"Did you enjoy my full course of technique" - Leifang General Strategy Thread

Kokomi

Just wondering, but I wanted to inquire about Leifang like I did in the Kasumi thread because I am as equally interested in picking up Leifang as I am Kasumi. Could someone give me a kind of in-depth or brief explanation on Leifang's gameplay? Her general rules to win a match? What personality does she demand within a player to be successful with her?

One of the reasons why I'm interested in picking her up is probably because I like her holds, although I can see that she is not as hold intensive with the likes of Bayman and Lisa. Someone correct me on this, but her hold mechanics is something similar to Hitomi (better even), which gives her the ability to deal more damage through juggling, rather than through raw hold power as many of her holds place her opponents on BT to create opportunities for more set up. Can she help players in getting better with their hold games?

Yoyo

Do you guys think Lei would benefit from having another critical burst added like in this video? It happens around the :48 second mark and also can Lei parry Powerblow moves also.

Just wondering, but I wanted to inquire about Leifang like I did in the Kasumi thread because I am as equally interested in picking up Leifang as I am Kasumi. Could someone give me a kind of in-depth or brief explanation on Leifang's gameplay? Her general rules to win a match? What personality does she demand within a player to be successful with her?

One of the reasons why I'm interested in picking her up is probably because I like her holds, although I can see that she is not as hold intensive with the likes of Bayman and Lisa. Someone correct me on this, but her hold mechanics is something similar to Hitomi (better even), which gives her the ability to deal more damage through juggling, rather than through raw hold power as many of her holds place her opponents on BT to create opportunities for more set up. Can she help players in getting better with their hold games?

I have very similar questions about her in terms of her playstyle. I feel like a deer in headlights when I get her in random, but she does intrigue me. I'm curious to know how variable her playstyle can be. She rly is a character I just don't get. I know her pokes, her stuns, but then...I get a blank. Her strongest throw is weak compared to others' 12 frame throws. She has holds galore, but so does Bayman (but he needs them because he is slow).

Currently I'm all over the place with her. I'm trying to use a jack-of-all-trades style with her but that's working horribly for me. Is she just "parry to juggle, throw them when back turned to wall, advanced hold wake up kicks and R1F pokes, Unshu OH to juggle"?

So far I got that Unshu with parries and advanced kick counters throws ppl off so they don't know what to poke with, and theoretically takes care of the vast majority of options. I'm out of options atm for a gameplan, so...

Shiro madoushi

I have very similar questions about her in terms of her playstyle. I feel like a deer in headlights when I get her in random, but she does intrigue me. I'm curious to know how variable her playstyle can be. She rly is a character I just don't get. I know her pokes, her stuns, but then...I get a blank. Her strongest throw is weak compared to others' 12 frame throws. She has holds galore, but so does Bayman (but he needs them because he is slow).

Currently I'm all over the place with her. I'm trying to use a jack-of-all-trades style with her but that's working horribly for me. Is she just "parry to juggle, throw them when back turned to wall, advanced hold wake up kicks and R1F pokes, Unshu OH to juggle"?

So far I got that Unshu with parries and advanced kick counters throws ppl off so they don't know what to poke with, and theoretically takes care of the vast majority of options. I'm out of options atm for a gameplan, so...

Add me. On psn s_rilla ... I will me more than happy to give you an hand whenever we are online. Just have a mic ^_^

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
What do you guys think about 33P as a mid range tool? It's fairly slow and is pretty bad on NH, but you do get 9KKK and 3P+K follow ups, so you don't get punished for it often. I've always thought it was dumb, but Japanese players keep doing it. What do you guys think?

NightAntilli

It's great as a stun extender in some cases, and generally, it's quite respected because of the follow-ups. Its speed is its main drawback. I use it regularly in my arsenal. I generally go for the kick follow-ups, and I mix up between using 1, 2 or all the kicks. It keeps people wary and on the defensive. The 3P+K follow-up is only for when you're launching against an already stunned opponent since it's so unsafe, and the 9KKK follow-up is better for everything else.

Zephyrion

i prefer 2k+h

Lei Fang's :2::h::+::K: is really good mid range but also really risky. Don't forget to use her offensive holds mid-range for whiff punish : the range on those is incredibly good and do decent damage ! You can also use it to test the waters and see if your opponent is able to throw punish their startup. Even if they do, you can still cycle between 3:3::P:/:2::h::+::K: for low hits, :9::P::P: for mid hits and the offensive grabs, just to keep them honest !

phoenix1985gr

I know all this my post was only as an answer to StrikerSashi and 33p.. i generally when im out of my comfort range im trying to get slowly back in... And use some 9p(p), 6h+k and 66T to keep them guessing... (to be honest i cant believe how often i get away with 9pp people shpuldnt get hit that much by this) but in general my best et is to walk slowly and block if im out ranged

Zephyrion

I know all this my post was only as an answer to StrikerSashi and 33p.. i generally when im out of my comfort range im trying to get slowly back in... And use some 9p(p), 6h+k and 66T to keep them guessing... (to be honest i cant believe how often i get away with 9pp people shpuldnt get hit that much by this) but in general my best bet is to walk slowly and block if im out ranged

Aha, I know, it was just a way to give a quick reminder, since I see alot of Lei-fang abusing :2::h::+::K: not because they are bad or anything, just that they forget that they have other awesome options mid-range.

On another note, I was wondering how often and in what situations other Lei-Fang players use her advanced holds ? I mostly use :4::6::h: and :6::4::h: : I also use :6::7::h: every once in a while but that's it ! Any clue about how I can make use of her other advanced holds ?

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I do it depending on matchup. Against Ein, Akira, Ayane, etc, I'll do 61H once in a while to keep them honest. If a Hitomi is trying to keep me pressured, 43H. Usually, though, I just use the mid ones and high punch.

NightAntilli

Some people are simply predictable, and you need to exploit that. As an example, a lot of people, knowing Leifang's options with her Unshu stance, they start the round with a high K, trying to beat any mid attack and the unshu. Especially when they're playing with Helena. If your spacing is right, some people will try the low sweep with characters like Hayate, Hitomi and so on. Against the VF characters, lots of people spam 2P.

Learn their patterns, and you can beat them with three good advanced holds every round, without every having to actually attack or put pressure.

Chapstick

Not sure if this has ever been stated before, but here's a pseudo force tech setup that I'm pretty sure you have to tech roll right away to escape.

To an opponent lower in the air- :3::P::4::P:, :2::h::+::K:

For example I like to use H+K after lightly stunning someone to get the small bounce and you could do it off of that.

Zephyrion

Yup, and actually you have an even better option : when the opponent is in the air :3::P::4::P:, :2::P::+::K:

This one is incredibly good since you get the force tech, and you have a :P: follow-up if the opponent tech rolls (you have to max delay the string). Even if you do it early and it whiffs, you can still cancel the :P: follow-up into unshu if the opponent mashes punch on tech roll wake-up ! even if you choose to not input the follow-up you're still safe on tech roll. Definitely something you want to incorporate in your game !

also you can use this as an ender after :9::K::K: on critical stun lv 2 or 3 against lightweights instead of :9::K::K::K: , as you don't lose much damage and get your opponent in a must-guess situation !

Last edited:

Yurlungur

Just wondering what does lei fangs 3+p+k actually crush or is it wonky like lili's matterhorn in tekken

Pictured Mind

Sup guys.
Does anyone know what's guaranteed after different hit levels of 4P+K (I mean normal, counter and hi counter), or what are some good mix ups?
I mostly use 64P set ups right now, but that's kinda "eh" after a while.

Zephyrion

Lei-fang does not have any guaranteed follow-up after Unshu, but she does have single-guess setups.
- Generally after having parried a punch with Unshu, you want to use either the :K: follow-up (crumple stun is great to set any critical stun mixup). or :P: follow-up back into Unshu to play vortex style with all the Unshu options (reset OH, mid kick, mid punch, high punch and low kicks for frame advantage resets, everything is there)
- after a K Unshu on normal and counter, you want to use either :6::4::P: into :6::6::K: or directly use :6::6::K:. you can also go for less classic launchers like :3::K::P::+::K: (normal only) or :3::P::+::K:
-Hi counter Unshu into :K: basically is a dirty single guess setup, you either go for :6::6::K:, :8::K: or Critical Burst. you can also Hi counter throw if you know they'll hold out of the crumple

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD