Creative Art Input Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Seriously, aren't there other places on the internet where you can drop off that kind of stuff, synce?

synce

You realize what kind of series DOA is, right?

fa7j0s9.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
a) I've never seen stuff like this in any DOA game. More like you wish it was this kind of series, huh?
b) This is a general creative art thread, so it has nothing to do with DOA, even if DOA was this kind of series.
c) I might be wrong, but I thought this site was supposed to be SFW/appropriate for minors.

Argentus

Lmaoo so lewd. Synce gives no fucks
Figuratively, anyway.

Speaking of lewd I would like some input on a design again. I'm still continuously adjusting my OC's and in this case I wanted to try something.

The oc is Fetish, a mercenary. I designed her as absolute hedonist who engages in things like rape, slave trade, torture, etc etc. Basically everything short of Cannibalism (THAT goes to her partner/pet/lover, Fuel The Rampage.).

But to contrast I wanted to try giving her a normal/conventionally cute face, so in the face she looks more "girl next door", despite, well, EVERYTHING ELSE about her.

Here's the original concept, followed by the sketch of new face plus some additional notes.

11053558_1596981207218935_5170530213880944049_o.jpg

IMG_20151114_165849_238.jpg

If a little more info on the character helps, then she was formerly a sex slave herself and her way of coping was to become predator instead of prey, seeing her way of life as completely normal. Her right arm has a gauntlet holding a canister of liquid metal she can manipulate into constructs. Usually creating restraints for opponents or simple weapons (as a bit of a shout out I'll be having g her form most of the signature Dynasty Warriors weapons). She heads the slave trade of the Bounty Board mercenary group. Though when she's engaging in her...activities, she treats her victims as she would a lover in a sub/Dom relationship, rather than being a simple cold blooded (or overly enthusiastic) sadist.

Her color scheme is based off Mariah's blue alt pallet from the old capcomJojo game though I haven't decided what is exactly what color beyond her having tanned skin and bluish hair.

On the other hand I'm debating if she's took "heavy" a character theme for my story, and switching her to a standard femme fatale with no (direct) links to slavery, torture, or sexual abuse.

She's one of the main trio of mercs who shows up in the first arc of the story so I'm trying to pin designs down still.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Figuratively, anyway.

Speaking of lewd I would like some input on a design again. I'm still continuously adjusting my OC's and in this case I wanted to try something.

The oc is Fetish, a mercenary. I designed her as absolute hedonist who engages in things like rape, slave trade, torture, etc etc. Basically everything short of Cannibalism (THAT goes to her partner/pet/lover, Fuel The Rampage.).

But to contrast I wanted to try giving her a normal/conventionally cute face, so in the face she looks more "girl next door", despite, well, EVERYTHING ELSE about her.

Here's the original concept, followed by the sketch of new face plus some additional notes.

If a little more info on the character helps, then she was formerly a sex slave herself and her way of coping was to become predator instead of prey, seeing her way of life as completely normal. Her right arm has a gauntlet holding a canister of liquid metal she can manipulate into constructs. Usually creating restraints for opponents or simple weapons (as a bit of a shout out I'll be having g her form most of the signature Dynasty Warriors weapons). She heads the slave trade of the Bounty Board mercenary group. Though when she's engaging in her...activities, she treats her victims as she would a lover in a sub/Dom relationship, rather than being a simple cold blooded (or overly enthusiastic) sadist.

Her color scheme is based off Mariah's blue alt pallet from the old capcomJojo game though I haven't decided what is exactly what color beyond her having tanned skin and bluish hair.

On the other hand I'm debating if she's took "heavy" a character theme for my story, and switching her to a standard femme fatale with no (direct) links to slavery, torture, or sexual abuse.

She's one of the main trio of mercs who shows up in the first arc of the story so I'm trying to pin designs down still.

do some research as to what sex workers tend to wear, right now she doesn't look like the character she portrays. to get a more femme fatale look maybe add a corset and some straps. If this is from a certain time period like the 1500s ect look up what prostitutes wore back then.
I'm curious why she has that half-skirt butt flap?

Argentus

do some research as to what sex workers tend to wear, right now she doesn't look like the character she portrays. to get a more femme fatale look maybe add a corset and some straps. If this is from a certain time period like the 1500s ect look up what prostitutes wore back then.
I'm curious why she has that half-skirt butt flap?
It was kind of a patchwork tailcoat, and making an "open front skirt with a side slit" when paired with the top that hangs down the front.

It was a fashion experiment lol.

But I'm not sure I want her to look like an outright hooker/sexworker. (She's a slaver, not a prostitute). I was attempting a blend between Mariah (JoJo) and Viola (Soul Caliber) with a little bit of ivy in there but yeah I think ill add a bit more (scv) Ivy as reference for the coat/vest. I forgot ivy had something like what I'm going for in that game.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
If you want to expose her body, you imho should focus on one part (breasts or crotch/ass) otherwise it looks just too forcefully sexualized. She also reminds me a little too much of Ivy from her face and hair to her clothing.
Speaking of Ivy and as a fitting expample:
This is imho a so much better design...

2488637-ivy.jpg

...then this...

latest

Which exposes just too much at the same time and you don't even know where to ogle at anymore. XD

I revised an a bit older concept a bit more for a publisher. The "Fairy Tale Stepmother":

fairy_tale_stepmother_by_tyaren-d7by9jt.jpg

Inspirations were also Ivy (her attitude and parts of what she is wearing (which isn't really visible here though), Cinderella's stepmother from the 60s Disney animation film and Angelina Jolie.

Argentus

If you want to expose her body, you imho should focus on one part (breasts or crotch/ass) otherwise it looks just too forcefully sexualized. She also reminds me a little too much of Ivy from her face and hair to her clothing.
Speaking of Ivy and as a fitting expample:
This is imho a so much better design...

2488637-ivy.jpg

...then this...

latest

Which exposes just too much at the same time and you don't even know where to ogle at anymore. XD

I revised an a bit older concept a bit more for a publisher. The "Fairy Tale Stepmother":

fairy_tale_stepmother_by_tyaren-d7by9jt.jpg

Inspirations were also Ivy (her attitude and parts of what she is wearing (which isn't really visible here though), Cinderella's stepmother from the 60s Disney animation film and Angelina Jolie.
Yeah I was busy today and I gotta wait for sunlight but I think I'm going to ditch the cleavage window and merge the skirt flap with the top, make it an actual coattail.

I'm trying g to keep yer outfit minimal, sexy, yet practical. So ATM I'm thinking keeping it as hood that drapes the shoulders, coattail top, bikini bottom, and some kind of thigh highs. Shoes I have no idea what to use lol. Oh right and glove on left arm probably opera style.

Also I'm going to try to finalize Fuel's design, and going back to redo Norah with a less masculine physique.

I am always SO jealous of your art skills, it looks amazing.

Argentus

View attachment 15770

View attachment 15769

Working on some manga character designs for a story. :) They're not finished yet and of course they'll be colored too.
Y u so gud tyaren?! I love em HOWEVER I will give one critique. Your girl there kinda has the same face as the girl Blash modeled. Maybe a different style of eyes?

I'm trying to get comp fixed so as to practice myself because I get tired of manually redrawing concepts so I just do rough sketches for now lol.

Here's two more concepts

Another attempt at redesigning Marie Batroc (wip not sure how I wanna design the grieves and gloves), but I took previous advice from you guys and deviated from the original design a lot more.

IMG_20151119_073342_312.jpg

Also here's the main bad guy of my comic story, Order, aka the Emperor.

IMG_20151119_074243_566.jpg

I need to adjust that mask to be less bug like and more menacing like the original sketch I drew years ago though.
IMG_20151114_111058.jpg

Thoughts?

indieanimator

Looks good, Argentus. Hope it goes well. Having a positive attitude & the energy to do something goes a long way.
Then just keep checking reference to see that your stuff looks as good as can be.

Don't know where else to post in the forum besides here & match finding/ggs. I'm a low-intermediate weekend PS3 casual player that wants to keep playing in part due to my GenFu Halloween costume being in the game.

Might as well share while I'm here.

SG_JtBB.png

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD