Did DOA5U do anything right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Bounds that don't even benefit half the cast, useless bounce stuns,removal of practically all FTs, invincibility on the ground,increased hold damage ,etc ... was the inclusion of a few characters and stages worth butchering this game !? god no wonder why I haven't heard Grape bitching since it's release he just said " fuck it" and for once I agree with him.until we get some major changes I'm done​

Yaguar

Momiji is fun. Enough to keep me playing. The game is a god send if you want to play punishment since next to nothing is safe.
I've found a good use for bounces and bounds. Pseudo-FT setups are now amazing, just have to find them.

Omegan Eckhart

I just wish they would nerf the shit out of counters again. I swear low counters recovers faster now than in they did in Vanilla.

About Bounds, I think a great idea would be to allow characters with lousy SDS's to be able to link SDS's into a bound attack so they could get a small combo if they can't land a free launcher.

Drake Aldan

Core Fighters was a great idea and I would like to see more FTP like this instead of demos in the future.

The only gripe I have is that frames should be up on the TN website. They give us patch notes so I can't see why they can't make nice tables for us and update them as patches come.
I'd even pay money for it.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Momiji is fun. Enough to keep me playing. The game is a god send if you want to play punishment since next to nothing is safe.
I've found a good use for bounces and bounds. Pseudo-FT setups are now amazing, just have to find them.

Aren't you just using pseudo force techs because they took away most of them in the first place how is that better? and the bounds don't connect they knock the opponent out of my range thanks that's so fucking useful how about you give them something useful likes don't know an actual SDS instead this crappy replacement? So far I've yet to see a single instance where any if the new changes have proved necessary. If someone can show me otherwise I'll gladly eat my words and chalk it up to another godam mood swing.

Yaguar

Aren't you just using pseudo force techs because they took away most of them in the first place how is that better? and the bounds don't connect they knock the opponent out of my range thanks that's so fucking useful how about you give them something useful likes don't know an actual SDS instead this crappy replacement? So far I've yet to see a single instance where any if the new changes have proved necessary. If someone can show me otherwise I'll gladly eat my words and chalk it up to another godam mood swing.

- Pseudo's I never noted as being better, but it is something right because they exist and it is something there. You still get +frames from techs. That is what makes it a pseudo.

- I've got a couple of bounds setups for Momiji that are pretty useful. Can be followed up with :6::P::K::K::P: against all weights. I don't use them often because I avoid playing into much of the stun game but I have the options.

- Sit downs still get hit by the stagger escape system which was part of the game for donkeys. Bounds in this element are much better. But I'd like to see them have more +frames even vs. fastest SE too for sit downs.

Yaguar

They can't be SE'd and you can follow them up.
You asked did they do anything right and I pointed out strengths with bound stuns. You aren't obligated to make use of useless moves, characters have bad moves if yours turns out to be a bound stun then choose another option or find an option that works with it if you want to make use of it.

I get that the next will be "Well why don't you just launch?". Well it's called an option. Why don't you just avoid them?

Xernuht

I don't see how they are better when they knock everyone away

Unless you're Hitomi, you can at least land a running follow-up on the sliding ones. I'm pretty sure they're better in Tag Mode, where more damage is only an :H+P+K:away. Just mess around with them a bit.

That said, I'm enjoying 5U. For the most part, I'm actually finding characters I enjoy developing in training in Momiji, Ein, Eliot, and Kokoro. Helena and Rig are close as well.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Most strikes that bound were originally sitdown stuns that guaranteed a launch, though, which is the problem I have with it.

EDIT: I'd mind bounds a lot less if more characters could use them as a way to stun launch. As it is, a lot of characters have bounds at the end of long strings or have slow bounds or have launchers on the same levels.

Last edited:

Argentus

Bounds that don't even benefit half the cast, useless bounce stuns,removal of practically all FTs, invincibility on the ground,increased hold damage ,etc ... was the inclusion of a few characters and stages worth butchering this game !? god no wonder why I haven't heard Grape bitching since it's release he just said " fuck it" and for once I agree with him.until we get some major changes I'm done​

As frustrating as things are, the way you put it, it just sounds like they were trying to balance the game after realizing rushdown was too effective in vanilla. All the changes are just nerfing the offense and buffing the defense. Which is nice since offense completely outclassed defense in vanilla, but 5u still has a long way to go.

But they did nerf rachels stomp really quick, which is a really good sign.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
We don't need another whining thread. There are plenty of those and there are plenty of threads explaining changes that people think are both good and bad. This is our DoA for the forseeable future. You are welcome to not play and also welcome to not post here. Just don't clutter the boards with more nonsense. I'd love to see someone post an actual constructive thread with what they don't like, how it affects their game and others, how they would fix it, and so on. I'd leave something like that open because it serves a purpose. Not this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD