Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: Helena

ninjaguy446

Well, I'm starting to suck a lot with Helena (didn't I always?). Help.
Lol for fun you can try to play the whole match in BT. It also helps your BT game. But basically, if you don't already, you wanna utilize all of Helena's stances. Use her transitions during stun such as 1K, 9P4, PP4, 2H+K, 4P, BKO 4P, BKO 6P4P, 44P, 3PP4, 8PP4, 6P4 etc.

44P, 6P4, 8PP4 and the like are all really good for a BT T setup, resets and other shenanigans.
Hope this helps.

Requiem

Well, I'm starting to suck a lot with Helena (didn't I always?). Help.
You're not.

We'll play more. Honestly, most issues I saw when playing were not character specific.

However...

Lol for fun you can try to play the whole match in BT. It also helps your BT game. But basically, if you don't already, you wanna utilize all of Helena's stances. Use her transitions during stun such as 1K, 9P4, PP4, 2H+K, 4P, BKO 4P, BKO 6P4P, 44P, 3PP4, 8PP4, 6P4 etc.

44P, 6P4, 8PP4 and the like are all really good for a BT T setup, resets and other shenanigans.
Hope this helps.

Hm, playing as much of a match in one stance as much as possible for training would be a fun exercise. Especially on someone willing to be the slightest bit tolerant of it.

ninjaguy446

In light of the new Genfu discoveries, I've been checking out what Helena can get guaranteed off of a BT opponent.
  • 214P+K BKO 6K
    • Guaranteed launch
  • 214P+K BKO 6P/4P
    • Standard guaranteed stuff from the SDS
  • 66KPP (no charge)
    • Good against walls
  • 3PP/P
    • Same as after BT T 3PP/P
  • 6P+KP
    • Reset
  • 4PPK
    • Guaranteed. Your best damage option
  • 44PPP
That's all I could find that was worthwhile and did not launch immediately. I might've missed a few, though.

Last edited:

Requiem

In light of the new Genfu discoveries, I've been checking out what Helena can get guaranteed off of a BT opponent.
  • 214P+K BKO 6K
    • Guaranteed launch
  • 214P+K BKO 6P/4P
  • 66KPP (no charge)
    • Good against walls
  • 3PP/P
  • 6P+KP
    • Reset
  • 4PPK
    • Guaranteed. You're best damage option
  • 44PPP
That's all I could find that was worthwhile and did not launch immediately. I might've missed a few, though.
These are all good; wiff punishing with 4PPK is particularly slick. 3PP(P) becomes guaranteed too, into juggle and oki; at 12 frames, it is very fast and very flexible, my personal favorite. 6P+KP seems particularly interesting, though...

ninjaguy446

These are all good; wiff punishing with 4PPK is particularly slick. 3PP(P) becomes guaranteed too, into juggle and oki; at 12 frames, it is very fast and very flexible, my personal favorite. 6P+KP seems particularly interesting, though...
Yeah, I've been trying different setups with 6P+KP against walls and invisible walls but I haven't found anything of note yet.

4PPK will punish Leifang's 3P+K; she can't block or strike. Not sure about her BT parry... it anything BT T will work if they adapt.

Requiem

Yeah, I've been trying different setups with 6P+KP against walls and invisible walls but I haven't found anything of note yet.

4PPK will punish Leifang's 3P+K; she can't block or strike. Not sure about her BT parry... it anything BT T will work if they adapt.
You definitely get 3PP(P) for that thing, so if you can't get 4PPK, just switch to that and you'll still get a full combo and oki if you want.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
  • 214P+K BKO 6K
    • Guaranteed launch
  • 214P+K BKO 6P/4P
  • 66KPP (no charge)
    • Good against walls
  • 3PP/P
  • 6P+KP
    • Reset
  • 4PPK
    • Guaranteed. Your best damage option
  • 44PPP
Nice find!

ninjaguy446

Alright, so I've checked out some of the more ridiculous setups that might not ever happen. After a successful 236P+K on a BT opponent against an invisible wall, it guarantees pretty much any launch on fastest SE. Or, you could extend the stun (on fastest SE you can hold these. It's guaranteed with fast.) doing things like 236P+K 44PPP and 236P+K 4PPK. The best setup I've found so far is 214P4PP. You can get a guaranteed BKO P+K which is her strongest launcher and combo IIRC.

KwonJigglypuff

So if I got it well, the best thing for 214P+K is to use it when the opponent is back turned ? What other use could it have otherwise ? (I just got the game weeks ago and couldn't find the time to work on Helena properly...)

ninjaguy446

So if I got it well, the best thing for 214P+K is to use it when the opponent is back turned ? What other use could it have otherwise ? (I just got the game weeks ago and couldn't find the time to work on Helena properly...)
Since you haven't been here in a while I'll just write some new things Helena got.

214P+K is a pretty good SDS it guarantees BKO 4P and BKO 6P.
6P4 and 3PP4 now go into BT. Good stun reset.
H+K2 goes into BKO.

I think that's it. At least all I remember.

KwonJigglypuff

I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes the timing to got into BKO from H+K2 (and BT PPK2) is hard..

I love Helena's new tools in the patch, nice to see TN completed her moveset like they intended to do in Vanilla... back then, you could see she was one of the last character created with Lamar and Gen Fu...

Use them more often and you'll find out. ;) P.S. u used 6pBT as a combo string? 0_o????? lolol??

Well actually, I didn't even noticed you wrote 6pBT lol
That leads me to think that I don't at all use it. 6pBT is useful for what? As a poke? It really slow for a high.

ninjaguy446

Well actually, I didn't even noticed you wrote 6pBT lol
That leads me to think that I don't at all use it. 6pBT is useful for what? As a poke? It really slow for a high.
Resets. If you do 6P in stun then you get +8 and if you do 6P4 you get +12 IIRC. You could do 214T, BT T, BKO 2K, 2H+K, etc. and once you condition them to that you can start even more mixups.

ninjaguy446

Hi everyone. Can anybody recommend a launcher for me? So far, I've been using BKO 66P and 7K.
You should try to use all of Helena's launchers to confuse the opponent. Plus, each one has their own benefits and downsides.

9K, 8K, 7K, BKO 6K, BKO H+K, BKO P+K, BKO 66P, BT P+K, BT 4K, etc.

I like to play the stun game, so if I'm at a point where I can CB!, then I'll either BKO 6K or CB! them. You should try out all of her launchers and see where and how you can use them best. Also, try not to use a mid punch launcher if you can CB!. It destroys the mixup lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD