Creative Art Input Thread

synce

I've never heard of King Bradley but I have heard of Kid Rock and that dude is a machete wielding Kid Rock! So that's pretty cool. Here's a quick little edit (warning: I took some biiiiig liberties with Norah)

wip-norah2.png

Argentus

I've never heard of King Bradley but I have heard of Kid Rock and that dude is a machete wielding Kid Rock! So that's pretty cool. Here's a quick little edit (warning: I took some biiiiig liberties with Norah)

View attachment 10034
Okay

A) comparing him to kid rock make me now love how I designed him I didn't even see it before lol.

B) I'm totally okay with that lol. There is actually a point in the story where she's forced to dress ike that lol.

I take it you like her, or are you just indulging me?

Also I thought about visual novel...this was originally a videogame concept before a comic...maybe a Senran Kagura style visual novel that still has action sequences? I dunno. Not sure how id do fight scenes in CGs unless....I animated them?

synce

Yeah I like her, I'm supposed to be working on like 3 other projects but decided to draw Norah instead :p That's pretty much all I can do for now though

As for action scenes in visual novels, it's really not much different from a book. You write out the scene, maybe draw one or two CGs to go with it, and play a special effect whenever there's an attack. No need for animation :)

Argentus

Yeah I like her, I'm supposed to be working on like 3 other projects but decided to draw Norah instead :p That's pretty much all I can do for now though

As for action scenes in visual novels, it's really not much different from a book. You write out the scene, maybe draw one or two CGs to go with it, and play a special effect whenever there's an attack. No need for animation :)
Cool. I need another computer and copy of adobe master collection but until then I can keep finalizing characters and story

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
The trick is to use as much of your arm as possible. If you are using you wrist and fingers its going to jitter. At least that was the case for me.

synce

I've heard about drawing with your shoulder... But I'm too stubborn and lazy to practice it. I'm waiting until the inevitable wrist injury :)

Argentus

I've heard about drawing with your shoulder... But I'm too stubborn and lazy to practice it. I'm waiting until the inevitable wrist injury :)
Lol. About the same. I kind of can do it but those are a hard habit to break.

Debating which characters to try a final concept for next. I can fine tune minor details later but I need a base design. Most of them are in my head but a few are "too" base at the moment.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Well @synce when you work on a larger medium like a big ass canvas you are more or less forced to use your shoulders to draw and paint. Its not as hard as it sounds.

Also guys don't go to fucking art school. Excellent way to waste thousands of dollars.

synce

Lol. About the same. I kind of can do it but those are a hard habit to break.

Debating which characters to try a final concept for next. I can fine tune minor details later but I need a base design. Most of them are in my head but a few are "too" base at the moment.

Bruh forget that, just make a story with Sylvie and Norah. It will be called The Sylvie and Norah story. I will draw it. But it will be rated X. For X-cellent.

Well @synce when you work on a larger medium like a big ass canvas you are more or less forced to use your shoulders to draw and paint. Its not as hard as it sounds.

Also guys don't go to fucking art school. Excellent way to waste thousands of dollars.

Yeah I know what you mean on both fronts lol

Argentus

Bruh forget that, just make a story with Sylvie and Norah. It will be called The Sylvie and Norah story. I will draw it. But it will be rated X. For X-cellent.

Yeah I know what you mean on both fronts lol

Lol just wait you may like some of the other girls as well! (And some of the guys). Didn't like that ninja girl as much though lol?

Dear god I know that one. Didn't even finish and I'm over 100k in debt and I'm still trying to go back and finish because I'm stubborn.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
100k...*shudders*.....shit man I was barely in 20k before I started studying pharmacy as a means to support my hobbies/passions. It kinda backfired now as I really don't have the energy to draw as much as I used to.

synce

@Goarmagon Do you have a link to any of your art? I don't think I've seen it, I'm curious what you're into

@Argentus Nah the ninja's cool, but I almost never draw other people's OCs especially for free lol Norah and Sylvie were special cases :p Also I noticed you had a character named Lily inspired by Lillymon, which I JUST did some fan art of. I'm a fan of Fi too :p So tell me a bit about Lily

Argentus

100k...*shudders*.....shit man I was barely in 20k before I started studying pharmacy as a means to support my hobbies/passions. It kinda backfired now as I really don't have the energy to draw as much as I used to.
Well I went to the art institute for game art and design.
Then my depression kicked in. Queue slowly flunking out...
Been stuck in dead end part time jobs since, can't pay loans, interest building up.
I've worked my ass off to move back to the school area and even talked to the board to let me back in on academic parole but I can't actually pay for it this time.
.I still laugh when student loan people ask if I can give em money yet. Dude I'm unemployed and homeless. No I can't lol.

@synce lol okay give me a bit. Put simply, Lily is a fairy (obviously) inspired by Lillimon, and the 7 tails from Naruto. Cute and always smiling, she's an inect girl who can guide plant growth (vines usually) as she flies around. Early on in the story she acts as Silvair's courier, helping him gather supplies as she can be discrete while he can't. Almost always happy go lucky and smiling, very nonchalant during conflicts like Sylvie (a trait common among those who live in nature instead of society). Tends to duck out and fly away when things get dangerous, though that's just because she's not interested in fighting, not because she can't. Usually paired with Sylvie as the "pure/fun" girls, as opposed to the stoic Norah, mute but motherly Amber, shy but regal Gale, bloodthirsty Alex and Marissa, and party girl Vanessa.

And also then I am extremely honored and flattered that you want to draw my OCs :)

Last edited:

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
@synce No links as I am a lazy introvert fucktard. can show you some stuff and a shitload of anatomy studies but I have to find it.

@Argentus damn dude depression is a bitch..Just keep your head up. DONT overlook the cheap as fuck community colleges. I found that they are more direct to the meat and potatoes in regard to actual art techniques and theories.

Argentus

@synce No links as I am a lazy introvert fucktard. can show you some stuff and a shitload of anatomy studies but I have to find it.

@Argentus damn dude depression is a bitch..Just keep your head up. DONT overlook the cheap as fuck community colleges. I found that they are more direct to the meat and potatoes in regard to actual art techniques and theories.
Lol yeah I remember fighting with my Sony Employee instructors over simple stuff. I modeled a flat screen TV and my instructor told me it was too plain, it needs more noise and texture. I point to the monitor we are in front of that is sleek and featureless. Or another time where I made a worn down barrel for a prop. He tried to tell me barrels don't look like that, but I held up the picture of the actual barrel back on my families property that's been sitting out in a field for decades where an old house burned down. Or like I made a bloody mace and put a spec map so the blood glistens like liquid and he said to take it off because its too unrealistic. Another friend of mine who works at trion was pointing out how Sony games are ugly as hell so these guys probably aren't the best thing to listen to.

I'm gonna hafta reteach myself everything when I get a new computer anyway due to being out of practice by 5 years though.

Argentus

Yeah the internet is an amazing school, I learned everything from the internet! :) The only problem is there's no teacher to push you along so it's very tempting to quit sometimes

@Argentus How tall is Lily?
Um...let's go with "very small" not childlike but she's shorter than Sylvie who's a good head shorter then most others. So lesee...if Sylvie is about 5'4"-5'5", id put Lily at about 5 feet-4'8".

Its hard for me to guess at because I'm bad with measurements. Sylvie comes to Silvair's chest and he's 6ft. Lily comes to maybe Sylvie mouth or nose I guess? Small enough shell always be flying to be at eye level with people of average height.

Like I said there's still some details to finalize that's why I'm doing these concepts lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD