Dead or Alive 6 Trailer (Early 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadeinchains

I genuinely have no idea If I mentioned this earlier or not cause I was going to but Kasumi is still 19 and Helena is still 23, the same ages they were in DOA5 so unless they forgot to change that in their bios it means that doa6 takes place in the same year as doa5,

Onryoki

Standard Donor
All characters (except the guest ones I guess) should come back.
I have to disagree with you on that matter. I think characters like Ein and Alpha-152 shouldn’t be in the game. Both of their stories ended and aren’t relevant.

Ein is a cool character but having both Hayate and Ein as playable characters is a wasted slot. They should give Hayate more Ein moves, but I don’t think Ein should be in 6 or any future DOA games to begin with(With the exception of remasters)

I don’t even need to explain why Alpha shouldn’t return. She died.

I have my doubts if Tina will be a playable character in DOA6, she probably will but story wise it doesn’t add up since she announced to run for office.

I’m not quite sure about Lisa because of her ending in the story. It’s still unknown if she’s alive but she probably is.

I’m not sure about Leon as well since he’s irrelevant since DOA3, I do hope he gets a second chance though.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I have to disagree with you on that matter. I think characters like Ein and Alpha-152 shouldn’t be in the game. Both of their stories ended and aren’t relevant.

Ein is a cool character but having both Hayate and Ein as playable characters is a wasted slot. They should give Hayate more Ein moves, but I don’t think Ein should be in 6 or any future DOA games to begin with(With the exception of remasters)

I have my doubts if Tina will be a playable character in DOA6, she probably will but story wise it doesn’t add up since she announced to run for office.

I’m not quite sure about Lisa because of her ending in the story. It’s still unknown if she’s alive but she probably is.

I’m not sure about Leon as well since he’s irrelevant since DOA3, I do hope he gets a second chance though.

latest

There is no doubt they will probably take out Alpha, but from a competitive stand-point I don't see why. She was a very popular character to use at offline events, she had some of the most stylish moves in DOA5 with a look that added to an already diverse roster. Fun was the word... fun! At least for me.

I change my main every game... if Victor Donovan is the boss I will probably select Victor Donovan because Team NINJA's villains are the baddest mofos in games.

:alpha152::raidou::genfu::genra::tengu::christie:

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I agree. No one I don't personally enjoys like fighting Alpha anyway. You I either know how to shut her down and she's boring to fight, or you I have no idea how she's being used and she walks on you me. Ein's original concept as Hayate with Amnesia pretty much means he died in the game he was created. He was used one time again as a disguise for Hayate, and since then he's been returning because... I guess people just really like to TORYA.

I have my doubts if Tina will be a playable character in DOA6.
Nope. Completely ignored the rest of that one lmao. No way no how Tina doesn't make 6 in every aspect.

I’m not quite sure about Lisa because of her ending in the story. It’s still unknown if she’s alive but she probably is you know she is.
Just needed a correction on this one.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor
I prefer the default c1 she had since doa1. X) that's my fav. No matter how many dlc costume I buy, i always pick c1. ♡
That one is still good too, I watched that interview with commentary and it seems they may bring it back along with other old things but I'm not sure. It would be silly to discard the classic outfits imo

Also when is that stream at EVO stream gonna be happening? I don't have to work today at all so I can watch the whole thing if it is today ^.^

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I agree. No one enjoys fighting Alpha anyway. You either know how to shut her down and she's boring to fight, or you have no idea and she walks on you. Ein's original concept as Hayate with Amnesia pretty much means he died in the game he was created. He was used one time again as a disguise for Hayate, and since then he's been returning because... I guess people just really like to TORYA.

Nope. Completely ignored the rest of that one lmao. No way no how Tina doesn't make 6 in every aspect.

Based off of our tournament history, that Alpha information isn't true. The Alpha mirror at TFC 2014 was incredible! Alpha-152 has won Bladez many tournaments, and he's finished a lot of players that know the matchup as well. Hollow and Bladez also had a great mirror that Bladez lost. You can say she's boring to fight, but you can't speak for everyone when you say it.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Based off of our tournament history, that Alpha information isn't true. The Alpha mirror at TFC 2014 was incredible! Alpha-152 has won Bladez many tournaments, and he's finished a lot of players that know the matchup as well. Hollow and Bladez also had a great mirror that Bladez lost. You can say she's boring to fight, but you can't speak for everyone when you say it.
That's true! Well said. To me she isn't fun to fight. I made a very generalized and opinionated statement more on my preference towards the character rather than her relevance as a whole with no intent to disrespect anyone. I would just rather fight literally anyone else on the roster personally. Lmao

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Because of her having like 3 critical bursts and because she relied on them heavily, I doubt they have any plans to bring her to game. I'm actually becoming more and more okay with that because we're getting DOA6 earlier than most expected. Welcome to FSD, btw!

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Because of her having like 3 critical bursts and because she relied on them heavily, I doubt they have any plans to bring her to game. I'm actually becoming more and more okay with that because we're getting DOA6 earlier than most expected. Welcome to FSD, btw!
Nah I mean couldn't they just rework her moveset a little? They're more than capable of taking out her CB heavy gameplan but maintaining the aesthetic and flow of her fighting style yeah? I may loathe fighting the character but I do respect her as a fighter. Getting caught by her is as grating as getting hold baited by a well played Tina and watching the MDT animation wreak havoc on your life bar.

Also hey thanks! I've been here for a while but mostly just lurking.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
latest

There is no doubt they will probably take out Alpha, but from a competitive stand-point I don't see why. She was a very popular character to use at offline events, she had some of the most stylish moves in DOA5 with a look that added to an already diverse roster. Fun was the word... fun! At least for me.

I change my main every game... if Victor Donovan is the boss I will probably select Victor Donovan because Team NINJA's villains are the baddest mofos in games.

:alpha152::raidou::genfu::genra::tengu::christie:
I don’t really change my mains but in 6 I will main all of the Ninja’s. If Genra returns I will main him as well.
I agree. No one I don't personally enjoys like fighting Alpha anyway. You I either know how to shut her down and she's boring to fight, or you I have no idea how she's being used and she walks on you me. Ein's original concept as Hayate with Amnesia pretty much means he died in the game he was created. He was used one time again as a disguise for Hayate, and since then he's been returning because... I guess people just really like to TORYA.

I actually love Alpha-152 and I like fighting her. She’s a character that teaches you not to counter everything because she will kill you with 2 HiC throws. It are usually the bad players that hate fighting Alpha since they don’t know how to play or defend themselves properly.

NightAntilli

Yeah... We definitely disagree. It might have a story, but it is still a fighting game. And honestly, the lore might be fun, but all the stories in the DOA games suck to a huge degree. I wouldn't recommend Team Ninja to base any of their core game decisions on DOA's story. There is nothing wrong either with having additional characters be playable that are not in the story.

And I have no stake in this at all. My most used characters are Leifang, Kokoro, Hitomi, Momiji. I'm quite sure they will be included, and I can miss Momiji easily on a personal level. I wouldn't miss Ein nor Alpha nor any Tengu either obviously. And I still think they should all be included.
More importantly, remember the outrage of Street Fighter V with its extremely limited roster compared to SFIV? DOA needs to avoid any negative feedback it can, because it is already not seen as a great fighter compared to other fighters out there. We do not need the fans themselves to be talking down on the game because they wish such and such characters were included. This game needs all the positive mind share it can get.

If they could include all the guest characters it would be even better, but that is highly unlikely to happen.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I actually love Alpha-152 and I like fighting her.
That's awesome! I respect her as a fighter but don't personally enjoy facing her, but there are many that definitely do!

She’s a character that teaches you not to counter everything because she will kill you with 2 HiC throws.
Thought you were talking about Tina there for a second. :3_::6::4::tina:

It are usually the bad players that hate fighting Alpha since they don’t know how to play or defend themselves properly.
This can be said for any character on the roster really, but my mains (Who are both considered grapplers) epitomize this statement far more accurately than Alpha. But I see what you're saying and don't disagree!

Bacaww

Yeah... We definitely disagree. It might have a story, but it is still a fighting game. And honestly, the lore might be fun, but all the stories in the DOA games suck to a huge degree. I wouldn't recommend Team Ninja to base any of their core game decisions on DOA's story. There is nothing wrong either with having additional characters be playable that are not in the story.

And I have no stake in this at all. My most used characters are Leifang, Kokoro, Hitomi, Momiji. I'm quite sure they will be included, and I can miss Momiji easily on a personal level. I wouldn't miss Ein nor Alpha nor any Tengu either obviously. And I still think they should all be included.
More importantly, remember the outrage of Street Fighter V with its extremely limited roster compared to SFIV? DOA needs to avoid any negative feedback it can, because it is already not seen as a great fighter compared to other fighters out there. We do not need the fans themselves to be talking down on the game because they wish such and such characters were included. This game needs all the positive mind share it can get.

If they could include all the guest characters it would be even better, but that is highly unlikely to happen.

DOA has always gotten the hard end of the stick because most people in the FGC talk crap about the game while theyve never really tried it. Even if not all characters are added a real fan would just accept it and move along. Personally I dont mind certaun characters being dropped, make room for new fighters! (Except the xtreme 3 hoes)

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I kinda want to see what the character select screen/main menu looks like, to be honest. I'm not really feeling the UI right now as it seems really... mobile game-ish? Looks like something i would see in Contest of Champions lol

Also the announcer better be hype this time, the default announcer in 5 was so boring! Bring back my girl Monica!!
I'm sure it's just a placeholder for now. It'll be changed.

NightAntilli

DOA has always gotten the hard end of the stick because most people in the FGC talk crap about the game while theyve never really tried it. Even if not all characters are added a real fan would just accept it and move along. Personally I dont mind certaun characters being dropped, make room for new fighters! (Except the xtreme 3 hoes)
I get that. But if our own community is talking bad about a DOA game, it is even less attractive to that overly critical crowd. If Team Ninja stays true to their word about the lack of sexualization of DOA6 (they said the same thing for DOA5...), we might have a chance at drawing in more of the fighting game crowd. Although that definitely is not the only issue...

I understand that DOA feels simplistic to someone that comes from Tekken. Tekken has a much harder input mechanics, but DOA really has more flexibility in the fights.
I understand that DOA feels random to someone that comes from VF. In this case, I really can't fault them. The VF5:FS fighting system is superior to all prior DOA games in every way (sorry, but it's true). The only thing DOA has over it is the flashiness, the coolness of the moves and interactive environments.
And the most important one... No one that comes from a 2D fighter (or any other fighter for that matter) will initially understand the DOA stun and hold mechanic for anything more than a guessing game. Unless that is revamped and more balanced, I doubt DOA will be seen as a good fighter.

DOA5 did get some of the VF5 crowd to see it as a viable fighter. But the largest community is still the 2D fighters, and those are the ones we need to try and bring over.

Onryoki

Standard Donor

Even though I disagree with you, I do understand where you’re coming from. I understand that people will be bummed out if characters they main get taken out of a game but I think it’s realistic if they follow the story and adjust the roster to it. SVF and SCV did those things and it backfired but they went to the extreme. SCV removed 70% of their cast and made a huge time jump while SFV started with like 6 characters. DOA won’t do anything like that, I just don’t really see the point of Ein being his own character and having a separate slot when he’s nothing more than an alter-ego. When characters die in the story they shouldn’t be in the sequel.
That's awesome! I respect her as a fighter but don't personally enjoy facing her, but there are many that definitely do!

Thought you were talking about Tina there for a second. :3_::6::4::tina:

This can be said for any character on the roster really, but my mains (Who are both considered grapplers) epitomize this statement far more accurately than Alpha. But I see what you're saying and don't disagree!
Bass, Tina, Lisa and Ryu are also characters that you need to look out for.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
And the most important one... No one that comes from a 2D fighter (or any other fighter for that matter) will initially understand the DOA stun and hold mechanic for anything more than a guessing game. Unless that is revamped and more balanced, I doubt DOA will be seen as a good fighter.

These three things are what really prevents DOA from going anywhere with the FGC. Unfortunately, they're also what makes up DOA's identity as a fighter. In which case until they balance them perfectly TN needs to understand:
I doubt DOA will be seen as a good competitive fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD