Creative Art Input Thread

synce

Haha I doubt I'll give you any ideas, I'm still new to furry. Foxes are real fun to draw though. Can you tell me a little about the character? I'll draw her after I get off work today

Argentus

Haha I doubt I'll give you any ideas, I'm still new to furry. Foxes are real fun to draw though. Can you tell me a little about the character? I'll draw her after I get off work today
Gaaah please don't call her a furry lol

Um...raised by forest dwelling clan of fox people. Functionally equivalent to wood elves. Trying to play up how violence and death is routine in nature so she keeps a cute look even when killing or seeing someone killed. Very agile, and keeps her cunning hidden. For example you'll never see her doing much beyond sitting off to the side on a branch or ledge, but off panel shell have taken out enemies, subdued her partner silvair when he gets out of hand, etc.

Going for a very "pure" theme with her.

Sorry I'm planning on fleshing her out more with the actual comic lol.

Role in the story is Silvair rescues her from an extermination squad, she then lives with him, starting to wear clothes (fox clan is very much pure nature), hence the kapris and vest so she doesn't feel confined and it doesn't restrict her movements. Takes the role of his sidekick, and moral anchor, eventually romantic interest. Far more capable than she let's on but content to just kinda hang back and watch, with a curious interest in everything. In a fight though she goes feral when serious, otherwise simply evading opponents like an actual fox.

That help? :)

Sylvie looks really cool.

Thanks. Looks cooler inmy head but that's why I'm practicing my art lol

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Its always that way man. Not to sound like a pompous ass here but the interesting thing is the more you draw your characters the more you discard "whats in your head" and incorporate "what works". Man, don't let your engines stall with drawing because you regress and its hard to start it back up again.

synce

Gaaah please don't call her a furry lol

Um...raised by forest dwelling clan of fox people. Functionally equivalent to wood elves. Trying to play up how violence and death is routine in nature so she keeps a cute look even when killing or seeing someone killed. Very agile, and keeps her cunning hidden. For example you'll never see her doing much beyond sitting off to the side on a branch or ledge, but off panel shell have taken out enemies, subdued her partner silvair when he gets out of hand, etc.

Going for a very "pure" theme with her.

Sorry I'm planning on fleshing her out more with the actual comic lol.

Role in the story is Silvair rescues her from an extermination squad, she then lives with him, starting to wear clothes (fox clan is very much pure nature), hence the kapris and vest so she doesn't feel confined and it doesn't restrict her movements. Takes the role of his sidekick, and moral anchor, eventually romantic interest. Far more capable than she let's on but content to just kinda hang back and watch, with a curious interest in everything. In a fight though she goes feral when serious, otherwise simply evading opponents like an actual fox.

That help? :)

Furry furry furry! I'm gonna furry the fuck out of her, sorry in advance :p The story sounds good, definitely keep at it. Although I know it's tough, it takes me at least 3 days to do one page and after that initial excitement wears off it just feels like work

Argentus

Furry furry furry! I'm gonna furry the fuck out of her, sorry in advance :p The story sounds good, definitely keep at it. Although I know it's tough, it takes me at least 3 days to do one page and after that initial excitement wears off it just feels like work
Lol so mean.

But yeah my main issue is my progress keeps halting as I stop drawing for a while now and then

synce

It can be hard to stay motivated yeah

Here's that sketch, I tried to bring out the animal in her a bit. Sorry if it's against your vision ;p

sylvie_argentus_by_deeezel-d8p7jfo.png

Argentus

It can be hard to stay motivated yeah

Here's that sketch, I tried to bring out the animal in her a bit. Sorry if it's against your vision ;p

sylvie_argentus_by_deeezel-d8p7jfo.png
Dohmygawd I love it. I love that my character got fan art before she even appears in the comic!

Mostly just proud of my character that someone wanted to do art of her! :3

Love your art of her so much!

Why can't I like more than once! D: oh cruel world

Also I can't tell. Is that shading under her nose or did you give her a black dog nose?

Last edited:

synce

Glad you like it! I suppose I should've added a little more detail the nose, but yeah she has a tiny snout in my mind :p

Argentus

Glad you like it! I suppose I should've added a little more detail the nose, but yeah she has a tiny snout in my mind :p
Your mind also gave her huge boobs lol

I like the mischevious look on her face too.

So yeah this is my phones new wallpaper lol. Hopefully you like some of the other characters once I've designed them but she's the only one I came up with whose supposed to be intentionally cute lol.

Here's some older sketches of Norah who I'm trying to finalize next.
905673_1595476174036105_3022873334445569751_o.jpg

11149700_1595476130702776_3617185025266630513_o.jpg

My phone can refuses to take clear pics anymore....anwyays she's a juggernaut at like 8-9 feet tall, visually inspired by Brandon Heat of Gungrave and Freya Crescent of FFIX. Thoughts? Not as cute I know, but Sylvie does ride around on norahs shoulder sometimes!

synce

Your mind also gave her huge boobs lol

I like the mischevious look on her face too.

So yeah this is my phones new wallpaper lol. Hopefully you like some of the other characters once I've designed them but she's the only one I came up with whose supposed to be intentionally cute lol.

Here's some older sketches of Norah who I'm trying to finalize next.
905673_1595476174036105_3022873334445569751_o.jpg

11149700_1595476130702776_3617185025266630513_o.jpg

My phone can refuses to take clear pics anymore....anwyays she's a juggernaut at like 8-9 feet tall, visually inspired by Brandon Heat of Gungrave and Freya Crescent of FFIX. Thoughts? Not as cute I know, but Sylvie does ride around on norahs shoulder sometimes!

I like a lot of things about her. How old is she? Any children? And how weird am I right now? Not but seriously tell me a bit more. I'd like to draw her too if I can find more free time.

Argentus

I like a lot of things about her. How old is she? Any children? And how weird am I right now? Not but seriously tell me a bit more. I'd like to draw her too if I can find more free time.
Age is...in flux at the moment. Middle aged id say (maybe late 30s early 40s.) No kids. Partnered with a swordsman named King, and as his bodyguard she is titled "Rook". (Ever heard of castling in chess?) A literal guard tower lol. Completely immovable when defending, she can literally float in he air, be standing on nothing to maintain her defense, should the ground beneath her be destroyed by an attack. Or other fleets like walking through walla and people as if they were air. Cant use that power if she goes on the offensive though. A grim expression most of the time and ruthlessly protective of King. There's more to her, but spoilers lol.

That's the rough idea of her. Can't decide on a last name for her.

And not weird at all I'm actually ecstatic you are interested in my characters.

Last edited:

synce

A girl protecting a dude? Blasphemy! No I'm kidding that's awesome. What's Norah's biggest weakness?

Also just curious how much work have you done on this comic, in terms of writing? Do you have the entire plot planned out? Is there good progress on the script etc

Argentus

A girl protecting a dude? Blasphemy! No I'm kidding that's awesome. What's Norah's biggest weakness?

Also just curious how much work have you done on this comic, in terms of writing? Do you have the entire plot planned out? Is there good progress on the script etc
Her flaw? Her stoicism. Unwilling to adapt or grow beyond her duty as guardian, which causes a major plot point as there is dispute whether she should follow the letter or the spirit of her role. Combined with that she must hide her warriors spirit due to how her guardian powers work.

I have overall plot and specific plot points and scenes, and trying a script, but there's still gaps in between key points, especially since I keep rearranging for new characters I think up.like every character has their role in the story so far. And its a looooong story.

synce

The amount of characters does seem overwhelming haha Have you thought about just writing a story and throwing in a few CGs here and there? Or maybe even doing it in a visual novel format? I tried something like that and it was a lot of fun. Much quicker than comic work too. There's a lot of ways to get your ideas out there

Argentus

The amount of characters does seem overwhelming haha Have you thought about just writing a story and throwing in a few CGs here and there? Or maybe even doing it in a visual novel format? I tried something like that and it was a lot of fun. Much quicker than comic work too. There's a lot of ways to get your ideas out there
I only understood half of what you just said lol.

Honestly I was wondering if other people would want to do side comics with my characters when they aren't involved with the main story but I'm not sure if that would backfire or not.

synce

lol Okay no worries. Comic collabs are a great idea btw. I can tell you firsthand it's much less stressful for the artist when he doesn't have to worry about writing, and I imagine the writer's happy about not having to draw. Of course it's probably impossible to find someone willing to work for free so there's that problem :p

Do you have any sketches of King or some guy I can put next to Norah?

Argentus

lol Okay no worries. Comic collabs are a great idea btw. I can tell you firsthand it's much less stressful for the artist when he doesn't have to worry about writing, and I imagine the writer's happy about not having to draw. Of course it's probably impossible to find someone willing to work for free so there's that problem :p

Do you have any sketches of King or some guy I can put next to Norah?
I'll do a sketch of King when I get back home. Hanging out with friend atm

Also

*pokes you*
Hey
You're an artist :)

Last edited:

Argentus

Haha maybe I sort of am. Here's my take on Norah. She's a little happy for some reason...

View attachment 9977
Here's a rough idea of King, although I'm not really happy with the design yet. He wound up being identical to king Bradley, in name and appearance, even though that character wasn't even part of the inspiration lol.

11102907_1595883130662076_3660614570881363628_o.jpg

I don't bother trying to make them look good till I have a real design going lol.

On your norah , I love her little faint smile! Although im torn on something. I actually like that jumpsuit you made for her and I wanna use that sometime. But in my pic she is wearing specific plated armor that's story significant. Then again your art so I don't care too much lol. Love seeing your drawings of these characters. I'm roughing out more ideas, I'll post more later.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD