Community Did you only play it for the fighting?

synce

Nostalgia tripping

http://www.tecmo.co.jp/product/doa3/

doa3ad.jpg

(I didn't. I didn't at all.)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I did. I wasn't playing competitively at that time but I was buying it for the fighting. Sexy girls was just a plus.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Tbf, DOA3's "sexy" content was practically non existent apart from maybe one or two costumes lol

and DOA3 is child's play compared to the sexualisation being milked out of DOA5 lol

But to answer the question, yes, I did.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
"Only for the fighting"? Hell no.

I play it for its likeliness to Virtua Fighter and the fact it's inspired from that game.

I play it for its use of the environment for damage.

I play it for its fluidity and grace compared to other 3D fighters.

I play it for its reputable high-quality visuals.

I play it for its accessibility and barrier of entry for 3D fighters.

I play it for its concept of being easy to learn and hard to master.

I play it because the girls look prettier IMO.

I play it because it's loosely tied to Ninja Gaiden.

I play it because it actually applied breast physics in 3D fighters, inspiring others to do the same.

I play it because it embraces its sexuality as well as those like myself who appreciate it.

I play it because its spinoff volleyball game is a great game to relax and fool around to, and even get creative with custom music.

And I play it because there's a character I genuinely enjoy playing that has nothing to do with what tier she's in.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
To be honest, I thought Kasumi was hot when i first played the game, and she was the only reason I actually began to research the game and hound the Gamestops for every iteration. I like the fighting, but the beauty of the game and the fanservice played an equal attraction to the series as well.

zMoonlight

To be honest, I played it simply because I was watching my Uncle play it and I loved how Tina looked XD
After I bought it, I turned out to love it and moved on to DOA2U and DOA1U.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I bought an original Xbox specifically for DOA3 and learning the game and later on for Steel Battalion. 2U was an added bonus later on.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Definitely for the fighting. Jann Lee was the first character I picked before I realized Hayabusa existed.

lotr9690

Definitely for the fighting. Jann Lee was the first character I picked before I realized Hayabusa existed.
Same. But then Helena came in DOA2 and I love evasive playstyles. I quickly dropped Hayabusa, then picked him up again when I found out Helena sucked (DOA2)... until DOA4. I skipped over 3 to be honest (Ninja Gaiden was my Xbox life).

HHH816

the first time i saw kasumi ass in the doa2 cover

this is it

this is the game i'm waiting for

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD