Day 7 of IPL's 12 Days of DOA: Bass Breakdown

Day 7 is here. Bryan has put up his breakdown of Bass Armstrong. Suffice it to say, he's better than he was in DOA4 by far. The guy is back to being a scary monster with powerful attacks and devastating throws. I'll summarize the article for all the Bass fans out there: :cool:

Basst.jpg

DrDogg said:
While Bass won’t be playing the stun game very often (most of his attacks are single hit knock down moves), his Critical Burst is one of the best in the game. It’s about the same speed as most other Critical Burst attacks, but it’s safe if blocked. Couple this with the fact that it stuns on normal hit (the opponent can counter out of this stun), and you have a very dangerous attack on your hands.

Against Bass, you have quite a few things to worry about. If you block any of his guard breaks he has advantage in the best case scenario, and is safe in the worst case scenario. If you attack in the middle of his two hit strings, you risk being put in a sit-down stun. If you block, you’re eating another guard break. If you side step, you may eat a throw, and if you break the throw you’re still at a disadvantage. Then if Bass connects with various attacks, it slams you to the ground and gives him a guaranteed ground throw… which leaves at advantage yet again. The only real weakness Bass has is the fact that he’s a little slower than other characters, but we when say, “a little” we mean that. The difference is minimal and hardly noticeable in most cases.

Source: IGN Pro League via DrDogg

Although I do agree he was made better in DOAD, I personally didn't have any more fun with than in DOA4, which wasn't much. However, I see myself having tons of fun with him if he stays this way until for the rest of time.

I guess it's a preference thing (: he had more useful launchers as well as useful moves during back-turned, so I had some fun with those mix-ups =P

DOA4/D Bass was a gimmicky character who had to rely on weird mix-ups and unreliable tools (ie charge grab, which to this day is one of the worst thing in any 3D game).

These changes give me a lot of hope. They've tightened him up moves-wise, which corresponds with his leaner/meaner build.
Anything could be better than his garbage in DOA4

Hitomi is the famale version of karate kid lol anyway, glad 2 see that TN is trying thier best 2 balance doa5, I wish them thier very best, looking foward 2 play doa5 when it comes out SEPTEMBER 25 WOOOOOOOO!!!! :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD