DOA5U Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade ver. 1.04 change log

ooooo Tina got buffed... Really didnt need it but hell ill take it!! Glad her 4k is even safer.. Her 2k is safe now ( I use that a lot to poke) People are gonna have an even harder time fighting me... LOL yall ready ????

Last edited by a moderator:

ScattereDreams

Eliot's 6P+K was already a great move as a whiff punisher for players who have great zoning and footsie capabilities. Now as a bound it's really going to force players to respect the move even more. The trade off for being a bound is making it unsafe. I can deal with it.

Ghosty-J

I actually like these Akira changes. It's not what we used to have frame-wise, but it's a start. Nothing too major or exciting, which suits me fine.

iThe Apprentice

Okay so...
For my boo :eliot: Eliot I got...

Eliot
  • 6P+K: Changed to backside bound on hit. Guard advantage changed from -6 to -11F.
  • Awww..... I liked whiff punishing!!!! But now it's a bound!!! Bitches better watch the EFF OUT!
  • 4K: Guard advantage changed from -10 to -6F.
  • YESSS!!!! Now this move is 200x more useful than it already was!
  • PP2P, etc.: Counter Hit and above advantage changed from +29 to +19F
  • WUT DE FUK TN?! DEH MOVE ESS CRAP NAO! Y U GOTTA BE NERF DAT?!
  • 2K: Normal hit advantage changed from -5 to -2F.
  • Not something very major but I'll take it as my new poking tool!!!

ScattereDreams

At max range Eliot's 4k couldn't be punished anyway. You wouldn't be using it up close due to speed unless your opponent has tendencies to SS often. However I'd still use p4p over 4k because p4p is a faster poking tool and has 50/50 options. So 4k being safer is kinda meh whatever.. I still think it should limbo stun like Jann Lee's 4f+k but I'll take what I can get.

David Gregg

Could be the bound animation they're referring to but if it is a back turned bound which would be kinda awkward (haven't seen any other bound done on back turned opponents) then it's usable after F+K. However Eliot already has 9k launcher to for F+K

Right but 9k is stance dependent whereas 6P+K is always guaranteed after F+K. Was sort of hoping they could return the stun property but I won't complain it's better than nothing.

QueenJakheiho

Eliots 6p+k bound stun, hell yeah!
What would i give for they bring the guaranteed h+k 6p+k 6h+k juggle back from vanilla. But he is now buffed and not nerfed again, so all Eliot Player should now :)

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
You're right, I should be happy she wasn't hit with the nerf bat like many others.
Only Mila nerf that is actually bad is the 6T, looks like the lows are nerfed around the board. She might have lost her 8PP options when not near a wall. This is bad if you use 6T throw punishes a lot.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
My Thoughts on Ayane:

Buffs;

- 4P, BT4P and BTPP6P's launch heights are likely to be reverted back to how it's launch height originally was.

- PP6PK and 6PK received a damage increase from 26 to 30. This means her best front turned string just got better, universally (especially with wallsplats).

- 4P~K, BT4P~K, and BTPP6P~K's wall knockback distance was increased from 3m to 4m.

- 236K (drill kick) wall knockback distance was increased from 4m to 5.

- 3PP is now -3 on Normal Hit instead of -9, leaving Ayane relatively safe to use her BT8P or other things. She is no longer throw punishable this way. To compensate for it's new safety, 3P's delayable frames have more than likely been reduced a bit as well.

- 2K's advantage on Normal Hit has been changed from -6 to -2.

Slight Tweaks;

- 6P's damage has been reduced from 22 to 18. Nothing really major here for i13 frame mid. Doesn't affect it's crush properties at all.

- 8KK's guard advantage increased from +18 to +20. This is incorrect, 8KK is actually -18 on block, not +18. Regardless, it doesn't make a difference really. Still unsafe as hell.

- Mid kick hold (6H), not exactly sure what's new with it, I'll have to see for myself when the patch is released.

- 2H+K, 6K2K, PP6K2K, 3PK and 33P2K's counter hit advantage on hit was changed from +23 to +18. This only means that it's easier to stagger escape, so really only a jab or her fastest mids will catch the stagger escape. Which is honestly, just fine, because 6P3 exists and this forces a must hold 50/50 mix up anyway.

Nerfs;

- BTPP6K guard advantaged changed from -11 to -16, no longer continous guard. This more than likely means that BTPP6KK4 will no longer jail like 66KK4 doesn't. Not exactly a big deal, but it is definitely a nerf.

My Thoughts on Genfu (my pocket character):

LOLUMAD?

My Thoughts on Jannlee (my recently new pocket character):

Buffs;

- 6P changed from i12 to i11. Definitely helps him in his match ups across the board (basically all of them are more fair for him in CQC again). He'll still have problems in the same match ups as he did before his i12 change in the beginning of 5U. But keep in mind he has an i12 K for those pesky problems too (ask me if you have no idea what I'm talking about).

Tweaks;

- 2P is -1 on hit again to compensate for his i11 mid.

Regardless, none of these changes affect my superior zoning with Ayane and Jannlee (even Genfu and I know how to do it). Strong whiff punisher with evasive movement is still strong. Genfu is still Genfu, Jannlee is still great at footsies and zoning.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
@DR2K

The crouching hurtbox was raised higher. there are mid attacks in the game that whiff on her and Christie crouching, worse in certain position angles.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Okay, so Hitomi got those frame data and damage nerfs, but in addition, they changed something about 4ppp and similar strings. My hopeful guess is that they removed the "osu" animation, which would be a significant buff. Now the resulting bound could be actually useful.

Also, 8ppp is changed to a bound on NH. Slight buff?

So overall, she might have not been nerfed but only changed.

Koompbala

The article on SRK says Eliots 5K not 4K but on here its 4K. So which is it 4K or 5K cause they both are -10 so I'm confused.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD