released where we can finally change the music.

UmbxCrisisx

Imma just go back to doa3 menu music. DOAD was my first game.

Update: checked the YouTube export and none of the video seems to be altered or muted.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Imma just go back to doa3 menu music. DOAD was my first game.

Update: checked the YouTube export and none of the video seems to be altered or muted.

It's only muted when playing through Twitch. Twitch doesn't mute the source video itself, that's why when converting to YouTube it isn't muted.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD