Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakedaZX

Doesn't sound silly at all. You should of positioned yourself better.

Condescending asshole as always I see. Too bad though, I'm not going to work to position myself in the moment when I've already counter blown my opponent and know I can launch them. It's completely silly to give up guaranteed damage (post launch damage), especially if the issue of positioning was caused by my opponent.

You talk like a fight is black and white but its not.

Brute you're clearly in the minority when it comes to hating her. She's not going to have spartans full moveset and I'm pretty sure she's going to have originality obviously. So just ignore her when the game comes out. Because your rant sounds like you hold a vendetta against a video game character lol
I don't really like her either. I don't like her (or Momiji) because it looks like they took the mocap/animations right out of Ninja Gaiden then just moved their hands close together. That looks lazy. I would've rather seen Irene with some military type shit but whatever you know...

I just wish they were more original than just taking the same animations than just some swinging double punches.

Brute

Standard Donor
I really don't understand what is the problem: if a character is disliked, very simple it's enough don't play with it.
Very easy to do in a game you play with others.
The problem is not that she's in the game. The problem is that they wasted time putting her in the game and not Tengu or any number of other cool things. That's the real issue.

Brute you're clearly in the minority when it comes to hating her. She's not going to have spartans full moveset and I'm pretty sure she's going to have originality obviously. So just ignore her when the game comes out.
Like you said, I'm in minority, which means that she's going to be played all the time which means I'll constantly be fighting her and thus will have to learn her and deal with her.

your rant sounds like you hold a vendetta against a video game character lol
I do.

I'm about to re-invent ryonas when this game comes out.

Kronin

I ask to myself what would be happened if Irene was in the game (universally much more hated and disliked than Rachel)...

I will attend to it in DoA6 ;)

Wishnever

Hopefully they'll fix it in due time, remember how much the alpha build of DOA5 changed to DOA5U?

I hope not, tbh, I don't see anything to be 'fixed', maybe they'll work to make the animation looks smoother and... not change the mechanic.

New mechanic, new possibilities to the game, maybe sega is teaching them how to make a less random game, lol.

Kronin

Very easy to do in a game you play with others.
The problem is not that she's in the game. The problem is that they wasted time putting her in the game and not Tengu or any number of other cool things. That's the real issue.

Brute this is subjective, for the majority of the people here seems that TN would have wasted their time not putting her in the game... Personally I love Tengu, but actually the people that like him are much more less in comparison with the fan of Rachel: according to your kind of reasoning, the same could be applied for him.

In addition, if also Rachel was a clone of Spartan (and I don't think so), all the people that main the Halo guest in DoA4 will be happy for this sort of return (and again, this number was much more high in comparison with the mainers of Tengu, anyway I think that also the Demon low-tier status must have affected it).

My point of view is that every new character that it's not a guest and that so will return (hopefully) and evolve in the next games, are an "investment" for the series (indipendentely from my personal preferences).

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Jealous? I'm not sure you know what the word means becuase it doesn't apply here. The only way I could concievably be jealous is if I really liked Spartan's moveset (which i didn't) and wanted it for a different character that I played (which I don't) because I couldn't play Rachel (which I can, as I'm going to be getting the full version).

My "hate" comes from reasons I've already explained millions of times. She is visually boring, her fighting style is a boring copy-paste, her graphics aren't on-par with many of the other characters, her personality (for what's it's worth) is a useless victim who always needs rescuing and to top it off, there was no reason in Ninja Gaiden for us to ever play her silly segments, but Hayashi went "Fuck you, I'll destroy pacing and add in awkward segments where you play as some dumb bitch who can hardly function in a game like Ninja Gaiden and then force you to play that shit in higher difficulties while re-doing your inventory for her and making her share Tairon treasure chests that you probably want with Ryu. Oh and I'll give her some stupid hair options that you have to kill like 200 shadow fiends for and you're gonna want to do that for the essence because again, you're broke-ass poor because we reset your inventory." So tell me, at what point was I supposed to like this abysmal creature?

LMAO Rachel a Victim? she's like OP in NGS2 she can handle herself (she was captured briefly in NGS but I don't see how that comes through in her personality.. .o_O) also Rachel and Ryu dont share treasure chests. anyways.. Rachels animations are smoother and less robotic than Momiji's (and even Momiji shares Similar animations to Kasumi) and if you pay close enough attention you can see a bunch of tools Spartan never had. she has her Uniqueness from NG combined with Spartan's move set, so she has a full move list and not a disappointing lack luster one (like Mila in DOA5 Vanilla) as well as satisfying the people who requested Nicole to come back. I'm looking forward to seeing both Momiji and Rachel develop on to DOA6 or any future patches

Brute

Standard Donor
Brute this is subjective, for the majority of the people here seems that TN would have wasted their time not putting her in the game... Personally I love Tengu, but actually the people that like him are much more less in comparison with the fan of Rachel: according to your kind of reasoning, the same could be applied for him.
In addition, if also Rachel was a clone of Spartan (and I don't think so), all the people that main the Halo guest in DoA4 will be happy for this sort of return (and again, this number was much more high than for the mainers of Tengu).
My point of view is that every new character that it's not a guest and that so will return (hopefully) and evolve in the next games, is an "investment" for the series (indipendentely from my personal preferences).
TN plays favorites. Particularly with boobs. If your character doesn't have boobs, don't expect them to get very invested in them. By your logic the best "investment" for the series would be to give all fighting styles female derivatives and just shit-can the males.

LMAO Rachel a Victim? she's like OP in NGS2 she can handle herself (she was captured briefly in NGS but I don't see how that comes through in her personality.. .:confused:)
Twice, actually.

also Rachel and Ryu dont share treasure chests.
Yeah, they do.

Rachels animations are smoother and less robotic than Momiji's (and even Momiji shares Similar animations to Kasumi) and if you pay close enough attention you can see a bunch of tools Spartan never had.
I agree, Momiji's animations look stiff. I was hoping for a lot more from her.

SweetRevenge117

Standard Donor
Brute. You missed his point. You said they wasted time putting in rachel. He told you reasons why that is wrong. I didn't play ng so I could care less either way but rachels demand was simply higher than a boss character few use other than to troll

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Momiji's taunt in that twitch interview... Combined with this, my interest has been renewed.

nNY2hPd.jpg

Haha dat Fundoshi! #TNDoesListen lmao :momiji:

Brute

Standard Donor
Brute. You missed his point. You said they wasted time putting in rachel. He told you reasons why that is wrong. I didn't play ng so I could care less either way but rachels demand was simply higher than a boss character few use other than to troll
The demand for limitless next-to-naked costumes for the girls is also higher than the demand for gameplay refinement. Doesn't mean it should be their focus.

I'm not saying ya'll have to agree with me, I'm telling you why Rachel is the absolute last thing I wanted in this game.

SweetRevenge117

Standard Donor
The demand for limitless next-to-naked costumes for the girls is also higher than the demand for gameplay refinement. Doesn't mean it should be their focus.

I'm not saying ya'll have to agree with me, I'm telling you why Rachel is the absolute last thing I wanted in this game.
Yeah but adding a popular female character is a bit more feasible than next to naked characters. We'll agree to disagree on the principle that your disdain for rachel has you feeling this way lol

Brute

Standard Donor
Brute So salty for no reason doe.
Y U no read?
My "hate" comes from reasons I've already explained millions of times. She is visually boring, her fighting style is a boring copy-paste, her graphics aren't on-par with many of the other characters, her personality (for what's it's worth) is a useless victim who always needs rescuing and to top it off, there was no reason in Ninja Gaiden for us to ever play her silly segments, but Hayashi went "Fuck you, I'll destroy pacing and add in awkward segments where you play as some dumb bitch who can hardly function in a game like Ninja Gaiden and then force you to play that shit in higher difficulties while re-doing your inventory for her and making her share Tairon treasure chests that you probably want with Ryu. Oh and I'll give her some stupid hair options that you have to kill like 200 shadow fiends for and you're gonna want to do that for the essence because again, you're broke-ass poor because we reset your inventory." So tell me, at what point was I supposed to like this abysmal creature?

His 4p2p gives a small stagger on normal hit now.
Oh thank god. Finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD