Creative Art Input Thread

synce

Never thought of that. Imagined her being tall to contrast her shyness.

On Amber the problem is that on my head I see her as short and thick. Milfy and pear shaped but not fat. Her personality is warm and motherly so i was trying to kinda aim for that. Wide hips and large prominent rear but when I draw her I wind up making her too lean or tall looking. Her body is suppose to kinda bulgy because in color you'd see she's actually like a lava lamp. Skin is transparent and inside you see like...magma like substance. So trying to balance between a milf build but not TOO thick if that makes sense.

Doesn't help that its a nightmare to find a reference for girls with that build.

k I honestly don't believe I'm qualified to give any art advice but I did some quick red lines over your Amber sketch

redlines.png

It's pretty good, there's not many mistakes. If you want to make her appear shorter, a simple trick is to increase the head size. For adult characters I'll typically do a 1-to-8 head ratio, but when drawing someone short (like Marie Rose) I might increase it to 1-to-7. If you go any higher though they'll start looking like kids :p

Thickness advice: IMO the thighs are key to a good, thick character. Also don't be afraid to give her a tummy. And in general for girls (not just for thick ones) never use straight lines, always curves. Another general tip is use to lots of references until everything's in your head for good. I fucking hate drawing from reference but it's necessary to get better.

Edit: Red lines only:

redlinesonly.png

Last edited:

Argentus

k I honestly don't believe I'm qualified to give any art advice but I did some quick red lines over your Amber sketch

View attachment 10303

It's pretty good, there's not many mistakes. If you want to make her appear shorter, a simple trick is to increase the head size. For adult characters I'll typically do a 1-to-8 head ratio, but when drawing someone short (like Marie Rose) I might increase it to 1-to-7. If you go any higher though they'll start looking like kids :p

Thickness advice: IMO the thighs are key to a good, thick character. Also don't be afraid to give her a tummy. And in general for girls (not just for thick ones) never use straight lines, always curves. Another general tip is use to lots of references until everything's in your head for good. I fucking hate drawing from reference but it's necessary to get better.

Edit: Red lines only:

View attachment 10304
That actually helps a ton, thanks :)

Argentus

Random concept.

This is the only panel these two girls ever appeared in. But I took a liking to them and decided to doodle a redesign of them

AgentX.1.jpg

And my sketches. Sorryvfor scribbling I was in a rush lol

11157499_1597416313842091_8006518680020087585_o.jpg

10842240_1597416347175421_6589065456567053580_o.jpg

11130223_1597416393842083_3195143912897885102_o.jpg

I guess I kinda turned them into Bayonetta and Lollipop chainsaw.

Which I think is awesome. Waddya think?

@synce

synce

Oh my bad I mistook the construction lines for pant seams haha And no, skirt over pants is really fucking lame. It's Hit Girl's only flaw :(

Argentus

Oh my bad I mistook the construction lines for pant seams haha And no, skirt over pants is really fucking lame. It's Hit Girl's only flaw :(
Lol yeah dunno what I was going for there. Wanted bare legs but implied shoes because she kicks. Looooot of panty shots like lollipop chainsaw.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Natsu and Taki? I was heartbroken when they said Taki was too old to be in SC5. I miss those Xena screams.

synce

Yeah fucking Japan man you're a grandma at 30 there lol Natsu's cool too though, I like the bitchy kogal attitude

BTW I don't know if you saw but I finished that Miss Monday thing

Argentus

I'm in love with some of my redesigns for one off marvel characters. :(

Wonder if I could convince marvel to let me do a fancomic with them (they only appeared in one issue each) or if I should just adapt them into my own comic story as "original" characters...

Like here's two more.
Jillian of the Neyaphem and Robin Vega

Original
2163600-robinvega.png

Jillian_(Earth-616)_from_Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_431.png

My sketches
marvel_fanart___jillian_and_robin_vega_by_degalon-d7j81u7.jpg

I've been imagining a story where these unrelated one off characters wind up becoming their own team/group like the Morlocks.

synce

Nice. I just know a few of the Xmen and Big Bertha...

I think in May I can finally post some of my own OCs here. After I finish the Korra thing I'm doing an original comic, possibly ongoing unless it's a dud :p

Argentus

Nice. I just know a few of the Xmen and Big Bertha...

I think in May I can finally post some of my own OCs here. After I finish the Korra thing I'm doing an original comic, possibly ongoing unless it's a dud :p
I wanna do my ongoing so bad but only been able to do a few pages over sveral years because I keep losing access to my computer for various reasons lol. Hoping to get a laptop to fix the issue but then id need to regain programs like photoshop....somehow...

Argentus

Since I can't continue the DigimonxTron painting until later, I'm going ahead and sketching out rough ideas for future east west character crossivers.
First up, rough idea for a Big Boss X Nick Fury portrait, I'm titling "War Crimes"

11160024_1602915439958845_1290737569601950439_o.jpg

Ignore Nick Furys doodles in the left I dunno what I'm going for with him so I just put placeholders for the sake of layout.

I don't have it quite right. I want bottom two to be smaller and centered, middle two larger and taking up more space, and side views to be much larger, framing the whole thing, while the center head will he raised up more.

Bottom two are them when they started out. Sgt Fury and Naked Snake. Then next up is them in the midpoint of their career. Snake circa foxhound in Peacewalker. Nick Fury I'm not sure what to do there. agent of Shield or him in a James bond iah tuxedo, during his CIA days. Then the two tall side profiles is them at their peaks, when they are bitter old soldiers. As Big Boss (debating whether to keep that as mg4 or 5 version), and Director of Shield. The centerpiece is swapped so right side is Big Boss, left is Nick Fury, with their eye patches crossing both eyes out, and its them at the end, as all they've done in their service is now what people hate them for.

The background will be bottom, jungle scheme, then fading up into flames of war behind the fused head.

Hoping to make it kind of a dramatic piece. All I can do for now is keep doodling rough versions though.

I've got a whole list of crossover pics I'm gonna do, inspired by that godawful Marvel/Attack on Titan crossover. Top few in my list are

Dio Brando (Jojo) x Zoom (DC), titled "Stop motion"

John Constantine (Hellblazer) x Nogami Neuro

Rachel Grey (X-Men) x Jotaro Kujo (Jojo)

Batman x Black Reaper (Darker Than Black)

Dazzler (Marvel) x Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid)

Mysterio (Spider-Man) x Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)

Death (DC/The Sandman) x Fishbone D & Ghost Girl (Bleach)

War Machine (IronMan) x Gundam HeavyArms Custom (Gundam Wing)

Wolverine (Xmen) and Cyclops x Kazuma The Shell Bullet and Ryuho (S-Cry-Ed)

The Punisher/Frank Castle (Marvel) x Beyond The Grave/Brandon Heat (Gungrave)

Spongebob x Squid Girl

Do any of those others interest you guys?

synce

For a moment I thought there was some epic double eyepatch action there :p I'm not familiar with this crossover thing but I remember trying to convince someone I know that Squid Girl was what they changed Spongebob into for the Japanese market. So that gets my vote

Argentus

For a moment I thought there was some epic double eyepatch action there :p I'm not familiar with this crossover thing but I remember trying to convince someone I know that Squid Girl was what they changed Spongebob into for the Japanese market. So that gets my vote
Lol

This was the first crossover I did though I never finished it

10885529_1554496634800726_8639198983033639454_n.jpg

I wanna do a series of western characters and eastern characters.

For spongebob and Squid girl its gonna be them holding hands and frollicking while jelly fishing. I'll sketch it tomorrow because I'm in bed lol

Also omg I can't wait to do Death x Fishbone D. It looks so beautiful in my head.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD