Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: Helena

Omegan Eckhart

It's not that bad. You can still play her the same because most people will tech anyways. Plus, she still has her awesome mixup game with new transitions into BT.

I think her new SDS is really good for getting CB!. I know it's not guaranteed, but it's barely reactable since it's pretty fast.
Seeing how SE'ing is much easier now I'd be careful when trying for things that her SDS's don't guarantee. I've had people get out of 214P+K > 6K quite a lot.

ninjaguy446

Seeing how SE'ing is much easier now I'd be careful when trying for things that her SDS's don't guarantee. I've had people get out of 214P+K > 6K quite a lot.
SE got easier? I thought it got harder. You have to do full circles instead of being able to do the shortcut. So far, no one has escaped 214P+K anything for me.

Omegan Eckhart

SE got easier? I thought it got harder. You have to do full circles instead of being able to do the shortcut. So far, no one has escaped 214P+K anything for me.
My understanding is it has gotten easier, all I know for certain is people are SE'ing out of my set ups more now than they were in Vanilla.

Kokomi

Hope this is the right place to ask about this.

Uh, I kinda played Helena in lobby matches but I got my ass handed really hard so, I'm wondering, can I just get some Helena spar mates :x. I don't wanna upload the videos I lost because that would really make Helena players look bad :x. Anyone wanna help me with my Helena?

I also tried her in Survival, albeit unsuccessfully. But I like how she can just keep pressure without the fear of being held because her strings are so variant. I would really like to consider making her my main.

Akumasama

If you're european I'll be glad to be your sparring partner, if you're american we can try but connection with americans is too laggy majority of the times. There's a bunch of exceptions of course but it's pretty rare

Kokomi

If you're european I'll be glad to be your sparring partner, if you're american we can try but connection with americans is too laggy majority of the times. There's a bunch of exceptions of course but it's pretty rare

Unfortunately.. I live far away from the European or American region. Ever heard of Malaysia? Yeah, that's where I'm from :oops:. I don't mind the lag though, it's still bearable for me, just promise me you won't juggle the living daylight out of me, LOL. I could use your advice too since I posted two videos on the video thread. Thanks Aku :)

Omegan Eckhart

Unfortunately.. I live far away from the European or American region. Ever heard of Malaysia? Yeah, that's where I'm from :oops:. I don't mind the lag though, it's still bearable for me, just promise me you won't juggle the living daylight out of me, LOL. I could use your advice too since I posted two videos on the video thread. Thanks Aku :)
There is an online training mode so you don't need to worry about getting beat up too much if you are learning from someone online. Are you on XBL or PSN? Also do you have a mic?

Kokomi

There is an online training mode so you don't need to worry about getting beat up too much if you are learning from someone online. Are you on XBL or PSN? Also do you have a mic?

I'm on PSN. And no I don't have a mic, I do have computer headphones though, I actually wonder if they can be used on the PS3. I haven't got the time to test it out because I'm not sure if its possible. Online training mode? Are you referring to the lobby?

Omegan Eckhart

I'm on PSN. And no I don't have a mic, I do have computer headphones though, I actually wonder if they can be used on the PS3. I haven't got the time to test it out because I'm not sure if its possible. Online training mode? Are you referring to the lobby?
When you create a lobby go to Fight Rules and you can choose to make it Online Dojo instead of say Winner Stays On or Kumite. This match type will create a sparring mode online for you and one other person. This way you can practice as much as you like without worrying about health limits.

Kokomi

When you create a lobby go to Fight Rules and you can choose to make it Online Dojo instead of say Winner Stays On or Kumite. This match type will create a sparring mode online for you and one other person. This way you can practice as much as you like without worrying about health limits.

Omg, never knew there was that option. Thanks a lot! I need to look in to that, feels so much better that I don't have go through the agony of seeing my health being chipped away in a friendly casual match, lol.

Oh wow, it's been awhile since I checked on Helena and from what I can tell, she's be heavily nerfed? So I heard that :3: :3: :P: :4: :P: still works, but :6: :P: doesn't?? Is there an alternative? Because :2_: :K: wiffs badly if they use wakeup kicks from what I remember.

Hope this is the right place to ask about this.I'm wondering, can I just get some Helena spar mates :x.
:x. Anyone wanna help me with my Helena?

I wouldn't mind being your sparring partner if you don't mind playing me in the Vanilla DOA5. Add me

PSN: FateNightroad

Kokomi

Oh wow, it's been awhile since I checked on Helena and from what I can tell, she's be heavily nerfed? So I heard that :3: :3: :P: :4: :P: still works, but :6: :P: doesn't?? Is there an alternative? Because :2_: :K: wiffs badly if they use wakeup kicks from what I remember.

I wouldn't mind being your sparring partner if you don't mind playing me in the Vanilla DOA5. Add me

PSN: FateNightroad

Ah yikes, sorry. I sold off my Vanilla DOA5 for extra cash. I now play by DOA5U instead ._.

Thanks Eckhart, I do have the Core version. But no Helena unfortunately(not even in tutorial) :(

Well Kokomi, you can always fight my sub - Hayate in DOA5U. What's your PSN?

Alex_MaGanda

Just because you have to work harder for wins than some other characters (such as Rachel, Jann, Kasumi, etc.) doesn't mean Helena sucks. :) I don't think she sucks at all. :helena: She's... progressively getting better. She's gained a new SDS and a couple bounds. I wish she could return to her DOA4 state but that's in the past, so all we can do now is look toward the future. And remember, if anyone, and I mean anyone tries to get in Helena's way.. you know what she'll say.

You'd best pray to your God.
Do not mention kasumi kasumi is hard to win with -_-

Okay, just tested out Helena and I have to say that her :3: :3: :P: :4: :P:, :6: :P: isn't the only thing that's nerfed. Not sure if I'm imagining things, but her :2: :H+K: seems to have a longer recover time now. In the vanilla version I as able to connect :6: :K: and :H+K: right after her low stun, but by the time I can do either follow up the enemy is already out of stun to launch. Also, her :4_: :P: :P: :K: no longer launches.

WHY?!

Omegan Eckhart

Okay, just tested out Helena and I have to say that her :3: :3: :P: :4: :P:, :6: :P: isn't the only thing that's nerfed. Not sure if I'm imagining things, but her :2: :H+K: seems to have a longer recover time now. In the vanilla version I as able to connect :6: :K: and :H+K: right after her low stun, but by the time I can do either follow up the enemy is already out of stun to launch. Also, her :4_: :P: :P: :K: no longer launches.

WHY?!
:4_: :P: :P: :K: This string never launched on NH, the first two hit's don't stun on NH and the kick requires CH for a launch.
:2: :H+K: Again this is probably a NH/CH thing. On NH there is a lot of push back which makes connecting attacks afterwards difficult. On CH this isn't a problem. Even on CH :6: :K: was never guaranteed from:2: :H+K:. On fastest SE only :P: or :6::P: can't be blocked.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD