Creative Art Input Thread

Argentus

I haven't posted any of my work here yet, but seen as how Ive gone from 2D to 3D, I figured I would share some of my stuff with you guys! Its all done in Blender (for now, moving to zBrush soon) and PS for textures.

lady_death_by_faceaway-d952h17.jpg

More below...

quake_2_grunt_by_faceaway-d957q9l.jpg

mariska_hargitay_by_faceaway-d94zt3m.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!
Awesome! I'm going back to school for 3d but I have to reteach myself since I haven't made a 3d model in 5 years and I'll be jumping right into finals. Need to fix my comp.

I dunno what blender is but I know brush is. I only know how to sculpt and import/export between Brush and Max though. Dunno how to do sub objects.

Hmm well I had an idea for a gangster loli but so far the designs are a lot lamer than I imagined

3caaf04ee23906aa28b58c0b30695cfe.png
a053e8fd1b6ca493e36d8d4f62942521.png
yess that happens to me all the time >.<
this was the last thing i scribbled out before misplacing my tablet pen.. i hope i find it soon :(
View attachment 13214
supposed to be Viola from SC

Just bought some new markers and a new sketchbook so I guess it's traditional city for me for a while.
Lol yeah this is the one of the two I didn't give up on

IMG_20150827_163735_962.jpg

I don't think her jacket was open but I don't remember the details or what color the pants were supposed to be. Supposed to be kind of a dumb blonde in a "good with machines and manual labor" tomboy way.

Blash

I dunno what blender is but I know brush is. I only know how to sculpt and import/export between Brush and Max though. Dunno how to do sub objects.

Blender is a free, community based 3D modelling program. Its great for the basics, geometry, topology and getting used to all the basic tools. Its pretty much a toned down version of Max or Maya. It makes you work extra hard at stuff that could be easier in other programs, thats what its a fantastic learning tool, but for the same reason, its not industry standard. Even though a lot of independent games have used it to make their 3D models for games.

If you could work Max you could work Blender. I'll have more stuff to upload in a few days, working on it as we speak...

Argentus

Blender is a free, community based 3D modelling program. Its great for the basics, geometry, topology and getting used to all the basic tools. Its pretty much a toned down version of Max or Maya. It makes you work extra hard at stuff that could be easier in other programs, thats what its a fantastic learning tool, but for the same reason, its not industry standard. Even though a lot of independent games have used it to make their 3D models for games.

If you could work Max you could work Blender. I'll have more stuff to upload in a few days, working on it as we speak...
Nice. My computers dead and I'm totally out of practice or id do the same -_-

Blash

Great stuff Blash, kinda gives me a Kameo vibe

And yay boobs
Thanks man, glad you like em'. Im trying to finish up something else today, I'll upload it here when its done. If you liked the Lady Death, then you should like the next one too.

Might even have an animation ready to share soon.

Argentus

Thanks man, glad you like em'. Im trying to finish up something else today, I'll upload it here when its done. If you liked the Lady Death, then you should like the next one too.

Might even have an animation ready to share soon.
God I love animation.

Fucking geek squad reformatted my portable hard drive when I took it to them to fix so I lost all my portfolio work from my school days. All I still have is what I uploaded to YouTube.

Wish I still had my 2d animation. It was awesome blew everyone in my class and my teacher away.

But I did find an old VN music video I made during my freshman year :3

synce

Hey I know that game :3

Animation's fun. I can do some simple 2d loops but that's about it

Looking forward to seeing your stuff

Argentus

Hey I know that game :3

Animation's fun. I can do some simple 2d loops but that's about it

Looking forward to seeing your stuff
Lol yeah my vid makes that game seem way more innocent than it is.

I made another slideshow amv and the only 3d animation I have is a quick dancing lamp. Cute but crappy.

Argentus

Okay fuck I need input. Going back to the daughter of tarantula design.

IMG_20150830_081210_569.jpg

I adjusted the mask and hair from her original appearance, and the general idea was to drop the spandex bodysuit for a corset, and leather jackets/pants, with high heeled boots. Going for kind of a dominatrix look, bayonetta style. BUT I was trying to keep the original tarantula emblem by the corset being black and acting as the center body, then black trim on the jack, possible belt, and pants, acting as the spider legs branching out.

The problem is I've tried several ways but keep erasing and trying agakng because it never looks right.

Any ideas? I'm also still debating if I want to keep the original "red outfit with black spider" or flip it for black leather and red corset and trim, though that's kinda cliché and too close to Black Widow.

Maybe an open jacket would work better, though that throws off the emphasis on the breasts a little bit.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Okay fuck I need input. Going back to the daughter of tarantula design.

View attachment 13226

I adjusted the mask and hair from her original appearance, and the general idea was to drop the spandex bodysuit for a corset, and leather jackets/pants, with high heeled boots. Going for kind of a dominatrix look, bayonetta style. BUT I was trying to keep the original tarantula emblem by the corset being black and acting as the center body, then black trim on the jack, possible belt, and pants, acting as the spider legs branching out.

The problem is I've tried several ways but keep erasing and trying agakng because it never looks right.

Any ideas? I'm also still debating if I want to keep the original "red outfit with black spider" or flip it for black leather and red corset and trim, though that's kinda cliché and too close to Black Widow.

Maybe an open jacket would work better, though that throws off the emphasis on the breasts a little bit.
she doesn't look very tarantula like, and i'm getting some Iron Fist vibes from that mask/collar combination.
2706098-tumblr_mdlx74xumf1qiknbco1_500.jpg

the emphasis should be on her abilities, think about what would be practical for her to fight in. Doesn't this character have blades of some sort? try to incorporate those into the design.
_
Sketchy doodle of what I wished Honoka looked like :honoka:
tumblr_ntzdzlrfU41ruta8ao1_540.jpg

wanted to make her less girly and more edgy/mysterious, i'll maybe come back to this and flesh this out more when I get a new tablet cause I could really push this further. I want her glove to look more like it's containing a hidden power.

also made these Harley Quinn designs before I lost my tablet pen :'(
Harleey.png

Allan Paris

Hello everyone. Some in the art in here is pretty good. I bounce around in threads from time to time, and look. Since this is the most recent and active one, I will post my work in here.

I am not doing comic work with my art. So what I am doing is not as detailed as most of the work I have seen in here :oops:. I am getting into the urban vinyl industry. If any of you guys are interested in me, the urban vinyl industry, or my art work. Check out my page on facebook.com.

I hope all of you can see the page. If not, I can post a pic or 2 in here. I am overly tired, and sleepy, as well as being lazy.. Just let me know if any of you can not see the page. Thanks :)

Argentus

she doesn't look very tarantula like, and i'm getting some Iron Fist vibes from that mask/collar combination.
2706098-tumblr_mdlx74xumf1qiknbco1_500.jpg

the emphasis should be on her abilities, think about what would be practical for her to fight in. Doesn't this character have blades of some sort? try to incorporate those into the design.
_
Sketchy doodle of what I wished Honoka looked like :honoka:
View attachment 13242
wanted to make her less girly and more edgy/mysterious, i'll maybe come back to this and flesh this out more when I get a new tablet cause I could really push this further. I want her glove to look more like it's containing a hidden power.

also made these Harley Quinn designs before I lost my tablet pen :'(
View attachment 13243
Tried a regular collar and some details on corset and jacket. Not liking it.

As for her abilities I'm trying to diverge from the "simple gender swap if her father" like with Batroc's daughter. In her case Tarantula is a standard martial artist known for poisoned blades in his boots so I'm having her focus more on poisons and corrosives. Although that would be kinda op as a main character so I'm debating if that's the right angle for her. Im making her thicker/more voluptuous, so she's not going to be a kicking fighter anymore, though. Or at least not like a gymnast anymore, leaving that to Marie for contrast. Turning her into more of a femme fatale/dominantrix type. Probably going to have poisoned nails/wires, etc. Just, again, trying to iron out the details and not sure if poisons like that would be too OP.

IMG_20150903_155924_992.jpg

And I love that alternate honoka by the way :)

WisperG

Ever had an awesome design go through your head as a fleeting thought, but when you try to sketch it down,

A) you don't remember it all right

And/or

B) your too damn tired to draw correctly so it doesn't look right?

This. So much.

I sometimes find that when I draw something that doesn't quite come out how I wanted it starts to taint my original mental image. Like a few months back I designed a character and when I drew him he came out... close, but not quite right. But now whenever I think about him all I can see is the version I drew, not the ideal, original picture I had in my head. Makes me hesitant to draw original characters sometimes. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Blash

This. So much.

I sometimes find that when I draw something that doesn't quite come out how I wanted it starts to taint my original mental image. Like a few months back I designed a character and when I drew him he came out... close, but not quite right. But now whenever I think about him all I can see is the version I drew, not the ideal, original picture I had in my head. Makes me hesitant to draw original characters sometimes. Anyone else ever have this problem?
I find a way to counteract this is when you get the idea and before you start working on it, gather up as much research as you can. What you have described @Argentus and @WisperG is very common for all artists. Having the reference there, keeps the original idea solid in your head, and gives you a 'reset' point in case the idea goes askew. Granted, this can lead to you copying parts of the reference, without realising which can be a problem in itself. This all just requires practice.

Try it next time. You will see that it helps. IMHO you should ALWAYS use as mush reference work as you can get your hands on. It will only make the finished product better.

Hope this helps!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Blash, so cool, that you are trying out 3D art. I've always wanted to try this out myself, but felt very intimidated and then the professional programs are also really expensive...

Little tip @Argentus, I'd draw the females head either a little bit bigger or the bodies a little bit smaller. I know, they are supposed to be super heroes/villains, still they look a bit too big and thus kinda manly.

Last edited:

Argentus

@Blash, so cool, that you are trying out 3D art. I've always wanted to try this out myself, but felt very intimidated and then the professional programs are also really expensive...

Little tip @Argentus, I'd draw the females head either a little bit bigger or the bodies a little bit smaller. I know, they are supposed to be super heroes/villains, still they look a bit too big and thus kinda manly

Speaking of manly... Remember the Captain of the Guard? I did some portraits for his character sheets:

View attachment 13308
Awesome! Though its bugging me that His hair goes in a different direction with each side lol. Facing left his hair sweeps to the right but its sweeping to the left if he faces right.

Yeah im trying to do better on proportions. I am explicitly going for a "curvy latina" build with this girl though, so she's a little thicker than her original design

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Awesome! Though its bugging me that His hair goes in a different direction with each side lol. Facing left his hair sweeps to the right but its sweeping to the left if he faces right.

Yeah, I noticed that too... I thought, it looked better that way and no one else beside me would notice anyway! XD Don't look at his collar. ;)

Argentus

Yeah, I noticed that too... I thought, it looked better that way and no one else beside me would notice anyway! XD Don't look at his collar. ;)
Lol you got lazy with the copy paste mirroring there.

Any other tips/suggestions for my "daughter of tarantula" design? Like I said I'm trying to male her more unique instead of a simple gender swap of her father. So I'm making her much more voluptuous and focusing more on poisons, for the "spider venom" angle instead of the "spiders sting" angle of her fathers generic kicks with blades in his boots.

I know I need to make the hips wider to make the hourglass figure though lol

DyByHands

Just let me know if any of you can not see the page. Thanks :)

It took me to Co-D. Pretty cool.
I like the star and character designs. I could see Noir particularly, having merchandise type stuff. I'd legit buy some stickers of that, to slap places. Cool!

Speaking of manly... Remember the Captain of the Guard? I did some portraits for his character sheets:

View attachment 13308

In love with this. Was this entirely done with a computer, or did it start as a pencil sketch? I am super new to using a computer for drawings. Really art as a whole, I am oldschool. So I am trying to obsorb information.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Any other tips/suggestions for my "daughter of tarantula" design?

To be completely honest, I don't have much expertise regarding super heroes/super villains. I'm not a big fan of comics of that sort. :/
Why does she have to voluptuous? I don't understand the connection of that and poison. How does she spread her poison by the way?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD