Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: Helena

ninjaguy446

Press buttons. Stop, press more buttons. Make her flinch, throw. Avoid the parries, press buttons, bokuho, blender. Stop, shut em down open up shop. No force tech? You still win. kthx.

Okay okay. I'm just hyper right now don't kill me.
Gotcha lol.. anything else? I mean like is she crushable, what's her weakness, etc.

UprisingJC

Any suggestion or feedback is welcomed.

I don't have enough time(busy with my thesis for Master's Degree) so I don't include throw, hold cand BNB combos.

ninjaguy446

Well, I'm back here again for MU advice. How do you approach Christie? How should I stop her offense? How do I deal with JAK?

Omegan Eckhart

Well, I'm back here again for MU advice. How do you approach Christie? How should I stop her offense? How do I deal with JAK?
Use 4P to stuff JAK, and if you are afraid of Mid P counters do 1P, but avoid doing the second P unless the opponent is slow at countering.

Try to space as she is faster than you, running up and blocking to bait a response is good, Christie players love to JAK especially against running opponents, on top of that they will have already buffered an attack to go along with the side step so watch them attack open space and then fuck em up for it.

Her 66F+P wall grab, just try to tech to the side after it hits you, at least it she gets a hit in it you won't go back into the wall again.

Bait for her 214P SDS and punish her with Helena's 4P string as it is either safe or hard to punish due to spacing. Christie players generally don't block after having this attack guarded.

When Christie's do any of her natural strings, 3PPP and so forth 9 times out of 10 they will JAK afterwards seeing as they are safe against non grappler's so do either 1P or 4P to catch them out.

Other than that it's just a case of reading her string mix ups which there is no advice for I'm afraid.

Last edited:

ninjaguy446

Use 4P to stuff JAK, and if you are afraid of Mid P counters do 1P, but avoid doing the second P unless the opponent is slow at countering.

Try to space as she is faster than you, running up and blocking to bait a response if good, Christie players love to JAK especially against running opponents, on top of that they will have already buffered an attack to go along with the side step so watch them attack open space and then fuck em up for it.

Her 66F+P wall grab, just try to tech to the side after it hits you, at least it she gets a hit in it you won't go back into the wall again.

Bait for her 214P SDS and punish her with Helena's 4P string as it is either safe or hard to punish due to spacing. Christie players generally don't block after having this attack guarded.

When Christie's do any of her natural strings, 3PPP and so forth 9 times out of 10 they will JAK afterwards seeing as they are safe against non grappler's so do either 1P or 4P to catch them out.

Other than that it's just a case of reading her string mix ups which there is no advice for I'm afraid.
Thanks, this helps a lot. Is she throw punishable? Or will she almost always be safe?

Requiem

She is only safe on her natural strings and 9P I think. You can throw punish almost everything she does, online it can be inconsistent though.
Note that the 214SDS is, in fact, actually safe. Most Christie's won't overly finish the unsafe stuff. And her GBs are actually positive on block, of course.

Helena can hit JAK a lot of ways, actually; even linear looking things are fine if you time it right. Just don't go too heavy pressuring high in neutral. That'll get you nowhere.

P+K can crush a ton of Christie's stuff. In a certain mid range, you can toss it out and keep Christie at bay, which can work out for you.

Omegan Eckhart

Note that the 214SDS is, in fact, actually safe. Most Christie's won't overly finish the unsafe stuff. And her GBs are actually positive on block, of course.

Helena can hit JAK a lot of ways, actually; even linear looking things are fine if you time it right. Just don't go too heavy pressuring high in neutral. That'll get you nowhere.

P+K can crush a ton of Christie's stuff. In a certain mid range, you can toss it out and keep Christie at bay, which can work out for you.
Very true, 214P is -6 so it should be punishable by a neutral throw, although a neutral throw might not have the range to land unless Christie does it at point blank range.

Requiem

Very true, 214P is -6 so it should be punishable by a neutral throw, although a neutral throw might not have the range to land unless Christie does it at point blank range.
Yeah, don't count on it. But at -6, you do have some leeway to go in with a somewhat slower attack (4P here makes a lot of sense in particular; you're not going to get jabbed out unlike in free cancel situations or in lighter negatives)

Alex_MaGanda

I'm disappointed nobody wants to share their bits about all of this >.>

As far as I could test after a wall bounce either 236+P,K,P or 4+P,P,P produce 65 damage. Next best is 61 damage from P,P,K.
All of these should work on all weights as far as I could test.
Couldn't find any other move working after a wall bounce.
All the launchers just send the opponent back to the wall. P+K and 6+K do not but they do not launch high enough to follow up with a combo (6+K used to work in DoA4, it was a good tool there)

I'm sure there has to be something I haven't tested, maybe something from BKO since I forgot to test that.
Ya those are some good options i also like to Start a match from Helenas BT and do 4K if i expect the Opponent to do a high.

Omegan Eckhart

Just tested Christie's 214P and it is always punishable by a neutral throw regardless of the range. I guess it's just a bitch online.

Requiem

Just tested Christie's 214P and it is always punishable by a neutral throw regardless of the range. I guess it's just a bitch online.
You can neutral throw it on reaction, but the timing isn't that easy in a match and it's still a neutral throw, so good ones will see you do it once and break it every time after. It's almost not worth it.

Omegan Eckhart

You can neutral throw it on reaction, but the timing isn't that easy in a match and it's still a neutral throw, so good ones will see you do it once and break it every time after. It's almost not worth it.
Yup, just wanted to correct myself seeing as I was wrong in my earlier assertion.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD