Dead or Alive 3 Custom Skins/Costumes thread

saikyom

are there any additional steps beside copying the files to the "....TDATA\54430000" folder ?
some costumes work but others don't show up, like I got all for bayman, but only the 2 default ones for christie .

CoYoTe

are there any additional steps beside copying the files to the "....TDATA\54430000" folder ?
some costumes work but others don't show up, like I got all for bayman, but only the 2 default ones for christie .
Try ninja toolbox and follow these steps
Use Ninja Toolbox
Open loadfile.afs
Select a cat and a xpr set that you want to replace but it must be of the same size(example:if the name of both files that you want edit is jan02 search jan02 through Ninjatoolbox)

Last edited:

usagiZ

Hey guys, I compiled the costumes I've made for DOA3 so far - and I've also updated the costumes from my previous post here.

4MTOkIC.jpg

Get them here -

-Edit- I made some adjustments to a few of the costumes, there were a few things I missed before compiling them all.
Please let me know if you encounter any issues with them.

Last edited:

CoYoTe

Hey guys, I compiled the costumes I've made for DOA3 so far - and I've also updated the costumes from my previous post here.

4MTOkIC.jpg

Get them here -

There could be some issues with the costumes that I didn't notice, so feel free to let me know if you spot any.
I want to know how did you do that
Even the doa2 ones
Btw great costumes

uln

awesome pack! i'd love to learn what methods you are using so I could transfer ryu's falcon ninja suit from doa2u into doa3

Gultigargar

@usagiZ Just wanted to let you know that I ran into an issue with 'leiA7' crashing the game on my Xbox. Haven't tested on emulator yet. Haven't tested 'leiA8' yet either, but if the only difference between the two is textures then it probably also causes crashes.

usagiZ

@Gultigargar Ah ok -- thank you. I must've used an invalid value in the cloth physics. I tested them on emulator before compiling, and didn't have any crashing - so it might be xbox specific?

I did re-upload a quick fix of some of the costumes, including leiA5-A6-A7-A8, since they all use the same skirt + physics (I wasn't a fan of the over bouncy look) - Maybe that fixed the crashing -- I can't actually test them myself on anything other than emulator.

guiltytrace

4MTOkIC.jpg

Get them here -

-Edit- I made some adjustments to a few of the costumes, there were a few things I missed before compiling them all.
Please let me know if you encounter any issues with them.
I saw your Ryu moveset video and have to ask how you built the Red Muffler costume. It looks perfect and is something I want to try to get my hands on for the Ninja Gaiden Master Collection.

That's why having more than 128 costumes placed in the "....TDATA\54430000" folder is not a good idea.
The game will load only 256(FFh) cat and xpr files in the order shown bellow, that makes 128 costumes. This means that the more costumes you have, the more costumes for characters at the bottom of the list will not be loaded, starting with Christie. Like, the pack of costumes from the first post has almost 400 files, that's ~200 costumes, 70 costumes will not be loaded. Remove the costumes you don't use, and leave less than 129 in the save folder. Only 7 costumes per character are used.

the costumes will be loaded in this order:
Code:
00 zac ZACK
01 tin TINA
02 jan JANN-LEE
03 kte EIN
04 ryu HAYABUSA
05 kas KASUMI
06 gen GEN-FU
07 hik HELENA
08 bay LEON
09 bas BASS
0A lei LEIFANG
0B aya AYANE
-0C     TENGU
0D sam BAYMAN
0E nin HAYATE
0F kor HITOMI
-10 bni GENRA
11 sui BRAD-WONG
12 gok CHRISTIE

Last edited:

IsaacFX

This post is absolutely awesome, thanks you guys!
I can confirm all of this stuff works on a modded Xbox 360 (the Xbox Emulator is modded too, region free and that stuff) so, you can install all the costumes you want in any version of DoA 3

dcooper

Greetings FSD!

I've been working on a lot of costumes for DOA3 for a while now, and I figured that some of you might be interested in getting some - maybe even all - of them.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/67i91pv9b5pp1m2/DOA3_costumes.rar

Here are some previews of the skins I made as well as some in-game models I extracted and made useable:

Getting the costumes to work in-game is actually very simple. You connect to your Xbox via FTP and then place the costume files in the folder where your DOA3 save is located. The American DOA3.0 and the Japanese DOA3.1 share the same folder named "54430001" and their saves are unfortunately not compatible with each other. The European DOA3.2 has it's own folder named "4d53002d".

Unfortunately there seems to be no way to get custom skins to work when you emulate DOA3 on an Xbox360. Or at least it didn't work when I tried it with a friend of mine. I'd love to be proven wrong about this, though.

If you're interested in doing some texture mods yourself, you can extract the costumes from your own copy of DOA3 using a program called AFSExplorer. Once that's done you can use the program GreedXplorer to extract and insert textures as well as preview your skin.
Tgj20UH.jpg

aWGPz7r.jpg

qi78wLh.jpg

ZUpN1Y1.jpg

SyvsOdC.jpg

ARbOWYW.jpg

gXL6J1w.jpg

dmqZomW.jpg

qZdsNRW.jpg

SkZj7gi.jpg

AF0SB60.jpg

5hAwYia.jpg

RogG8ul.jpg

ly2WVa8.jpg

FkFbhYK.jpg

ptig2tm.jpg

1KIPiXL.jpg

1AwYKxc.jpg

7AERJVn.jpg

usagiZ's custom costumes:
https://www.freestepdodge.com/threa...skins-costumes-thread.4698/page-5#post-404281
https://www.freestepdodge.com/threa...skins-costumes-thread.4698/page-7#post-417158

Modding tutorials:
http://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...skins-costumes-thread.4698/page-2#post-232634
http://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...skins-costumes-thread.4698/page-2#post-232703
http://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...skins-costumes-thread.4698/page-2#post-232813

GreedXplorer: https://www.mediafire.com/file/a0vb4emifw10u9z/GreedXplorer.rar/file
I put the files in the dead or alive 3 ++ id save data folder utdata but when I boot up the game in story mode the costume slots don't appear?

Edit: I figure it out I had to put them in the tdata folder

Last edited:

CoYoTe

Could you possibly upload Hitomi's GI costume without her shirt, similar to the one in your profile pic or at least the version from DOA2U?
Unfortunately there's no way to remove the shirt beacuse when you remove it her Cleavage is invisible since the shirt and her cleavage are one part instead of 2 like in doa2u.

MarkPeng

大家好,我是來自中國台灣的十五歲男孩,我從以前就一直關注這裡,但直到今天我仍然無法製作DOA3的服裝,請問有誰可以指導我嗎?謝謝你們!:D(2019-今天只會導入模型到greed xplorer和在cxbx增加新服裝XD)

WiseGuy75

I've begun modding DOA3 again. I don't have a capture card so I'll take some pics when I can, but here are some modified Tina outfits.
TIN00: DOAD/custom hybrid with elbow pads, leg pads and beta ab texture (but doesn't show up as intended due to model's lighting properties)
View attachment 31011

TIN01 + TIN02: C1 with more defined beta ab texture restored and black elbow pads
View attachment 31012
View attachment 31013

TIN03:Cowboy outfit with beta ab texture (again, it's still the beta ab texture but for some reason it doesn't show up as much as the C1)
View attachment 31014

How do I install these because there are only the .xpr files and no .cat files?

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
It would be interesting if we can find the key for the character's max costume array. And also be interesting to find where it might be that it recognizes the modded costumes in random character select. That's not an easy task but just something i'd love to have for DOA3.
This section counts the files:
oqH2ggs.png

The section directly below controls which outfits are in which slots:
lApxsrG.png

This section says how many costume slots per character:
YlBqTsc.png

This section says how many alts per line:
s8BJnPi.png

Here's my WIP Ghidra project file: https://github.com/ryu-highabusa/COMDATsamba/blob/main/Sample/2002-02-08_DOA31 Default.xbe.gzf

Does anyone have bas01.xpr hacked to work correctly? Y'know his "Cow"boy outfit from the reveal trailer? It's included on the disc but it's in an older format and looks off. I know I downloaded a fixed version years ago but I can't seem to find it now. I'm not sure where the incompatibility is or else I'd fix it myself. I wish we could restore some of the other stuff from this build like the more dramatic cliff drop on Lost World and Hayate's cut outfit.

Last edited:

Gultigargar

I tried giving this a go by increasing character slot-counts and giving the alt costumes their own costume slots. But the amount of cotume slots a character had on the character select screen didn't change.
I'm guessing there's somewhere else, in addition to the slot count address, that controls how many costume slots a character has. Probably related to how most characters start with 2 and then have to unlock additional ones.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD