DLCs, Ideas and should NT give some free stuff.

Keved

My choice of DLC is simple:

- Leon, Ein & Tengu

- Team Battle Mode

- More costumes other than bikinis & swaps

I'd be more than happy to add funds to my PSN wallet & pay a fee for this content.

Having said that i do really love the new beach stage & wouldn't mind seeing them bring back a few old stages from DOA Ultimate & seeing what they can do with them with the new tech.

I'm still waiting for the Genfu Bikini set DLC.

oh-please.gif

KwonJigglypuff

My choice of DLC is simple:
- Leon, Ein & Tengu
- Team Battle Mode
- More costumes other than bikinis & swaps
I'd be more than happy to add funds to my PSN wallet & pay a fee for this content.

Having said that i do really love the new beach stage & wouldn't mind seeing them bring back a few old stages from DOA Ultimate & seeing what they can do with them with the new tech.

Yeah!

The_Great_Opera_1.jpg

(DOA5 is the only game where Helena's doesn't have her own stage. Freedoms Survivor would have been great, thought.. So Great Opera is a classic.)

dead-or-alive-ultimate-20041022023854780.jpg
doa3_forest.jpg

ReyVagabond

It could be cool to have her own opera inside her yate.
Like a multi layer stage, you start inside the opera and you think thats it, but you brake a wall an you outside on the yate next to a swiming pool, and so on.

also, eliot with gen fu Heircut DLC.

Thats something i would buy,

IceMage95

I want to see some more male DLC. C'mon, where's the swim trunks for the guys? Plus, I would like to see DOATEC HK, Dragon Hills, Lorelei, and the old Danger Zone return.

They should just sell the sodding get-ups individually! I want to get the chinese gear for Gen Fu and Jann Lee, but I don't care about Helena getting new threads.

Who's idea was it not to allow those of us who haven't purchased DLC, to be able to see purchased DLC? It reminds me of when Forza did something similar (worse) with DLC cars.

It doesn't exactly breed envy in the people, when they can't actually see what they're missing.

ReyVagabond

Yeah A compatibility patch, is a must.

But aside from that, Their Marketing department should know better that with individual Costumes DLCs. they will get better figures of what are the most popular characters and so on, and gime the market what they want.

Or Character specific Bungles.because we all know we love our mains!

But no. They will do what they always do, without wanting to change the status quo.

on other popic KwonJigglypuff i love you to!

DR2K

The current patch has the new bikinis, so everyone can see them. So TN is obviously listening.

Yeah A compatibility patch, is a must.
But aside from that, Their Marketing department should know better that with individual Costumes DLCs. they will get better figures of what are the most popular characters and so on, and gime the market what they want.
Or Character specific Bungles.because we all know we love our mains!
But no. They will do what they always do, without wanting to change the status quo.
on other popic KwonJigglypuff i love you to!
Character-specific Bundles, is a great idea! Plus, some sort of discount if you purchase a certain number of costumes at once. TN could even offer limted-time packs and special offers. It's the type of freedom that people want. In a word...choices.

Tones

Premium Donor
TN will be continuously releasing costumes and releasing patches isn't free.

ReyVagabond

Each month they keep working on the game, polishing, so it can be the best game it can be. it cost human resourses.

the point i was trying to make, is: Are they earning as much money they could form the dlcs?.
poeple like myself and for the looks of it some more, would buy some consutes but not the way they are selling them right now? or not the costumes they are selling, and so on.
Some people just buy then to suport the company because of their love of the game, not the product they are buying. so buy then beacsue they think they are awsome and love every piece they bought.

But I think its smart to listen to your costumers and try to do change things up now and then, because the cost of creating those costumes its alredy there, its done deal, those people already worked for that content.

TN should introspect and so a person that didnt buy those costumes then will buy then now?
i think it's a fair way of thinking.

The way i see it. there are options like.

We need to sell the game to more/new players, people that tought the game was not good enogh, or people that tought the game was not worth it, or people that tought there are better fighting games than this one like TTT2.

So for that reason, you keep patching it. so it can be a better game all around, you try to suport yor game with publicity, endorsing the game in major turnaments like EVO, and so on.
That works grate for people that thought that there were better fighting games, and new players in general.
New players means new people that might like the costumes and could buy then earning money from work that already paid for.

As for people that did not want to buy the bungles, or didnt like to buy a pac for just one costume.
you have to question, the reason why we sell them like this, do we want to pair up not popular costumes with popular costumes, why are we doing unpopular costumes in the first place?, why most of the times the bungles comes with the same group of characters? you think because i like Tina, i like Lisa?
and so on, and then say if i start selling single costumes or characters bungles, do i think i will loose money because those that did buy the bungles will stop doing it, will i earn more money because more people in general will buy the product. and so on.

Or what other DLCs we can make, like stages they are doing it, i its grate that they are free because in ranked matches and tuornaments the stage is random, and knowing the stage is part of the battle. if they do characters they need to be free, because again to keep it competitive.

So what else they can sell. two give more value to the game. To make it the best game it could posible be?

I dont say there are easy to awnser question but i think if they want to keep the franchise strong they cant be content with they have done till now, keep working on it, and Change in the future how the Sell costumes DLCs.

But thats just me, what other ideas you guys have?

Tones

Premium Donor
It's the same reason why it has taken so many years for us to be able to by 64GB flash sticks for 50 bux. The technology was always there and the manufacturing costs are not the issue. Their aim is to maximize profits and they are doing that by slowly releasing it. It helps keep a fresh image as well. Maybe once they are up to say pack 14 they could release pack 0-10 paid for and when they are up to say pack 24, release 11-20 for free along side a patch.

On the most part, costumes should not be free but things that support the competitive scene, at some point should be free. New characters, maps, modes etc. Even if they released the a character a month earlier for those willing to pay would be a good idea. If they'd want us to pay for maps then it better be worth it (I can't see anything more than $2-4 per map worth it, but at the same time I would like for them to be able to make money).

Keved

My two cents on the matter,

As long as those sneaky ninjas at Team Ninja/Tecmo HQ make it a priority to appease as much of the fanbase as possible including newcomers, competitive tournament players, casuals, the online scene & offline scene then I will be happy to pay for DLC (If it interests me). Try to cater to all angles of the community without alienating any particular player type (well, maybe Mad Max ;) ). Also,as an Australian I will throw in my completely bias opinion on the pricing of DLC ($18.45AU for a costume pack is a punch in the guts) so deflating the balloon price tags for some regions would be a good start too if they want people from all spectrum's of the globe purchasing their DLC. We too have feelings on this small isolated island down under. :(

The DLC with DoA5 seems to be flowing quite nicely though imo, they’re drip feeding us patches & gameplay tweaks, cosmetic additions & even gravure codes (for the inner froth-lipped perv in me :cool:) as bite-sized incentives within a monthly gap which is keeping the game as fresh as a morning turd steaming on a frosty lawn. I also reckon it’s important that they don’t lose their identity, granted this game isn’t just about lush ladies with implants the size of bowling balls but they’re still iconic to the series & i believe it is important that they don’t catch that disease known as mistaken identity crisis that other franchises have already caught this generation (Gives Resi Evil & Silent Hill the stink eye).

I would only worry about DoA5’s DLC if they start locking away character ending movies & game modes already on disc. Keep that filthy, shady, money-scoffing, wallet-milking, under-the-table handshake DLC policy off this Earth & leave the dirty business model to other devs that start with C & end with M.

So, in a nutshell, as long as they keep the monthly DLC trickling at an accessible price for what they’re offering, I will be happy to fork out some bills to support them (if the DLC is to my taste). Other than that as much as I'd love free content & new characters i personally see that as nothing more than a pipe dream of my own, but i would gladly eat my words if i was wrong & Leon did pop up on the PSN saying "Buy me you pansy".

tnzk

I'd be sad if people are giving them a reason to keep the costume DLC at the stupid price they have now.

WAAAGHLORD

whoops that didnt come out right. i meant tina outfit for tina but its cool if they give it to bayman crossdressing grappler sounds scary

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD