Dealing with sub accounts/ trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John P.

It's worse when they message you that you're rank is fake only to find out their actual account holds a higher grade than you

raika-snow

uh, not to be that guy... but what exactly does rank have to do with skill? last i checked it just means you play ranked a lot. and the only answers i can give for dealing with people who make new accounts and play ranked are; either beat them, or stop playing ranked if it gets to you that much.

Last edited:

John P.

Ok so here my infinite cycle theory. Rank doesnt matter > not enough people play ranked > easily manipulateable> rank doesnt matter> etc. I don't play ranked to show off. I do it for myself for fun. But now an lr that doesn't play ranked thinks he can tell me my s+ is fake but i reply you don't even play ranked match anyways. Endless cycle. Ranks should be permanent in both rank and lobby. I can't tell is a lobby is witg new players or experienced players.

John P.

Claims he plays "for fun" and that ranks don't matter > Gets upset when he gets beaten by better players
No no no boo boo. Never said i got mad when beaten by better players. Please ask anyone who has beaten me if i ever got mad. I'll take screenshots of ppl even telling me i got wrecked and i still reply gg and ask for tips and advice:)

John P.

You didn't have to. This tantrum, disguised as a thread, is evidence enough.
Oh see that's not what you said. I never get mad at the players honey. If we're talking about the ppl that deliberately make smurf accounts (because yes i have ppl that really do hate me) that's diffrent. Anymore questions or concerns?

HHH816

DOA5 rank system is too punishing, i get it if it punish player for rage quit but losing too many points from lower rank is too much

John P.

DOA5 rank system is too punishing, i get it if it punish player for rage quit but losing too many points from lower rank is too much
Race quits range from 500gp to a whopping 6000gp. The max you can lose up to 1000 in penalties. For me anyone A- or lower i lose a 1000

HHH816

Race quits range from 500gp to a whopping 6000gp. The max you can lose up to 1000 in penalties. For me anyone A- or lower i lose a 1000

DOA5 should followed Tekken Revolution on this, even logging in can give you points. interface more friendly and it makes you interested for online rank match

John P.

DOA5 should followed Tekken Revolution on this, even logging in can give you points. interface more friendly and it makes you interested for online rank match
Even doa5 vanilla and ultimate were a little easier on you

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think it's justified, although not all lower ranks are newbies, the game does expect you to be able to defeat lower ranks consecutively, I think it's fair you lose a lot more from someone way below your rank than at your level. For example if you're a ruby and lose to a B+, I'd expect the ruby player to lose a TON of GP and CPs, maybe even a demotion chance since that's not supposed to happen.

And oh! I just realized you're Umbran Crisis! :-D I saw ya in the DOA Fest chat, your comments were very amusing, hehe!

John P.

I think it's justified, although not all lower ranks are newbies, the game does expect you to be able to defeat lower ranks consecutively, I think it's fair you lose a lot more from someone way below your rank than at your level. For example if you're a ruby and lose to a B+, I'd expect the ruby player to lose a TON of GP and CPs, maybe even a demotion chance since that's not supposed to happen.

And oh! I just realized you're Umbran Crisis! :-D I saw ya in the DOA Fest chat, your comments were very amusing, hehe!
I never mind losing once in a while to lower ranks because more than likely i was on a streak so my daily gp Change is still positive.

Yeah I'm UmbranxCrisis! Xcaliburbladez is my husbando in a parallel universe

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Oh my God.

"The number you have dialed is unavailable."
Don't let him get to you. He - among some others - hates your guts, so he's trying to get you to react a certain way so he'll have a reason to get rid of you. Personally, I don't believe you're a bad person.

You probably have good reason for playing ranked matches. Maybe you're always getting kicked out of player lobbies. Maybe your friends ain't always around to get a decent amount of matches with you (and considering you're playing on Xbone, I can see your frustration there). Or maybe it's a small step of personal satisfaction on your journey to get better because you currently have no other available alternative. Believe me, I know how it feels to not always be able to go to offline tournaments, much less have an offline scene.

But whatever your reasons for being so concerned about your rank, don't let it drain you mentally. Your improvements will show with time, as long as you're willing to gain knowledge about the strengths and weaknesses of the character(s) you use and the opponent(s) you face just as much as you want to gain knowledge of how to deal with people on alternate accounts, which, sad to say, can be hard to figure out until it's too late.

Curious, what characters do you use anyway?

John P.

Don't let him get to you. He - among some others - hates your guts, so he's trying to get you to react a certain way so he'll have a reason to get rid of you. Personally, I don't believe you're a bad person.

You probably have good reason for playing ranked matches. Maybe you're always getting kicked out of player lobbies. Maybe your friends ain't always around to get a decent amount of matches with you (and considering you're playing on Xbone, I can see your frustration there). Or maybe it's a small step of personal satisfaction on your journey to get better because you currently have no other available alternative. Believe me, I know how it feels to not always be able to go to offline tournaments, much less have an offline scene.

But whatever your reasons for being so concerned about your rank, don't let it drain you mentally. Your improvements will show with time, as long as you're willing to gain knowledge about the strengths and weaknesses of the character(s) you use and the opponent(s) you face just as much as you want to gain knowledge of how to deal with people on alternate accounts, which, sad to say, can be hard to figure out until it's too late.

Curious, what characters do you use anyway?
My primary is Rachel. My secondaries are Tina and Momiji atm. I use Rachel because i like using lower tier characters but if I see that the matchup makes it near impossible to win i use the other two.

Brute

Standard Donor
Don't let him get to you. He - among some others - hates your guts, so he's trying to get you to react a certain way so he'll have a reason to get rid of you.
This is complete bullshit. I have no intention, or desire, to "get rid of" John P. If that was my intent, I would have given him an infraction every time he double-posted in this thread. That would have been plenty of "reason" enough where I seeking for it. What did I do instead? I silently edited the posts and didn't even bother to scold him for the act (which is the usual procedure), because I figured that this thread was heated enough already and didn't want him feeling unwelcome on the site.

You want to know why you lose all your friends, Awesmic? This is why.

Here's a little riddle for everyone:
I only play ranked because I have no choice. Who am I?
19dyev.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD