Dead or Alive 2: The New 56 (Dreamcast Mod Series)

Ayane000.pngTinaGreenhoeLiveFor1.pngBaymanLaurenNew56Era.png

Hello There, Welcome To My Dreamcast Mod Series!

This Certainly Won't Be On Any Dreamcast Mini.

KasumiAlphaNewEra565.pngTinaGreenNew56Era.pngRabbitNew56Era.png
AyaneKasumiNew56era.pngBassPosterNew56Era.pngJannNew56Era.png

Let's Give You The Lite Lowdown On How This All Came Together.

The Final, The Prequel, The Vanilla & The Prototype Timelines Now Dubbed The New 56.

BaymanNew56Era.pngKasumiTinaNew56Era.png

Fourteen Characters X Four Timelines = 56!

--------The Final Timeline-------

Final 2021/Tengu Edition, The Final Rehash, Loving Twice, Five By Five, Twenty Eight.

One Zero, Wishful Mags, Code Chronus, All Bets Are Off, 42 O'Clock.

Fiction Of Life, What Awaits You, Not So Premium, A Different Look.

Trust Tina Plan, Dive Into 56 & Ending The 56.

--------The Prequel Timeline--------

Time Ninja, Loving Infinity, 7th Heaven, Cloud 9, End The 28, Action 28, Vanilla Bonkers

Dive The 42, Playmakers, Five Stars Match, Whatever Else, Trust Kasumi Plan, Five Six Cheated

Not So New 70.

--------The Vanilla Timeline---------

The New 42, Cursed Danger, Yawning All Day, Phoning This In, Close The K-Files, Trust Ayane Plan.

56 O'Clock Show & Live For 56.

----------The Prototype Timeline------------

The New 56, Before February & Hold Tina Budget.

We Truly Are In The Prime Of This Series!

History Is Important. Real Knowledge Is Also Important. So Is Archiving Which Is Also Very Important!

BassJannTag1.jpgBassLeiEraNew56.png

Now Today? Forty-Two Chapters Worth Now.

You get FIVE Builds worth off content with full off New Costumes, Music, Dialogue & Stages. My Main Goal was always overall Presentation itself.

I may not be in the top talent of this Mod Community. Oh boy have I done my Absolutely Best to Overhaul this Legendary Game from top to bottom!

Alot more to do & discover though.

https://archive.org/details/@cpldwaynehicks11

BassleiNew56.pngZackTinaNew56Era.png

For All The CDI's & GDI's, U Need. Back Up The Newest Releases If You Want Too.

This Works On Real Dreamcast Hardware & Emulators!

https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=7562

Read up everything that was started up by Mr. Green Ranger & then myself included. Overhypely.

Page 7, 8 & 19 for those Hex Address's!

https://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/2015/09/dead-or-alive-2-final-hits-dreamcast.html?m=0

The Dreamcast Junkyard Blog, they did a nice enough writeup long time ago. So overdue for New Update, please!

Thanks to Victor MK on YouTube for playing this series.

I Love Dead or Alive 2 on the Dreamcast just as much as Shenmue 1 & 2.

Since 2000, I've been thinking about this everyday. I think about why couldn't we have Dead or Alive: Hard*Core on the Dreamcast?!

The Dreamcast can do what the PlayStation 2 can do! The Naomi Library proving that already right now.

So Yeah That's Been My Main Goal, My Reality My Today For Everyone To Play.

So Yes Hopefully Can Keep On Moving Forwards, So Please Enjoy.

Five By Five!

HayateJannNew56Era.pngAirTina56.png
HayateGreenhorn12.pngTinaKasumi00.png

Last edited:

I play DOA for the Plot. If you haven't played Hold Tina Budget nor Ending The 56 well here couple videos for your missing out part.

Plan for The New 70 bring in the PAL version as was first version I played. Bringing every version together but right now my eyesight not good right now. My decade old Computer acting up so did everything I could with last few Chapters. I mean 300 Costumes worth? Like Come On! So I couldn't make The New 56 a Hit here hey that doesn't matter.

As I said before wasn't going to wait on anyone else again glad done this for myself. Hopefully the Playstation 2 Stages becomes a Reality with The Naomi Library in future time.

First Videos on PlayStation 2 stages officially playable on the Dreamcast now as in Today. Tone down the volumes though still long ways ways to go as you should know adding Walls & all.

Great Achievement has been made here.

I'm curious how Esppiral got the Hardcore Assets. I couldn't find anything that could help me open/extract the tgs (textures) and psp (models) files.

HRCV Tool would need Special Tabs with very Specific settings for all the game designs, that could be a overkill for VincentNL alone. Someone got to make a move on 18 Wheeler, Sports Jam, House Of The Dead on how they would all workout.

Stages still need the Walls, Multi-Tier Floors, Looping & having them usable for Cut-Scenes. Everything on the Hex assuming the Prototype Debug option has answered all this maybe. Like to crack the standard Danger Zone code make The Blanca new Tag stage replacement, I can dream.

Can't add new costume slots without the crashing but sure can replace useable slots with the Hard*Core outfits put in. Last Two Chapters made sure both January build & the Final build done to the fullest. So when the time comes can easily just replace stages & costumes for yourselves.

If you haven't yet played Hold Tina Budget & Ending The 56 your missing out!

I can see many making new custom CDIs & GDIs with a few replacements across the web. Comes down to DOA2 here already overhauled the game up from top to bottom. Redo the Story Mode first before going into Mugen Land. Want to be making full on release here more so then just 10 minute CDI/GDI Glory.

Fulfilling The Dream, just ain't investing in a New Computer just for Blender alone ah well. Keep a eye on all the good progress I say.

HelenaRant1.pngTinaRant2.pngRyuHayabusaRant3.pngBaymanRant4.pngLeiFangNotSo70.png

Low Key unlocked Chapter 41 To 50 Era. Not quite The New 70 due to GDI PAL/USA Issues not hiding my own disappointment with this issue.

CDI

GDI

So Enjoy The New 56 while I can still make these. Future Releases are not going to be fast as before which sucks honestly.

It's Still Thinking, so enjoy the tacked on New 70 content only on the Dreamcast!

New Redesigns for the Opera House, Demon Church, Bio-Lab & The Aerial Garden.

DemonChurchFloor.pngimage-11.pngStatueHouse.pngKasumiCloningBioRoom.png

Don't wait upon for Lady Decade to tell you about The Naomi Library, this Remaster & The New 56 here. So why keep on being stuck playing the Retail Outlet on your Dreamcast today.

My Newest chapter Not So New 70 perfectly available right above to play. Good while before I start typing up Chapter 42, so don't take all this for granted.

AyaneLeiLive32.pngBassTinaLive412.pngHayateGreenhornLive10.pngJannGreenhornLive5.pngKasumiTinaLive1.png

The New 70 was meant to bring in every Dreamcast version together well that didn't happen.

I'm just going to keep on building up the Four Timelines with Five Builds that's fair & square.

CDI

GDI

New SD Remaster video showcasing all craftsmanship making those new redesigned stages. This should be Bigger News among the Dreamcast Channels, just you wait till Shenmue gets this treatment.

The New 56 & the SD Remaster the only versions I'm playing on my Dreamcast today. Great times ahead no excuses at all so enjoy.

Potential Four Unused Cut-Scenes on Top here using your Hex Editor.

170929 - Bamboo Stage Cut-Scene? - FF 2B 02 FD 04 FD 14

170610 - Kasumi & Ayane In Editor Room Stage 06 - 05 0D 06

170760 - Kasumi & Lei Fang At The Miyama - 0C 00 05 00 12

170760 - Hayate & Helena At Demon Church - 03 07 0C

170777 - Tengu Jumping At The Miyama - 0D 11 12

1707B0 - Zack Ending - 00 FF FE FE 1B

1707C0 - Leon Ending - 08 FF FE FE 19

170620 - Ayane Ending - 0D FF FE FE 12

1707F0 - Kasumi & Alpha Kasumi REALTIME - 05 05 FE FD 0E

170630 - Kasumi & Ayane White Storm X3 - 05 0D FE 00

1707C0 - Tina & Bass Living Room (Catwalk) - 01 02 FE FE 1D

1707D0 - Tina & Bass Living Room - 09 FD 01 02 1D

170730 - Tina & Bass On Mountain Cliff Side - 0E 00 1C

1707E0 - Ryu Hayabusa & Kasumi Win Top Ariel Gardens - 04 05 01

1707F0 - Ryu Hayabusa & Kasumi Win Lower Ariel Gardens - 04 04 1A

170720 - Jann Lee At The Miyama - 02 FF FE FE 12

170710 - Leon & Lauren At The Dragon Hills - 08 10 15

170700 - Gen Fu & Tengu At The Miyama - 06 11 12

1706E0 - Lei Fang Ending At The Miyama - 0C FF FE FE 12

1706A0 - Danger Zone Opening Cut-Scene? - FF FF FE FE 09

170740 - The Night Ariel Garden Firefly Scene? - FF FF FE FE 01

170740 - Ayane & Kasumi Blue Cave - 05 0D 03

170790 - Ayane & Kasumi Blue Cave - 05 0D 03

170800 - Kasumi & Alpha At The Demon Church? - 05 05 OC

170810 - Ayane & Helena Opera House Again? - 07 0D 0A

170810 - Dragon Hills Opening Cut-Scene - FF FF FE EF 15

170910 - Jann Lee Koku-an Scene? - 02 FD FE FD 2C

Could be missing a few somewhere as already posted up other half before here. I believe the unused cut-scenes are disabled, surely all the animation exists right? Camera isn't perfect & crashes can happen if you change up everything certain stages, Trial & Error.

I'll be Overhauling up the January & February Prototypes soon enough.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD