Defeating SS players

Gi9a

So, whats some good tips on playing these guys. I can hold my own against A+ and below but the SS players and most S players just recover so quickly and predict every move so well I fell my skill levels stuck at an A, lets not forget they know what moves to do to keep you screwed the entire match. I want to get better but I just have no idea where to start against them... NOD Subway and DaKilla for example T_T. These guys need to enter the tournaments.... they would win without effort.

NukNuks

There's a group of people that will be hosting online training sessions to help improve your game. You can sign up here. <-----

I'm always willing to play and help out just send me a FR.

Jefffcore

Figure out what moves stop the moves they use first. Second: predictability is subject to the triangle system.

- Subway likes to wait for people to do something unsafe, so he's going to block, he almost never tries to interrupt. Punch throw FTW. He will start to eventually, usually with 7K. 7K is a mid with a P follow up; punish the punch low, and I'd just block the kick and back up if I were you.

- He'll always start with 1 of 3 options: 2p(p), P+K, or P(P) or (K). The stun from 2PP is SEable, and he always throws 3p after it (Mid punch). Only hold if you see it, because he'll try to bait you and throw.

- P+K is a slow high, so just crush it, or hold. (Preferred option could depend on your character, and situation)

- P(P) or (K) is another slow high, with a mid kick or mid punch follow up. The kick leaves him at neutral and he always does P+K afterwards.

- From range he almost always throws F+K(K)(K)(K) or (P). It's a mid kick with a high kicks to a mid kick(?) or high kicks to a mid punch as a follow up. The punch also leaves him at neutral. I like to just throw jabs from wherever I'm standing to stuff the first kick, but the follow up highs can be crushed.

I go by a formula when I play:

- Highs beat mids and high crushes beat highs, so it's always a good idea to start with a high crush (better if it's mid), or a jab or other high. The jab will stop any mids and the crush will stop highs (and lows if it's mid). Of course you're gonna want to memorize what the other person reacts and starts with. The main idea is to get the Counter Hit, for a stun or launch.

- If you get the stun, throw another mid stun or launch to lower the risk of losing your stun to a hold. (if they hold throw them or use the opposite mid next time to fuck with their head). I like to push the stun as far as I can the first time just to see what they do, but go for the launch whenever you want. Stick to mids for the most part to keep them from holding low.

- If they're blocking, play safe, and punch throw, or punch offensive hold. Learn to fuzzy guard it will make your poking safer. It's down forward, down forward, block. (crouch dash, block)

Gi9a

Thanks for all that info Jeffcore I saw you started to fight him when i went to eat dinner haha. You never realize how fast Bass can be once he's in the hands of a high rank lol I felt like nothing i did worked on him but I will try to take this advice to heart as it seems you have figured out players like him.

x Sypher x

NOD Subway is such a troll lol. I sometimes try to play with Killah but he's so hard to catch sometimes cuz he's almost always idle. But yeah, what Jeff said. PP grab will save you sometimes against people who like to play defensively, aka block. Also try not to be predictable, mix it up a little. What I like to do sometimes is instead of trying to punish a hold with a throw and risk whiffing it, I wait until my opponents holds and once I visually see it I respond with a mid or low attack. If you're lucky it will confuse them a bit on what your next move will be and when you'll do it.

Jefffcore

No problem, it's what I'm here for.

I haven't played Subway for a while, that might have been someone else.

I didn't realize you were talking about his Bass, that was all for Tengu. I haven't played his Bass. Coincidently you live in the same place he does; or did...

I can't help much with Dakillah, I just know he plays like your typical online Ayane player: lots of 6k2k.

Gi9a

It's funny because I work for Subway haha I do try to punish him with grabs but he does the thing where they duck for a split second and i miss the grab normally it makes me mad lol

Jefffcore

If he has time to duck, it's probably not unsafe or you're too slow. If you know he's going to block a slower throw will catch him when he stands back up, or you might just want to just use an offensive hold instead of a throw.

What character do you play?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD