Devil May Cry Thread

dg1995

I get the feeling that this is going to be the last Devil May Cry game. Since the genre of Hack'n slash is dead and after that itsuno will probably work on Dragon's Dogma 2.

If they ever make any other Devil May Cry it probably becomes a sequel to DmC.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Well they don't need Ninja Theory to make DmC2 lol Itsuno came up with most of the gameplay stuff in that game anyway which why all of it is in 5.

Lulu

Well they don't need Ninja Theory to make DmC2 lol Itsuno came up with most of the gameplay stuff in that game anyway which why all of it is in 5.

Huh ?

I read in an interview with the DmC director that the only input Capcom gave was when they wanted to see their work so far and Capcom told them it was too faithful to the OG DMC so they told them to change it even more and more...

Also I haven't seen any features from DmC in DMC5.... they reverted back to DMC4's control scheme where something as simple as Dodging is back to being a 3 Step process.... that wire thingy is back to being context sensitive instead of being dual purpose...

The lock on is back... can't say much about this because the issues with the lock on wasn't something you could see in a video... you had to actually use it yourself to get a sense of what was wrong with...

I haven't seen any Dante gameplay though... so if he's similar to British Dante then I'm all aboard... but if I have change styles with the D-Pad and cycle through 4 weapons using one button requiring me to go through weapons I don't want to reach the weapons I do.... then.... well.... I'm still on board but I'm going to complain and whine throughout the whole experience. You know me... its what I'm good at. ;)

UpSideDownGRUNT

There's quite a lot taken from DmC actually, as someone who plays DmC I see it plain as day.

1. Training Mode
2. Dynamic Battle Music
3. slow motion battle enders
4. The way enemies are introduced with the names and still frames.
5. 3rd person camera, 1-4 had semi fixed camera angles 5 has DmCs fully controllable camera.
6. If training mode is there there's a good chance Divinity Statues will have DmCs try before you buy feature.
7. even the damn rank announcer is the same.

Also DmC Definitive Edition had lock on so that's not saying much. DE also had the lock + direction for Stinger and such.

Lulu

1. Training Mode

Fantastic !!! So they did learn something !!!

2. Dynamic Battle Music
3. slow motion battle enders
4. The way enemies are introduced with the names and still frames.
5. 3rd person camera, 1-4 had semi fixed camera angles 5 has DmCs fully controllable camera.
6. If training mode is there there's a good chance Divinity Statues will have DmCs try before you buy feature.
7. even the damn rank announcer is the same.

Unfortunately these features are... meh...

Also you forgot to mention the change in Physics.... I watched the TGS Dante Gameplay and he no longer plumnets like a wet stone a 2 Hit Juggle... this is good because it will give me time to fumble for the Swordmaster style to continue the juggle.... doing the samething in DMC4 require SFIV levels of dexterity.
Also DmC Definitive Edition had lock on so that's not saying much. DE also had the lock + direction for Stinger and such.

Yep... and from what I heard (because I never played it myself) was it stuck out like a sore thumb because it was obvuous the game wasn't designed to have it...

Capcom has made so many remakes and remasters lately... If DmC DE Winds up not coming to PC Then I'm gonna pissed... lol... it would be the a serious dick move to skip the port I want the most after so many other remakes.

Jackie Chan Fan

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Demo is pretty solid. I own all consoles so I don’t run into woes surrounding exclusivity. That said, it’s short. You’re not missing too much and there will be other demos almost for sure based on their word choice when announcing it.

Ninoasker

welp, thank god I have a PS4 then. sucks that we won’t be able to download it on PC tho, since I’m interested in purchasing it on PC but I wanted to see how well did it perform in my rig.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD