DOA5U Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade ver. 1.04 change log

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
pretty solid buffs for Leon i was actually nervous TN would backpeddle on his air throw buff after seeing my environmental combo vid. Had no idea Leon had slower crouch frames then everyone else... this whole time i've been playin gimped.

-Definitely love the buff to 33p he already can get a guaranteed unshakeable stun follow up with his 7p headbutt but required him to use 33p right in the opponents face to connect, now it should be able to connect when used at any range.

-8pp no longer causing wall hit is also a good bonus

-Not sure what they mean when changed the ukemi timing with desert falcon. hopefully hes still at +23 when teched

otherwise i have no complaints

Ein has/had slower crouch frames as well.

NightAntilli

I think he liked scoring it as a trip on CH by crushing highs. Ryu's 2K used to be similar in function until they nerfed it to be standing state as well. Now the move is far less useful.
Yep. Of course I liked it as a trip. It's fast (15 frames), and on fastest slow escape, it grants you +12 on counter hit. 2P, which is equally as fast, grants you +0 on both counter and high counter hit. Her 2F+K is generally too slow for up close, especially against characters like Christie and Sarah. She has no other quick lows.

leifang has a zillion crush moves shell be alright lol.
Yeah.. And all of them are at least -12 on block -.-

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. The difference between -7 and -8 is the difference between being punished by a breakable throw or an unbreakable throw. That is a big difference

That is correct with the exception that it's still grappler command throw punishable.

NightAntilli

That 1p is throw punishable on hit...
Really? It's -3 according to the frame data in the game. And even if it is throw punishable, so is Leifang's 2K currently, at -6. Doesn't mean they are not useful on counter hit. Gen Fu's 1P on counter hit gives more advantage than Leifang's 2F+K, plus it's faster. Gen Fu has another low move to at least slightly compensate for his 2K loss. Leifang has nothing.

Commmanda Panda

they will be location testing these changes right? so it's possible that some things may not be included or other things to be added?

DR2K

Helena breakdown

• 2H+K, etc.: Counter Hit and above Critical changed. (There was really nothing wrong with it, so it was probably nerfed to a weaker stun)
  • 44PP2P, etc.: Delayable frames adjusted. (Is this even a string she has?)
  • P+K Hurtbox adjusted. (Adjusted to what? Is it still a high/mid crush?)
  • 44P+K Hurtbox adjusted. (Again to what? This move doesn't have much utility outside PL anyways)
  • K: Damage reduced from 26 to 24. (big fucking whoop)
  • 3KK: Effect on hit now the same as KKK. (This is probably a nerf, buy maybe a buff if it doesn't knockdown anymore)
  • PK: Damage reduced from 26 to 24. (So fucking what? What is the point of a 2 damage nerf to her kicks? What is it supposed to accomplish?)
  • K, KK, PK, PKK, 3K, 3KK: Delayable frames adjusted. (i imagine this is another nerf since they're already very delayable)
  • Back 4P+K: Guard advantage changed from -10 to -4F. (Major plus, now it's completely safe)
  • 3PP4, 6P4: Fixed issue that caused an off-axis when turning, resulting in front attacks. (Nice buff, less accidental inputs the better)
  • 66H+K: Guard advantage changed from -16 to -5F. (Nice that it's safer, no Helena player is going to use this outside of PL or bound combo)
  • H+K2: To prevent accidental input, delayable time adjusted. (this was never an issue)
  • Crouching state hurtbox adjusted. (to what? is it bigger, smaller, etc?)
Overall a little nerfed, no major changes until we know the severity of the delayable frame nerfs and hurtbox changes.

SweetRevenge117

Standard Donor
1p is not punishable on hit but yea. It tracks too lol. I still think shell be fine though. she has so many defensive tools already. but I digress losing any tool sucks

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD