Day 10 of IPL's 12 Days of DOA: Game Play Footage Set 1

Day 10 of IGN Pro League's 12 Days of Dead or Alive 5 has arrived. Today they bring a few game play matches from their staff of players who have had some time with the August game build.

The characters in battle are Ayane, Bass, Eliot, Hayate, La Mariposa, Jann Lee, Lei Fang, and Rig. We also get to see the new stage "Home" and the tigers are finally shown off in "The Show". Personally, the tigers don't look anywhere near as annoying as Dead or Alive 4's cheetah because they are triggered by hitting the wall danger zone and the ring master announces their departure. You be the judge. All the matches from set one are on display below, but be sure to check out more info from doa.ign.com. My personal favorites are the Jann Lee & Hayate matches, and any match that has Bass winning. What can I say? I'm a pro wrestling fan. I just wish I could have seen his F5.

Second video around the six second mark. Can someone tell me how Ayane recovered from that counter so fast? Hopefully I'm missing something cause that recovery time looked non existent.

Edit: Bass actually looks good which is cool, Rig looks like an absolute monster though.

Why the dub, WHY?

Also it seems like whoever's playing is too focused on winning, even if it means playing exactly like DOA4. I haven't seen any interesting new setups or combos yet, but I haven't watched all the videos

Second video around the six second mark. Can someone tell me how Ayane recovered from that counter so fast? Hopefully I'm missing something cause that recovery time looked non existent.

Edit: Bass actually looks good which is cool, Rig looks like an absolute monster though.
Weren't they saying earlier that the recovery went from 17 frames(Alpha demo) to 13 frames(E3 demo). Either way, they need to bump the recovery back up a little bit :p

Weren't they saying earlier that the recovery went from 17 frames(Alpha demo) to 13 frames(E3 demo). Either way, they need to bump the recovery back up a little bit :p

I don't know frames but the recovery animation looks about half of what there is in DOA4. Do holds recover faster now than in DOA4? Cause it sure looks like it.

At the 0:07 Mark in the second video we still see the SAME FUKING BULLSHIT as in doa4... ayane holded on the first holdable frames of the stun, and thus she recovered in time to block the next attack.

The recovery from the holds is still TOO FUKING SHORT, ayane miss the hold and got REWARDED by being able to block the next attack.

TN has to fix this shit inmdediately... hte recovery of the holds HAS TO BE LONGER

EDIT: Im really, REALLY pissed off... i cant believe they arent fixing one of the worst problems in the game... if it stays this way... if people are able to hold inmediatly after getting hit and the hold recovery is so short that they will be able to block the next attack then this game will be a hold fest again and utter shit AGAIN.

I agree. Ayane got rewarded for making a mistake. I hope they fix this. I don't want to play a game that is built on a foundation of BS mechanics.

At the 0:07 Mark in the second video we still see the SAME FUKING BULLSHIT as in doa4... ayane holded on the first holdable frames of the stun, and thus she recovered in time to block the next attack.

The recovery from the holds is still TOO FUKING SHORT, ayane miss the hold and got REWARDED by being able to block the next attack.

TN has to fix this shit inmdediately... hte recovery of the holds HAS TO BE LONGER

EDIT: Im really, REALLY pissed off... i cant believe they arent fixing one of the worst problems in the game... if it stays this way... if people are able to hold inmediatly after getting hit and the hold recovery is so short that they will be able to block the next attack then this game will be a hold fest again and utter shit AGAIN.

Cant have a hold fest if the game has unholdable situations...something DoA4 really didn't have. Granted I 100% agree with what you said, but it's not going to be a hold fest at the level of DoA4, especially since the damage is more or less a joke on the holds now. But yes they do need to extend the hold. Holding once should leave you in recovery for a long ass time but I doubt that will ever happen. TN's already nerfed the CB...Why would they fix the hold?

For those unhappy with what you see, and those who are happy as well, I suggest you tweet TeamNINJAStudios your feedback and impressions.

Already did. I sent it to TecmoKoeiEurope, hope that was the right one. The TeamNINJAStudio is in japanese so didn't think there was any point in tweeting them, correct me if I'm wrong though.

Edit: Screw it it tried both.

And 2:07 from the Rig vs Elliot match we see the SAME BULLSHIT AGAIN, this time with the infamous low hold... Rig gets stunned, mashes hold in the first few frames...manages to block the follow up...

TN didnt learn a thing from the disaster that was doa4

*sigh* I was hopeful that the recovery time for counters would be longer than this. It's a simple fix that takes care of a lot of DOA players' concerns. But, it's still not the same as DOA4 regardless of how many times people say it is. There are different mechanics and some things have been fixed.

*sigh* I was hopeful that the recovery time for counters would be longer than this. It's a simple fix that takes care of a lot of DOA players' concerns. But, it's still not the same as DOA4 regardless of how many times people say it is. There are different mechanics and some things have been fixed.

Some things have been fixed, that is true, sidestepping for one now works, and im happy for that. But that doesnt change SHIT, if hold recovery is so fast that holding in the first few frames AFTER being hit allows you to block the following attack then the game will suck even with all this sit down stuns and nice sidestepping and whatever.

THE GAME STILL REWARDS YOU FOR FUKING UP IN THE FIRST FRAMES YOURE ALLOWED TO FUK UP

That moment right there has killed almost all my hope for doa 5. I sincerely hope they do somthing about that. Countering out of stun, failing, and lisa can't even follow up...really. :(

The biggest reason why doa 4 became trash, and they've changed it back, what the hell. Needs like 40 frames recovery for being a fuktard and guessing, and abusing the counter system to escape without any thought.

Rewarded for being terrible, brings a tear to my eye thinking about how this game will die if this doesnt change.

Some quick notes

- Sidestepping, while underutilized by the players, still seems to work great when it was actually used!
- Burst stuns are way to rare.
- As already stated, safe counters are annoying.
- I heard stance transitions were unsafe but these videos didn't really portray that well, they seemed to mix people up decently well for the most part. I will assume that's mostly due to lack of experience against those tactics, but I was happy to see them utilized well.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD