Dead or Alive 5 Helena

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
DOA2U Helena had limbo stun and +5 on a deceptive low. I don't think DOA5 Helena know what + means. It's a foreign symbol to her.

DOA3.1 Helena had guard breaks and a nice sidestep from BKO, plus retained the good parts of her DOA2 gameplay.

DOA5 Helena is ridiculously unsafe and can't use any new DOA5 tools effectively other than sidestepping. Unless the opponent is stunned, she has no offense or has to fight for every inch. With Rig and Bass I can just press buttons and my offense starts. It's a stark contrast.
Well, i play Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate and Dead or Alive 3 pretty often with Helena.
I think i may do fine in Dead or Alive 5, even though Helena was majorly nerfed.
Is there anything else that i need to take caution of?

Omegan Eckhart

Well, i play Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate and Dead or Alive 3 pretty often with Helena.
I think i may do fine in Dead or Alive 5, even though Helena was majorly nerfed.
Is there anything else that i need to take caution of?

You are basically gonna be stuck playing DOA4 whilst other characters can play DOA5. You can't pressure blocking opponents seeing a you don't get + frames on pretty much anything, if they block anything you get grabbed, your sit down stuns are pretty much useless, you can't CB easily and your only CB attack is a mid punch. So they only mix up you will have is between mid punch and grab.

TRI Mike

Didn't read the entire thread.

How do you know P+K still crushes¿ Does 6P+K causa a sit-down stun like in DOA4¿

Omegan Eckhart

Didn't read the entire thread.

How do you know P+K still crushes¿ Does 6P+K causa a sit-down stun like in DOA4¿

DrDogg told us that in an updated build that it now goes under high attacks. They added it shortly after we started commenting on DrDogg's Helena breakdown.

DrDogg you said that 214P is the only stand alone sit down stun Helena has, does that mean she has counter hit sit down stuns? If so can you tell us what they are?

DrDogg

DrDogg you said that 214P is the only stand alone sit down stun Helena has, does that mean she has counter hit sit down stuns? If so can you tell us what they are?

It means that all of her other sit down stuns are not single hits or at least not the first hit in a combo string. They're all mid punches too. Fun times!

Omegan Eckhart

It means that all of her other sit down stuns are not single hits or at least not the first hit in a combo string. They're all mid punches too. Fun times!
Can you tell me what the strings are, or are they new ones I wouldn't be familiar with?

Zeo

I wouldn't really call it hatred when she was bottom tier in every other game she was in too, aside from 4 of course.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I wouldn't really call it hatred when she was bottom tier in every other game she was in too, aside from 4 of course.

She was high tier in Dimensions as well. Still, if she finally became good and now all of sudden sucks so much that she's likely the worst in the game (maybe even in her own bottom tier) I can't help but wonder what their doing. It was more of a sarcastic jest when I said that they hate her, but it does seem entirely plausible.

Omegan Eckhart

She was high tier in Dimensions as well. Still, if she finally became good and now all of sudden sucks so much that she's likely the worst in the game (maybe even in her own bottom tier) I can't help but wonder what their doing. It was more of a sarcastic jest when I said that they hate her, but it does seem entirely plausible.
They want her to be a character that only good players can win with. But they can't make her hard to use because It's impossible to make DOA characters challenging to use based on how execution works in the game. So they made her worse hoping it would have the same effect.

DR2K

She was just a victim of poor balance choices, now they've gone full retard on purpose.

ILYA✰

On off-gameplay note, what do you guys hope to see in her Story?
I wish there'd be more stuff with the Mistresses ;)

Christie is surely going to be there, and Kokoro... Maybe Helena and Zack will have some scenes together??

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
On off-gameplay note, what do you guys hope to see in her Story?
I wish there'd be more stuff with the Mistresses ;)

Christie is surely going to be there, and Kokoro... Maybe Helena and Zack will have some scenes together??

I'd like some further story development. Maybe she tries to kill Bayman/Christie, or dies trying to.

I don't know. Something a little more interesting.

Omegan Eckhart

Can you tell me whether 4PPP causes sit down stun? Also what effect do her 3in1's have on hit?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD